Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

PCR or LFT tests coming into force next week for people arriving or departing the UK, apart from a few exceptions.

Covid cases will be 'MISSED' at UK border: Scientists warn of rise in infections over government allowing arrivals to choose 'less accurate' lateral flow tests to prove they are infection-free

• Travellers to be banned from entering the UK from next week if they do not have negative test 
  • MailOnline understands that travellers will be able to present negative PCR or rapid flow tests as proof 
  • But there are concerns in the travel industry some will be stuck away on holiday with little time to get back
  • It is expected to cause a scramble for return flights before Wednesday as 100,000 Brits are abroad 
  • Industry leaders including Michael O'Leary believe the new testing rule will further damage aviation industry
  • Scientists warned that giving travellers the option of a 'less accurate' test could mean missed positive cases 

Those arriving in the UK will be able to present negative PCR or lateral flow Covid tests as proof that they do not have coronavirus. 

Grant Shapps has said nobody will be able to depart for Britain by plane, train or ferry unless they present a 'recognised' test result at check-in along with a valid passport and visa if required. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will also adopt the measure.  

Full article at https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9125411/100-000-Brits-abroad-five-days-home-face-banned-without-negative-Covid-test.html?ci=66626&si=23927364

Edited by Orange Alert

And pigs can fly...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55602007

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have received Covid-19 vaccinations, Buckingham Palace has said.

A royal source said the vaccinations were administered on Saturday by a household doctor at Windsor Castle.

The source added the Queen decided to let it be known she had the vaccination to prevent further speculation.

The Queen, 94, and Prince Philip, 99, are among around 1.5 million people in the UK to have had at least one dose of a Covid vaccine so far.

People aged over 80 in the UK are among the high-priority groups who are being given the vaccine first.

The couple have been spending the lockdown in England at their Windsor Castle home after deciding to have a quiet Christmas at their Berkshire residence, instead of the traditional royal family gathering at Sandringham.

• Haha 1

Here we go. Slowly but surely, our freedom is taken away without anyone noticing.

It's because....Covid, it's because for the vaccine... You must stop breathing ......because there is a pandemic going on! Do your bit.

Toilet rolls are no longer trending item, I expect to see alcohol section emptied soon. 🤡

14 minutes ago, Orange Alert said:

PCR or LFT tests coming into force next week for people arriving or departing the UK, apart from a few exceptions.

Covid cases will be 'MISSED' at UK border: Scientists warn of rise in infections over government allowing arrivals to choose 'less accurate' lateral flow tests to prove they are infection-free

• Travellers to be banned from entering the UK from next week if they do not have negative test 
  • MailOnline understands that travellers will be able to present negative PCR or rapid flow tests as proof 
  • But there are concerns in the travel industry some will be stuck away on holiday with little time to get back
  • It is expected to cause a scramble for return flights before Wednesday as 100,000 Brits are abroad 
  • Industry leaders including Michael O'Leary believe the new testing rule will further damage aviation industry
  • Scientists warned that giving travellers the option of a 'less accurate' test could mean missed positive cases 

Those arriving in the UK will be able to present negative PCR or lateral flow Covid tests as proof that they do not have coronavirus. 

Grant Shapps has said nobody will be able to depart for Britain by plane, train or ferry unless they present a 'recognised' test result at check-in along with a valid passport and visa if required. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will also adopt the measure.  

Full article at https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9125411/100-000-Brits-abroad-five-days-home-face-banned-without-negative-Covid-test.html?ci=66626&si=23927364

How predictable was that?!

It's time to get your dingy out. Holidaying in migrant style to become trendy. (prediction)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Macnamara said:

that's probably why you have made a recovery. The people who don't recover from the flu all seem to have had the flu vaccine

Yes that's my theory as well. I'm wondering how long it is before people who have taken the Covid vaccine end up in hospital with the virus. Maybe it's happening already although I'm sure they will keep that information quiet.

I try educating work colleages about the dangers of experimental mRNA vaccine (told them they modify your DNA). One work colleague had one just because he wanted to fly to see his family, and the other said "Oh I'm getting the vaccine because I like being a ginny pig". Not very intelligent reasons. Lulz.

I asked the nurse at work if the PCR test was accurate: "Oh yes, she replied, but as of next week we will be using a different test that gives results in 30 minutes". I then asked he if the 30 minute test is as accurate as the PCR swab test that needs to be sent away to a lab. She then replied, well, the 30 minute test is not as accurate as the PCR swab test.

So to summarise they use the PCR test which doesn't test for a virus or a disease, then they switch to another type of test which is even less accurate. These people don't have a clue, they are just repeaters of information.

Edited by kestrel
  • Like 3

Lots of 'war talk' here 🙁

The NHS could vaccinate the entire population in five days but is being hampered by bureaucracy, a leading immunologist has claimed.

Sir John Bell, regius chair of medicine at the University of Oxford, said stubborn NHS bureaucrats were standing in the way of a high-speed mass inoculation programme that could prevent many further deaths.

The NHS has the theoretical capacity to immunise everybody in five days if they want to, but I don’t get the sense they are really motivated,” Bell told the Times.

The government should be reacting to Covid-19 as if to an enemy invading the country, Bell said, referencing Israel’s highly successful mass inoculations.

“People have rightly pointed to the Israelis, who have managed to immunise lots of people. You have to view it as if it were a war. The Israelis are good at getting on a war footing – everyone is waiting for the 2am call anyway. Here it is not clear whether it’s a national security issue, but it is.

Edited by Noctua
Edited to add: Sir John Bell is a member of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Scientific Advisory Committee. https://acmedsci.ac.uk/about/governance/academy-president/professor-sir-john-bell

12 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

Schoolteachers no more likely to catch Covid-19 when Sweden remained open during first lockdown, study finds

Only 19 in every 100,000 teachers suffered serious Covid-19 symptoms, researchers found

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/01/09/schoolteachersno-likely-catch-covid-19-sweden-remained-open/

UK teachers will be too busy acting like they've got the plague at the moment.

Edited by serpentine
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kestrel said:

I try educating work colleages about the dangers of experimental mRNA vaccine (told them they modify your DNA). One work colleague had one just because he wanted to fly to see his family, and the other said "Oh I'm getting the vaccine because I like being a ginny pig". Not very intelligent reasons. Lulz.

I asked the nurse at work if the PCR test was accurate: "Oh yes, she replied, but as of next week we will be using a different test that gives results in 30 minutes". I then asked he if the 30 minute test is as accurate as the PCR swab test that needs to be sent away to a lab. She then replied, well, the 30 minute test is not as accurate as the PCR swab test.

So to summarise they use the PCR test which doesn't test for a virus or a disease, then they switch to another type of test which is even less accurate. These people don't have a clue, they are just repeaters of information.

Around 28 years ago 2 blokes from South Africa told me in work they would be vaccinating us with a chip in the future. I laughed at them but I was very young and living in a time when finding true info was very hard to source unless pointed towards it with books. It took me a few years to see what they told me unfold. They was heavily religous people and put them down as nut jobs at the time. How I would love to see those blokes today and say sorry for laughing.

My point is that some people have a long way to go still and some simply never will. You just can't wake the dead.

• Like 4

As predicted, because of lockdown, domestic abuse appears to be getting worse.

The family court have seen a huge increase in domestic abuse remedy orders as per the table below. I don't think this huge rise in applications can be put down to increased awareness of orders - the 2020 increase is surely too vast for that?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/family-court-statistics-quarterly-july-to-september-2020/family-court-statistics-quarterly-july-to-september-2020

image.jpeg.f2e8b3e5e6def583a6e83c875bf1b12e.jpeg

The ONS page shows an increase for demand in domestic abuse services with calls to national Refuge Helpline increasing from 270 per day before lockdown to 444 on average per day between April and June 2020, along with a 700% increase in the number of visits to its Helpline website (from 26,320 to 210,620).

Mankind also dealt with a 32% increase in calls to its Helpline during the height of the pandemic. And Victim Support have been handling far more cases than usual after the restrictions of the first lockdown were lifted.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/articles/domesticabuseduringthecoronaviruscovid19pandemicenglandandwales/november2020

image.png.5e73f0efb44eb32e8cf4e0f933856c9b.png

image.png.a71ac07891b3e4777cf5d929443b0ec8.png

The Met are also reporting an increase in the number of calls to domestic incidents. The gap between 2019 and 2020 is, in my view, very pronounced and concerning.

image.png.122225dac2008b8df6e009344575f8e7.png

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Africa's population is set to double by 2050, but they don't consume as much as us westerners

yeah but think about the irony of the situation....

its the corporations that have pushed the ideology of consumer-ism in the west. It is the corporations that have created the aspirant lifestyle portrayed endlessly on television with programmes on house improvements, cars, clothes, holidays and all the things that the corporations are trying to sell westeners all the time

Think about the marketing and advertising industry that bombards westeners with images of beautiful young people with perfect teeth and hair aiming to make the viewer feel insecure about their own life so that they feel they have to buy things to try and look the part and fit into consumerist, corporate lifestyle. They seek to make people confuse their wants with their needs.

People like bill gates and jeff bezos are part of that oligarchic elite that has been pushing consumerism onto the western public and the narcissism and insecurity that come as part of the package, then those very same high priests of consumerism have the gall to turn around and accuse the public of burning up resources!

I open some foods and think 'does this need all this packaging' and i try and recycle what i can but its relentless because the corporations are making money all the way down the line on both the products and the packaging for example the plastic is made from oil and the oligarchs own the oil companies. They have created the hungry western, corporate, consumerist beast that they now say they will save us from

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Staeld said:

Yes that's my theory as well. I'm wondering how long it is before people who have taken the Covid vaccine end up in hospital with the virus. Maybe it's happening already although I'm sure they will keep that information quiet.

yes there are reports of people getting sick already from the covid jabs and of course this will be hidden by the government who will simply say that the deaths are due to the mutated strain of covid

The big pharma corporations make the vaccines and sell them to the corrupt governments who use taxpayers money to buy them, the politicians make money from their investments in those companies and are given jobs and speaking circuits from them after their political careers (and no doubt brown envelopes under the table whilst they are politicians) and the politicians then use taxpayers money to give advertising revenue to the newspapers so that the newspapers then push the vaccines onto the public along with the fear mongering

So they are all scratching each others backs at the expense of the public; its a sort of triangular trade. The NHS too are part of the cosy arrangement as the managers are highly paid to do poor acquisition so that lots of public money is spent on big pharma products which the doctors are then paid well to foist onto the public

No one is looking out for the interests of the public though

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Noctua said:

Lots of 'war talk' here 🙁

The NHS could vaccinate the entire population in five days but is being hampered by bureaucracy, a leading immunologist has claimed.

Sir John Bell, regius chair of medicine at the University of Oxford, said stubborn NHS bureaucrats were standing in the way of a high-speed mass inoculation programme that could prevent many further deaths.

The NHS has the theoretical capacity to immunise everybody in five days if they want to, but I don’t get the sense they are really motivated,” Bell told the Times.

The government should be reacting to Covid-19 as if to an enemy invading the country, Bell said, referencing Israel’s highly successful mass inoculations.

“People have rightly pointed to the Israelis, who have managed to immunise lots of people. You have to view it as if it were a war. The Israelis are good at getting on a war footing – everyone is waiting for the 2am call anyway. Here it is not clear whether it’s a national security issue, but it is.

Sir John Bell is the spook who said the vaccine won't "completely" sterilize the whole population, only 60%-70%.

http://www.renegadetribune.com/sir-john-bell-says-vaccines-unlikely-to-completely-sterilize-a-population/

Edited by Velma
  • Like 1

Just now, Velma said:

Sir John Bell is the spook who said the vaccine won't "completely" sterilize the whole population, only 60%-70%.

http://www.renegadetribune.com/sir-john-bell-says-vaccines-unlikely-to-completely-sterilize-a-population/

No he never said that ... He was referring to the efficacy of the vaccine , how well it would work ...To "sterilize" is to render free from viruses and bacteria. Surgical instruments are sterilized in an autoclave . So he was using the word in this context , that 60% of those who take the vaccine will be made free from the virus..

This is NOT about sterilizing the population , they are going for a much quicker kill than that!   

• Like 1

• lake locked this topic
  • lake unlocked this topic
  • Beaujangles featured this topic