Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

Let me offer you all a brief analysis of a very sneaky article that has appeared on Mail Online...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-9171483/Herd-immunity-not-achievable-UK-vaccinated.html

Like most British newspaper articles nowadays, the above article is not saying what it appears to be saying.  British journalists seem to lack the clarity and precision of written expression found in Germany, another country I have experience of.  A German journalist more or less says what he wants to say.  A British journalist is typically all over the place, especially if he has an agenda to conceal.

The crucial passages that we need to pull out are as follows:

The researchers worked on the assumption the Oxford vaccine is 70.4 per cent effective against Covid infection, as this is the headline figure on the study data received by the MHRA which led to its approval last month. 

However, this figure is based on the protection from severe disease, which leads to death. But when accounting for asymptomatic infections, it is only 52.5 per cent effective, Professor Grant said. 

'This means that its overall protection against infection is only partial — around 50 per cent.

'This combination of relatively low headline efficacy and limited effect on asymptomatic infections means that the Oxford vaccine can't take us to herd immunity, even if the whole population is immunised.

'Vaccinating 82 per cent of the population with the Pfizer vaccine would control the spread of the virus — but it isn't licenced for use on under 16s, who make up 19 per cent of the population.

'Also, some people will refuse the vaccine, so achieving an 82 per cent vaccination rate will likely be impossible.'

In very simplified terms, what they are actually saying here is that the vaccines can't work in establishing mass immunity unless vaccination is compulsory.  it doesn't say that explicitly in so many words, but that is what it means.

Now let's turn to the next passage:

The researchers included the Kent strain, which now accounts for at least 61 per cent of all UK infections, in their analysis, but did not have enough data to look at the impact of the South Africa variant. 

'The British variant does not seem to be an escape mutant as it is lacking the E484K gene,' Professor Hunter said.  The E484K gene mutation is believed to make the virus adept at avoiding antibodies which have been made by the human immune system following prior infection. 

As a result, it is to blame for numerous reinfection events and scientists are growing increasingly concerned it may be able to evade current vaccines

'The problem with the English strain is it spreading more quickly,' Professor Hunter added. 

'The South Africa strain is a different matter and has both the increased infection mutant and a degree of escape mutant. This does not necessarily mean the vaccine is useless but is probably slightly less effective.'  

In a mealy-mouthed way that most people won't notice, they are conceding here that the vaccines won't work because there will be new strains to be announced that may overcome the immune response of vaccinated individuals.  (I'm no doctor or scientist, but it occurs to me that anybody vaccinated could be at a much greater risk in this situation). 

Putting all this together, it's obvious they are laying the groundwork for a universal vaccination programme on some basis.  For various reasons, I do not believe compulsory vaccination will be practicable and I assume they know this, so what they are going to do is ramp up the propaganda to hook in maybe 90% of the population and also make it so that vaccination becomes an annual event, maybe for everybody.  But it won't be strictly compulsory, or it will be compulsory on paper but as with masks, they will allow various get-outs so that they don't have the hassle of enforcing it to the nth.

Edited by Ergo Storm
  • Like 1
  • Replies 44.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DarianF

• oddsnsods

• Avoiceinthecrowd

• SimonTV

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wont believe this.   I just went down Lidls to get some steak.   Security guard calls me out as I walk past & I ignore him. Gets my steak walks to the credit only till

Some images of today's demonstration in London (not taken by me personally).                

Fuck the fuck off.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, alexa said:

The sound of silence strikes again!

Don't talk on the subway, say French doctors, to limit COVID-19 spread

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-france-metro/dont-talk-on-the-subway-say-french-doctors-to-limit-covid-19-spread-idUSL1N2JY085

yes  If double masking didn't make you feel 'safe' enough, how about just no chatting at all. Infact, don't even look at another human being because you will catch Covid and die. Matching eye patches can now be found on Amazon. Accessorise! Convenient peep hole zips for when you need to make your way around your house your locked in.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9165731/Chatting-spreads-Covid-19-COUGHING-study-finds.html?

and its ESPECIALLY unsafe for speakers of the English language! lol *facepalm* (whoops, forgot about my covid-tooth-rot and they just fell out then)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisonescalante/2020/09/08/why-speaking-english-may-spread-more-coronavirus-than-other-languages/?sh=7dfaa606eeaa

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Bullion said:

But I don’t want to return to my lodgings and find some business meeting full of prats taking place in my lounge room which apparently got rented out when I left for the day.... no thanks Klaus 👎

NO you WILL be happy! peasant 

Edited by skitzorat
  • Haha 1

https://www.achgut.com/artikel/ein_vorbildlicher_akt_richterlicher_souveraenitaet_lockdown_gecrashed

A German district court rules against the lockdown policy in Thuringia.  

From the judge's remarks:

Having said that, there can be no doubt that the number of deaths caused by lockdown policy measures alone is many times that of deaths potentially prevented by the lockdowns. For this reason alone, the standards to be assessed here do not meet the requirement of constitutional proportionality. Added to this are the direct and indirect restrictions of freedom, the gigantic financial damage, the immense damage to health and ideals. The word “disproportionate” is too colorless to even suggest the dimensions of what is happening.

Edited by Ergo Storm

Here in this passage from Revelatin 18-23  Sorceries means Pharmakeia ....

"a healing or harmful medicine, a healing or poisonous herb; a drug, poisonous potion; magic (potion),

Revelation 18=23

for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bullion said:

R u saying that once the battery is out it’s still on somehow, it’s an old Aspera. It can’t take apps. My smart phone sits in a drawer atm, so I look like a hermit....lol

I'm just going by what Snowden said in his interview on cellphone tracking. If you can't take the battery out, you can never be sure it's truly off.

Fern Britton asks fans if Covid is 'a con to control us' in Twitter debate 'I had to ask!':

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1379888/fern-britton-twitter-coronavirus-covid-conspiracy-theory-UK-lockdown-news-latest-update

Interesting that this appeared in the Express - all British papers are basically comics, but the Express is lnot as bad as most,  and has been willing to feature 9/11 truth, the matrix and so on in its pages.

Many rushed to disagree that it was a "con", as one said there is “no benefit” to pretending that there’s a virus.

They typed: “What is the benefit to the whole world pretending there's a virus, people losing their livelihoods, etc. Funny they can never answer that when I ask. It’s totally bonkers!”

In fact that's very easy to answer - small and medium businesses going under benefits the big boys who can acquire assets at rock bottom prices. I doubt that many pubs and restaurants will survive the next few months, watch as the sites are sold off - maybe some will be turned into Conjob vaccination centres.

The neo-feudal global state planned by the WEF must imply a drastic fall in living standards in the US, Britain and Europe.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bullion said:

R u saying that once the battery is out it’s still on somehow, it’s an old Aspera. It can’t take apps. My smart phone sits in a drawer atm, so I look like a hermit....lol

Video time code ( 7:51 ):

9 hours ago, allymisfit said:

Yup, they're still open.

I wondered because dentists have been open officially, but round me they've been behaving oddly so that they might as well have been closed.

I went a few months ago with toothache. 

After much messing about with telephone appointments and taking a course of antibiotics they prescribed, I then had to pay for the appointment up front.

They took an x-ray, and diagnosed that I have some infection in the tooth, or perhaps no infection, and if there is some, it might be just starting up or just dying down.

I could have it extracted for £60 or a root canal for £230 or just leave it for my body to fight myself if there was an infection at all.

I opted to leave it because I didn't trust such inept of people faffing in my mouth.

But then 2 people at work said they had family members who had experienced the same nonsense recently at other dental practices.

The tooth's gone black now at the base but they were so unhelpful that I don't want to go back.

51 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

I wondered because dentists have been open officially, but round me they've been behaving oddly so that they might as well have been closed.

After much messing about with telephone appointments and taking a course of antibiotics they prescribed, I then had to pay for the appointment up front.

They took an x-ray, and diagnosed that I have some infection in the tooth, or perhaps no infection, and if there is some, it might be just starting up or just dying down.

I could have it extracted for £60 or a root canal for £230 or just leave it for my body to fight myself if there was an infection at all.

I opted to leave it because I didn't trust such inept of people faffing in my mouth.

But then 2 people at work said they had family members who had experienced the same nonsense recently at other dental practices.

The tooth's gone black now at the base but they were so unhelpful that I don't want to go back.

From past experiences, I'd have it out and be done with it.

17 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Not sure about the muh nazi bit. He recently compared the Capitol shenanigans to the Kristallnacht, and he donated ~$1 million to the ADL a week before he announced his run for CA Governor.

Slime ball.....  SchWARzenegger has not been vaxed, all show as per

1 hour ago, DarianF said:

I'm just going by what Snowden said in his interview on cellphone tracking. If you can't take the battery out, you can never be sure it's truly off.

Phew, battery comes out, ta.

1 minute ago, alexa said:

Slime ball.....  SchWARzenegger has not been vaxed, all show as per

Agreed. I'm finding it hard to believe a word these celebs say these days, but then I'm at the point in my life when I also understand that Hollywood was never made for the benefit of normal people.

At least I'm not alone I guess. A lot of my friends can't listen to movies or music they once liked anymore. It's hard to go back once you see the poison.

1 hour ago, DarianF said:

Video time code ( 7:51 ):

Yeah I think Alex Jones modelled his ‘privacy pocket’ (let your imagination run wild with that phrase....lol) on Snowden’s version of a faraday cage.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Seeker said:

Who does bill gates think he’s fooling with the picture of him ‘taking the vaccine’. It’s a completely different person, his ear is a different shape! 

47C42F42-EBF4-4A23-BC32-38E3FEB2484F.jpeg

907FE700-0852-46B1-B702-883CE2CFAD54.jpeg

Will the real Bill Gates please stand up, please stand up! 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Agreed. I'm finding it hard to believe a word these celebs say these days, but then I'm at the point in my life when I also understand that Hollywood was never made for the benefit of normal people.

At least I'm not alone I guess. A lot of my friends can't listen to movies or music they once liked anymore. It's hard to go back once you see the poison.

I know what you mean, I too find it hard to watch any films now made in Hollywood especially with the likes of Tom Hanks & Tom Cruise in them.

Tom Hanks used to be one of my favorites.

1 hour ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

Maybe not the time for humour, ( it’s probably best to see another dentist or two in different areas and get it attended to) BUT let me tell you what my grannie used to say happened in the war era if you had a bad tooth...... tie one end of a piece of string around the offending tooth and the other end around a door handle and slam the door! To pull it out the old fashioned way 😲 Times may get tough again in the future and we may have to resort to such things, just sayin.

• Haha 1