Jump to content

Coronavirus Mega-Thread.


numnuts
 Share

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

My Mrs didn't and I don't think she was told either. 

 

1 minute ago, zArk said:

Heh

The more people comply and go along the more rules and orders they are given

 

 

 

 

I'm  going on an article I saw earlier today. 

For the first week after the vaccine your white blood cells drop dramatically leaving you  wide open to infection, especially  bad for the elderly folk.

 

The Gov neglected to mention this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Something to think about. They definitely feed off emotions. You’ve got to guard them. 

I also think it's a misnomer to call them alien. That implies that they exist "out there", there is no out there. Only here. Just on a different frequency which is not visible by the 5 senses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bombadil said:

I would think he should be considering mummification at this stage. Not a vaccine.

From what I’ve seen on here and researched separately, Canada seems up the creek so to speak.

Shame an awesome country with incredible beauty being destroyed by psychos.

 

The Health Sinister is a she.

... without a paddle.  😟

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If someone knocks at your door and offers you a test, you can respectfully decline can't you? But I wonder if you get added to a list for declining which warrants further intrusion down the line? Anyone had any experience with this yet? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, sickofallthebollocks said:

This absolutely reeks like fuck of fake dailyfail and propoganda bullshit:
(I won't paste it all on the thread here - it's just too bad)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9211297/Half-Moscows-12million-residents-Covid-19-mayor-reveals.html?ito=push-notification&ci=73514&si=25251087

 

image.png.8b6d4dedd611bb810a8e5d2044cbe484.png
image.png.0f3a34c58ec89bb5b7bbce5998e6a961.png
image.png.36c2804a926e29ee5a58ef3fce346301.png
image.png.3b27541ea0836dce0888da49551336c3.png

The way that headline is framed, i reckon people will read the headline and think half the population of Moscow have had covid 6 times. Yeah, definitely a PR stunt this. Makes ya sick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

Ambulance:

 

EtJX_TSW8AEO6o4?format=png&name=medium

 

Acute beds:

 

EtI3it2WMAAPiux?format=png&name=900x900

 

https://twitter.com/Stat_O_Guy

 

I was looking at the top graph with different colours representing different years and thinking the same for the bottom graph.  Also it only starts from November so it might be right. I hadn’t looked at the dates. 
 

November would have been busier so your right. I was thinking April onwards. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

If someone knocks at your door and offers you a test, you can respectfully decline can't you? But I wonder if you get added to a list for declining which warrants further intrusion down the line? Anyone had any experience with this yet? 

(out of likes) I was thinking the same thing morpheus, rather than even having a discussion with any twat perpetuating the fear, that front door will never be answered.
We never answer the door to anyone after a certain time, that door is staying firmly shut & locked, especially if some grunt in a nurse fancydress is asking if I want a cotton bud up my starfish.


Edit:  or nose rather

 

Edited by sickofallthebollocks
nose comment
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

If someone knocks at your door and offers you a test, you can respectfully decline can't you? But I wonder if you get added to a list for declining which warrants further intrusion down the line? Anyone had any experience with this yet? 

I have a mirror angled towards my door, so I can see who knocks, I don't know  them it goes unanswered. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mr H said:

I also think it's a misnomer to call them alien. That implies that they exist "out there", there is no out there. Only here. Just on a different frequency which is not visible by the 5 senses.

What do you mean?  Dehumanising? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sickofallthebollocks said:

out of likes)

Well you should save some up, handing them out willie nillie! 🤣

 

5 minutes ago, sickofallthebollocks said:

that door is staying firmly shut & locked, especially if some grunt in a nurse fancydress is asking if I want a cotton bud up my starfish.

Tickled me that 🤣, i will certainly not be answering the door. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Liberty said:

I was looking at the top graph with different colours representing different years and thinking the same for the bottom graph.  Also it only starts from November so it might be right. I hadn’t looked at the dates. 
 

November would have been busier so your right. I was thinking April onwards. 
 

 

 

No worries, I usually go to him or Inportortion for stats, both seem to be legit. I thought acute beds meant ICU so got that wrong.🤦‍♂️

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

Just spoke to an elderly relative whos friend (85) has been told by her 2 sons (ones an ambulancr driver) and the other works in the nhs (doesn't know the occupation) not to leave the house because of the new strain. So now she is only walking up and down her house for exercise. 

 

Apparently and i did try to prove her people are coming house to house to test residents in Kent and maidstone area. 

 

I asked who would be doing this and who do they work for and she didn't know. 

 

Sorry this is just word of mouth. Will try and find the facts. 

 

I heard it on the radio driving home from work today. I don't know which channel because I flick between different ones constantly. My ears pricked up too because they said they're doing it in other areas too, such as Southport which is just down the road from me. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

 

No worries, I usually go to him or Inportortion for stats, both seem to be legit. I thought acute beds meant ICU so got that wrong.🤦‍♂️

 

They were classed as ICU. Actual ICU hardly had anyone in  because they didn’t need intubation which has been proven to harm and should be a last resort. But by opening all those other wards up as covid it increased icu so they were calling that icu when it isn’t. It just sounds bad to say we have thousands in icu and increases the fear factor. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sickofallthebollocks said:

(out of likes) I was thinking the same thing morpheus, rather than even having a discussion with any twat perpetuating the fear, that front door will never be answered.
We never answer the door to anyone after a certain time, that door is staying firmly shut & locked, especially if some grunt in a nurse fancydress is asking if I want a cotton bud up my starfish.


Edit:  or nose rather

 

From Soylent Green and Britannia Hospital to George Orwell's 1984 and C.S. Lewis's Cosmic Trilogy, there are plenty of cinema and literary works that seem to predict the current madness.


But the idea of persistent callers trying to enforce unwanted medical procedures reminds me of: Monty Python's Live Organ Transplants.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...