Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

2 hours ago, skitzorat said:

COVID-19 survivors reportedly experiencing ‘disgusting’ smell of fish or burnt toast

The narrative really is running short of new and stupid ideas, isn't it. I thought the 'randomly makes your teeth fall out' one was stupefying enough, but obviously I was wrong.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/27/covid-19-survivors-experiencing-smells-of-fish-burnt-toast/?sr_share=facebook&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPFacebook&fbclid=IwAR2Uf0CgU84NCV-4DyjSD6STygwMMVxysfwudwAilZUiueYZpv26qSTo

For months my partner says she she can smell rotten eggs, everything smells like rotten eggs.

3 minutes ago, Sexpistol50 said:

Listen I don't believe in the Coronavirus shit , Im only saying what my partner is saying and I have lived with her for over 20 years , she is awake in many ways and I believe her why would she lie to me? 

Why mock me ? 

I think that was just a joke! 

We need some light-hearted conversation in between all this negativity.

Have you investigated this? 

Smelling eggs can be a sign of a gas leak...

But if it's all the time, it could be something else. 

Not every symptom will be covid. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allymisfit said:

I'm sorry but right now I don't have a sense of humour, it's easy to joke but my life right now is not funny and I'm sure I speak for millions,

I have lived through the Thatcher years and believe me it's gonna get worse , it's not funny , it's a living nightmare and it will get worse .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, allymisfit said:

I'm a Gas engineer by trade and my expert advice is it could be an egg that has slipped down the back of the kitchen cabinet and rotted. I have been known to be wrong in the past though.

11 minutes ago, allymisfit said:

1 minute ago, Sexpistol50 said:

I'm sorry but right now I don't have a sense of humour, it's easy to joke but my life right now is not funny and I'm sure I speak for millions,

I have lived through the Thatcher years and believe me it's gonna get worse , it's not funny , it's a living nightmare and it will get worse .

I know, but if I focus on the negative all the time, I'll go through another mental breakdown and I certainly cannot afford to go through another one of those again.

I hold a lot of optimism with all of this. I have my reasons deep inside for that. But I do.

• Like 3

Laughter is very important and none more than in the darkest hour. We must not ever let it slip if we can. It is our greatest weapon alongside love. So Fu£k them and laugh along the way as much as you can.

I have had a real tough time the last week. It's a rollercoaster we are all on. Up and down like yo yo. The laughter is a great healer and should NEVER be deemed as bad. That's my opinion anyway.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Sexpistol50 said:

All  our lives are a nightmare at the moment and we all know its going to get even worse but it doesn't mean you have to stop laughing.

Had I known you were that sensitive I wouldn't have made the crack.

I'll  know better in future.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Brad the lad said:

I'm a Gas engineer by trade and my expert advice is it could be an egg that has slipped down the back of the kitchen cabinet and rotted. I have been known to be wrong in the past though.

Fish tanks also smell like rotten eggs when the water needs changing.

Then again, so do my pants.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Another thing that really struck me was footage showing smiling American girls burning Beatle records. This shows how ideas can very rapidly lead to social hysteria. All Lennon said was Jesus was OK but "the disciples got it all wrong". It then all just blew up. Watching the crowds burning records, you can see how mass hysteria works. Also the actual gigs were something to see. Women screaming and sobbing in hysteria. What makes people just go crazy? In Hamburg fans just booed The Quarrymen but by 1963 women were fainting. Point: Covid is a new global "thing" and a product of insecurity. To oppose Covid is to risk having your albums burnt and public anger. There has always been hysteria. Masses of people together are very easily influenced or brainwashed. Actual Eastern cults used isolation, indoctrination and fear perhaps. Fear of hell. In our case fear of some awesome virus that is after us and we need salvation. And so on.

• Like 1