Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

1 hour ago, truther79 said:

Hancock now "applauds" Morrisons for banning people without masks unless they "clearly" don't have to have one. So now we have to prove it.

Everyone needs to keep this on their phone to show when needed:

Screenshot_20201227_175717.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DarianF

• oddsnsods

• Avoiceinthecrowd

• SimonTV

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wont believe this.   I just went down Lidls to get some steak.   Security guard calls me out as I walk past & I ignore him. Gets my steak walks to the credit only till

Some images of today's demonstration in London (not taken by me personally).                

Fuck the fuck off.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

That's not going to be appreciated. I was chatting to a staff member at a local Morrison weeks ago and she was saying that she refuses to wear one for the same, sensible reasons that I do.

I managed to get into Morrisons yesterday without a mask, walked right past 2 security guards. Guess I won't be stepping foot in there again, unless im wearing the hidden disability lanyard.

Just now, Martin1234 said:

So what does everyone think it's next? Lockdown for the summer?

Mandatory PCR tests for lots of things, which will be replaced by the vaccine passports and (hopefully) unrest.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Orange Alert said:

Time to only shop at traditional, old English-Pakistani, Bangladeshi etc. corner shops and not at the big corporate supermarkets.

Went to the polish store recently - 90% of people including staff didn't have a mask!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, vinny79 said:

Hancock.

what does he offer 

absolute prick

Hancock has no qualifications that permits him to be a good candidate in making the determination of whether the risk of not locking down out weighs the cost of lockdown.

1 minute ago, truth_seeker90 said:

Went to the polish store recently - 90% of people including staff didn't have a mask!

Haha the Polish know what's up. I met a couple of Polish guys when I was in Italy during the summer and asked them what they thought of Covid and lockdowns.

They said, "Yes, Covid is very serious. My neighbour had a leaky roof and when he tested positive and they made him stay at home he was so sick he managed to fix the whole thing!"

6 minutes ago, vinny79 said:

Hancock.

what does he offer 

absolute prick

He offers an abundance of arrogant self satisfaction and a face that begs to be punched.

Where the Frick he manifested from, I do not know, but I'd never heard of the pip-squeak before he materialised on my TV screen, telling me what I can and can't do.

Edited by Tinfoil Hat
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Illmatic said:

Mandatory PCR tests for lots of things, which will be replaced by the vaccine passports and (hopefully) unrest.

I'm still hoping to get away with being unvaccinated. Might have to try and fake an allergy.

3 hours ago, oddsnsods said:

Chris Witty has crawled up your arse & hes not coming out EVER..unless you take his quarterly of course. 💉

Erc0a4yXIAQzmrp.jpg

those Spitting image dolls look so creepy!   ...... WTF that is real a human! No way he looks like something they unwrapped at the pyramids in Eygpt!

• Like 1

We are constantly being told "wear a mask to save lives" and if you dont you are unsociable and egoistic !

What if we say We everyone must donate 40% of  their  income to those who are going into fiancial ruin!

Starting of couse with those who impose the restrictions on the rest! and if they refuse say they are being unsociable and egoistic!

cant see many willing to give up 40 % of their income

but it could be a way to turn the tables!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, oddsnsods said:

Chris Witty has crawled up your arse & hes not coming out EVER..unless you take his quarterly of course. 💉

Erc0a4yXIAQzmrp.jpg

He reminds me of this dude, now turned dudette...

For people of a certain age...

3BEE99C200000578-0-image-a-31_1483824792

• Haha 2
37 minutes ago, Martin1234 said:

I'm still hoping to get away with being unvaccinated. Might have to try and fake an allergy.

I think if it gets to that point no one will have any choice mate. Better to stand up and say fuck you I won't do what you tell me, motherfucker! 🖕

• Like 5

In this recently published study by Eran Bendavid, Christopher Oh, Jay Bhattacharya and John Ioannidis (published 5th January 2021), it is concluded that mandatory stay‐at‐home and business closures do not provide any particular benefit to the spread of Covid-19 and, even if small benefit can be found, this is no match for the huge harm caused by the aggressive restrictions.

The paper compares non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs) across 10 countries: England, France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, and the US and has undergone full peer review. It is found that most scenarios, in fact, point to an increase in growth rate of Covid cases where stricter measures are implemented (although the authors are cautious in this respect).

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/eci.13484

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/eci.13484?fbclid=IwAR30sGcE3SZZc5uTGMOu13TChy0RWkTrjtcbgRkzxexgBcmIByC3LA0w8KE

Conclusions

While small benefits cannot be excluded, we do not find significant benefits on case growth of more restrictive NPIs. Similar reductions in case growth may be achievable with less restrictive interventions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, truth_seeker90 said:

I managed to get into Morrisons yesterday without a mask, walked right past 2 security guards. Guess I won't be stepping foot in there again, unless im wearing the hidden disability lanyard.

If you have the opportunity to get your food elsewhere, boycott the place.

• Like 2