Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

32 minutes ago, Ergo Storm said:

As I've mentioned before, I do sympathise with these individuals because they are just ordinary people with limited agency and responsibility, but unfortunately many of these people will have to be punished when [if?] this is over.  We can't live like this and we can't tolerate a society of lies.  There have to be consequences.  

It's a difficult situation to come to an understanding when people are opposed to eachother. I'm a huge supporter of freedom and have never wished anyone to be coerced or forcefully injected with something they don't want or threatened them with removing their freedoms if they don't comply. Others have taken it upon themselves to behave like this towards their own people instead of being open to discussion and finding an acceptable middle ground to reconcile their differences with eachother.

Since I know how ignorant I've been in the past when faced with truth and towards other people's concerns I can understand other people's ignorance towards mine which makes it hard for me to condemn them since usually we don't realise what we do without the vision of hindsight that often comes with great regret.

I'm still ignorant now, just not quite as much when it comes to listening to peoples personal concerns or their fears directly whether or not someone else is telling me I shouldn't listen to them. If their concerns are with me, I can assure them I'm not going to force them to do anything they don't want to do and comfort them to say I'm not their enemy and the last thing I would want is for them to fear me.

It's a very difficult situation and all I can do is believe more and more people are opening up.

22 hours ago, Illmatic said:

Yeah interesting idea, since the beginning I've been thinking the east might fare better since the people aren't going to be in any hurry to rush into a communist regime for obvious reasons. Poland and Czech Republic are awesome.

Now all I have to do is get in on the Wall Street Bets craze so I can buy up some cheap property #stonks

The Amish are an example of how such communities could work, limited contact with ‘outside’ world, abundant self sufficiency, the blueprint is there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bullion said:

The Amish are an example of how such communities could work, limited contact with ‘outside’ world, abundant self sufficiency, the blueprint is there.

I believe this man and the Rastafarians too, they're smart enough to know the need for food security and self sufficiency. How many are willing to sacrifice the superficial shit we don't need though when their self-identity is attached to it like a ball and chain.

4 minutes ago, facere arbitrium said:

I believe this man and the Rastafarians too, they're smart enough to know the need for food security and self sufficiency. How many are willing to sacrifice the superficial shit we don't need though when their self-identity is attached to it like a ball and chain.

Exactly right, that’s why it’s a hard sell to these short sighted morons atm, hopefully the time will come when they’ll be prepared to forego the social tech crap and see it for what it is. Unfortunately it may take deaths on their doorstep for them to take that leap.

2 minutes ago, Bullion said:

Exactly right, that’s why it’s a hard sell to these short sighted morons atm, hopefully the time will come when they’ll be prepared to forego the social tech crap and see it for what it is. Unfortunately it may take deaths on their doorstep for them to take that leap.

I wish we had the roots for a community like this to grow here. Bring people back together again and restore our lives. I'm not expecting some imaginary image of a perfectly blissful life without ups and downs but I know people would have way more satisifaction from life and more time to enjoy living for eachother.

9 hours ago, Macnamara said:

Yes 2021 is shaping up to be an anus horribilis

I bet these ruling class cockroaches wanted this rollout back when the mouldy old queen announced the horrible annus but she didn’t get the memo that stated it was being delayed for 28 years 😂😂

9 minutes ago, facere arbitrium said:

I wish we had the roots for a community like this to grow here. Bring people back together again and restore our lives. I'm not expecting some imaginary image of a perfectly blissful life without ups and downs but I know people would have way more satisifaction from life and more time to enjoy living for eachother.

Starting in our own communities is where it’s at, talking with like minded people. Unfortunately co ordinating via the Internet is out for obvious reasons. Word of mouth has worked well for me so far, a lot of people in my street alone are growing food

1 minute ago, Bullion said:

Starting in our own communities is where it’s at, talking with like minded people. Unfortunately co ordinating via the Internet is out for obvious reasons. Word of mouth has worked well for me so far, a lot of people in my street alone are growing food

Could be a step in the right direction. I hope for the best.

8 minutes ago, facere arbitrium said:

LoL didn't even notice that and it had to be a white dummy too :D I suppose they're trying to suggest we should hate all Chinese people when we know many of them feel like us.

I took it to mean we are dummies if we let them shove that stick up our arse😂