Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

8 minutes ago, Concerned Citizen said:

Just trying to clarify figures here. I have data from ONS for UK and those totals do not match those in the table above.

Is it the totals here (above) include Scotland and Ireland and the totals I have are only for England and Wales?

eg. yr 2009 - total deaths 491348

yr 2010 - total deaths  493242

yr 2011 - total deaths   484367

yr 2012 - total deaths  499331

yr 2013 - total deaths  506780

yr 2014 - total deaths  501424

yr 2015 - total deaths  529655

yr 2016 - total deaths  525048

yr 2017 - total deaths  533253

My table was for the UK. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/281488/number-of-deaths-in-the-united-kingdom-uk/ 

• Replies 58.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DarianF

• Avoiceinthecrowd

• oddsnsods

• SimonTV

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have now been called to the final vaccination deadline as a health care professional. I informed my employer that these vaccines are not technically vaccines, but are "gene therapies" as they employ

You wont believe this.   I just went down Lidls to get some steak.   Security guard calls me out as I walk past & I ignore him. Gets my steak walks to the credit only till

EXPLAIN PLEASE........   People expect so many answers without giving anything back in return.   If the "tin foil hatters" are so nuts, how about the rule followers give some answe

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Darryl Worthington said:

Thanks for the info. We will probably never know the ultimate truth and I know things are rarely as they seem. Is it within the realm of possibility that this could be a real pandemic ? Thanks again I appreciate the time you took. 👍

You're welcome. 

I'm bit more optimistic. I feel that it is possible to ascertain some truths, particularly about the real inner-workings of civilisation. 

Regarding your other question: It would be more apt to ask 'Is this a pandemic?' and then look at all the available data (and I don't mean only the cherry-picked stuff emanating from the government echo-chamber; I mean look at the counter-arguments that are based on other data sources). 

You're concerned about the ostensible NHS crisis. But there are many other possible factors to take into account. It's not a clear-cut case of saying, 'Some NHS trusts are overwhelmed, therefore it's a SARS-2 pandemic'. Are there other causal factors? Is the reporting fully contextualised? etc. etc.   

There is a lot of irrational fear out there. Some people are so afraid of catching the virus that they wear flimsy masks thinking it's protecting them from viral pathogens. But the masks are not designed to stop those microbes. They are useless at that.

The whole strategy is based on the 'nappy theory' i.e. that wearing masks might catch some of the droplets and therefore prevent the spread of the virus (this claim is contested). And the 'nappy theory' is predicated on the 'asymptomatic spread theory' which has scant supporting evidence; indeed, the evidence shows the opposite i.e. that asymptomatic spread is highly unlikely. So one has to ask: Is there any need at all for healthy people to cover their face?

The sad irony is, you think you're protecting yourself by wearing masks all the time, but by doing so you increase the risk of bacterial overload which could lead to a nasty respiratory infection. 

Irrational fear is not based on reason. It's based on murky assumptions. This can lead one to live in a state of near permanent anxiety. And we know how damaging stress can be to our health. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Basket Case said:

Yes, I understand that it states uk. The data I have is from ONS (Office for National Statistics). I am just trying to establish that the reason there is a difference in the data is that the definition of UK is not the same.

Do you think that is why there is that difference?

Thanks for response.

The current survival rate for Covid is 99.99883% That is surely enough to justify the destruction of millions of jobs and their associated companies. 

Edited by SimonTV
21 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

Just tried again. 

I make it 0.117 %

Is 0.117 % of a population a Pandemic? 

I think the word "pandemic" was declared as moribund circa 2009 when the WHO decided to politicize the word after the H1N1 jiggery pokery.....

Edited by Mr H
27 minutes ago, Darryl Worthington said:

My wife works for the NHS

So you know full well that the hospitals are as good as empty.. 

Doctors Surgeries - Empty.

Hospital Clinics - empty. 

Hospital Pharmacies - empty. 

Phlebotomy dpts - empty. 

X-ray / scan depts - empty.

Corridors - empty. 

There's fuck all going on, and if your wife really works for the NHS you know this. 

The  UK has had it's health service stopped. 

How about YOU tell US what is going on in the hospitals ? 

You know... a bit of insight from the inside ? 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Concerned Citizen said:

Yes, I understand that it states uk. The data I have is from ONS (Office for National Statistics). I am just trying to establish that the reason there is a difference in the data is that the definition of UK is not the same.

Do you think that is why there is that difference?

Thanks for response.

Ah... I get what you're saying. 

I'm really not sure. 

I'll have a look.. 

BC 

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Darryl Worthington said:

I've been into alternative theories for years. I used to subscribe to Fortean times for many years. The whole covid thing has me concerned obviously. When I first heard David Icke claiming covid19 was a hoax I was very interested. The man talks alot of sense but there was always the thought in my head, 'what if in this instance, he's wrong?'  Maybe that's caused by media conditioning you could argue. Once David was taken off YouTube I decided to try to find out why he is so adamant that covid is a hoax. I don't believe everything David says. I don't believe there is any malice in the man either. But it scares me to think people could be put at risk through disinformation. I know you could argue that's what the dark ones want. My wife works for the NHS and she got her vaccine 2 weeks ago. Luckily there's been no side effects. I'm not here to ridicule anyone, just looking for info from real people.  It is distressing to hear of people standing outside a London hospital shouting covid is a hoax when the doctors and nurses are dealing with the effects of covid19. However it is their right for freedom of speech. It's just all so confusing, again you'll probably argue that's what the overlords want. I hope it is hoax and we can get back to some kind of normal soon, but I think this is going to be the way things are for years to come. In my head it's mother nature's way of trying to control human population after all the destruction we've brought on this planet. Only my opinion of course. Have a nice day 👍

Oh dear, how awful, which hospital is that? Is it like a war zone in there? 

Edited by greatdayforfreedom
  • Haha 2
40 minutes ago, Darryl Worthington said:

In my head it's mother nature's way of trying to control human population after all the destruction we've brought on this planet

Ah...

BOOOMMM....!!!! 

There it is. 

I'm not a Doctor but I would hazard a guess that you have a severe case of imatrollwithmyheadupmyarseitis.. 

Nothing can be done for you... We'll add you to the 2021 figures 😉 

BC :0)  xx

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
4 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

So you know full well that the hospitals are as good as empty.. 

Doctors Surgeries - Empty.

Hospital Clinics - empty. 

Hospital Pharmacies - empty. 

Phlebotomy dpts - empty. 

X-ray / scan depts - empty.

Corridors - empty. 

There's fuck all going on, and if your wife really works for the NHS you know this. 

The  UK has had it's health service stopped. 

How about YOU tell US what is going on in the hospitals ? 

You know... a bit of insight from the inside ? 

I will indeed share any info I can with anyone interested. This is a small hospital in Northern Ireland. Last Friday there was 28 cases of people in the hospital due to covid. Yesterday there was 41. So it will be interesting later in week to see if they are increasing at a rate of roughly 4 per day therefore continuing the current trajectory. There have been deaths but I know the problem is differentiating between people dying of covid or people dying with covid. Last winter my wife thinks there would not have been more than 10 in that hospital at once with seasonal flu. So there seems to be something affecting more people. It could be argued when people are under stress that their immune systems could be compromised and that could account for the 30 more patients I guess. I'll keeps yous updated if yous are interested 👍

2 hours ago, Darryl Worthington said:

Fair enough. I thought getting off fossil fuels was a good thing for the environment and general air quality. Perhaps this is all a simulation but the thing is we might as well make the most of it. I guess it's the red pill, blue pill choice. How far down does the rabbit hole go? I got really into this a few years ago but the paranoia nearly did my head in. Yeah we are being lied to but if everything is a lie , who do we believe. Please don't answer with the Bible 😂

Exactly so this is an easy way to stop it right? Why not stop the carbon footprint all together and lock people in their homes? 

You don’t need anyone to believe in. Nobody can possibly say what they have in store for us, but it is bad. The richest don’t care about the people, and they have so much money they can control the entire planet. This is a psy-op basically it is my opinion many on here are right, this is a psychological experiment to prove that they can control every single part of the general publics lives with lies.. 

9 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

Ah...

BOOOMMM....!!!! 

There it is. 

I'm not a Doctor but I would hazard a guess that you have a severe case of imatrollwithmyheadupmyarseitis.. 

Nothing can be done for you... We'll add you to the 2021 figures 😉 

BC :0)  xx

😂 Surely if we can't trust the politicians, then maybe voting for the protection of planet earth has to be a good thing? That's what I've been doing for years. Don't now tell me green peace are evil too!!!

4 minutes ago, Darryl Worthington said:

I will indeed share any info I can with anyone interested. This is a small hospital in Northern Ireland. Last Friday there was 28 cases of people in the hospital due to covid. Yesterday there was 41. So it will be interesting later in week to see if they are increasing at a rate of roughly 4 per day therefore continuing the current trajectory. There have been deaths but I know the problem is differentiating between people dying of covid or people dying with covid. Last winter my wife thinks there would not have been more than 10 in that hospital at once with seasonal flu. So there seems to be something affecting more people. It could be argued when people are under stress that their immune systems could be compromised and that could account for the 30 more patients I guess. I'll keeps yous updated if yous are interested 👍

How many of those people in the hospital have had a vaccine recently? That would be interesting to know and also what the average age was. 

2 hours ago, Mr H said:

I think the word "pandemic" was declared as moribund circa 2009 when the WHO decided to politicize the word after the H1N1 jiggery pokery.....

Yes - back when they actually got caught red handed FAKING A PANDEMIC! with their greedy hands in the back pockets of big pharma. Funny how the media never bought that up this time - they were all over it back then.

Very convenient of them to change their definition of what constitutes being able to declare a pandemic too: removal of the whole "[resulting in]... enormous numbers of deaths and illness." part.  Very convenient indeed. Its almost as if the World Health Organisation was just shuffling some chess pieces for their Masters

• Like 1