Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

As a precursor to Boris' briefing later...

In a move which will surely infuriate many people (as well as posing questions of lawful validity) Costco have tightened their rules on face coverings judging that everyone who is “exempt” must now wear a face visor.

This raises a number of questions, the main one being the breach of the Shops Discrimination Act and there’s a discussion to be had on that but I think this means two things:

1.       Other supermarkets will follow suit very swiftly on Government recommendations, most likely announced today in a “special” COVID briefing (very convenient just as everyone has all but finished their Christmas shopping)

2.       THEY ARE LOSING THE NARRATIVE and need tighter measures to ramp up the fear on the back of this mutant COVID strain nonsense.

I can back the second point up with evidence: I was in my local Costco warehouse last night  and was first told on the door that I wouldn’t be allowed in without a face covering from the 23rd December even if I had a lanyard, also there were possibly a dozen people in there unmasked which was great to see.

I believe the government are going to take things to a new level over the coming week – and will use the Christmas holiday to impose as many draconian impositions as they can while they’ve got the chance.

RESIST PEOPLE – IF WE DON’T PUSH BACK NOW WE’VE HAD IT.

COVID19 - Costco Face covering requirements.jpg

Edited by HAARPING_On
spelling

Tier 5: No socializing with members of the same household. Each member of the same household to be confined to a different room. Masks must be worn at all times. Toilet use is not allowed and adult nappies to be worn to stop the spread of Covid-19. Oh, and consumption of meat is not allowed either (coz Klaus Schwab knows whats best for you, you little shit.).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mr H said:

I'm also actually surprised by the lack of push back over recent government actions - seems to be swallowed and accepted. Bit worrying now..........thought this might have triggered a response.

People to busy Christmas shopping and making arrangements... they know this and that's why all these announcements are coming now, "You can have Christmas but it's going to be a whole different ball game once it's over..." 

Fascism, Torture, Totalitarianism - call it what you want it all amounts to the same thing - meanwhile politicians and their families do what they want behind closed doors...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Golden Retriever said:

As pointed out before, no gloves worn by medic for Netanyahu which is not standard practice

not all people notice the same things  

Did "they" forget to add gloves into the script

perhaps the script writers have short term memory loss problems 

or

if they had been wearing gloves how would this impact the credibility of the video

Edited by oneantisworthtenofyou

1 hour ago, FrankVitali said:

Tier 5: No socializing with members of the same household. Each member of the same household to be confined to a different room. Masks must be worn at all times. Toilet use is not allowed and adult nappies to be worn to stop the spread of Covid-19. Oh, and consumption of meat is not allowed either (coz Klaus Schwab knows whats best for you, you little shit.).

If that does not flatten the curve, then Tier 6 will.

550px-U-GS-FT-01.jpg.9f1a91505548836de95697387c686650.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, wingwang said:

Eryka Badu on conflicting nostrils...

People shouldn't be getting tested.  Certainly not people who have no symptoms.  Just adding fuel to the fire.

1 hour ago, Mr H said:

I'm also actually surprised by the lack of push back over recent government actions - seems to be swallowed and accepted. Bit worrying now..........thought this might have triggered a response.

It's very worrying.  Am hoping it's just temporary due to holiday season, distraction with Christmas, being fuloughed, so paid to sit at home.  Or it's a media blackout and there are push-backs happening.

Once this week is over the January blues are going to hit like a freight train.  We are experiencing quite the perfect storm at the moment, and I am very glad I don't live in Dover right now.

Trigger warning, haha, this is from Tony Blair...The whole article is as sickening as you would expect, but this little gem stood out...

We must capture every test taken, every vaccine administered and every drug received in one single record.

Prepare for a form of health passport now. I know all the objections, but it will happen.

It’s the only way the world will function and for lockdowns to no longer be the sole course of action.

We are in a race against time – we must change our vaccine policy now | The Independent

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Noctua said:

People shouldn't be getting tested.  Certainly not people who have no symptoms.  Just adding fuel to the fire.

It's very worrying.  Am hoping it's just temporary due to holiday season, distraction with Christmas, being fuloughed, so paid to sit at home.  Or it's a media blackout and there are push-backs happening.

Once this week is over the January blues are going to hit like a freight train.  We are experiencing quite the perfect storm at the moment, and I am very glad I don't live in Dover right now.

I think if you ask the average person, no matter what they believe, most people are absolutely sick to the back teeth of the whole situation and just want to forget it for a couple of days and spend some quality time with their family.

I’ve absolutely no doubt the government will use this to blame the population for any measures they take between now, the New Year and beyond.

Incredibly dangerous and sinister stuff.

And like they're saying loads more people in hospital now - which I don't really believe.

But how do they know for example, lets just say it's true, that these hospitalizations aren't because of things like wearing a mask all day long? I mean surely this is going to increase the numbers going in with breathing and cold like conditions because the masks aren't gonna do your breathing any good - and they are a breeding ground for bacteria - so I would assume if there is a sharp increase in people wearing masks, you will see an increase in people getting ill.

Nothing really said about this, and we're encouraged, almost forced to wear them! 

I mean this is real head fuck territory really....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrankVitali said:

I'm laughing at this now, but give it a couple of weeks and I won't be surprised anymore 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr H said:

And like they're saying loads more people in hospital now - which I don't really believe.

But how do they know for example, lets just say it's true, that these hospitalizations aren't because of things like wearing a mask all day long? I mean surely this is going to increase the numbers going in with breathing and cold like conditions because the masks aren't gonna do your breathing any good - and they are a breeding ground for bacteria - so I would assume if there is a sharp increase in people wearing masks, you will see an increase in people getting ill.

Nothing really said about this, and we're encouraged, almost forced to wear them! 

I mean this is real head fuck territory really....

All these hypochondriac Karen's will be running to the hospital with the fake PCR test results any time they get a cold or cough, thinking they are about to die and in full panic mode. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SimonTV said:

All these hypochondriac Karen's will be running to the hospital with the fake PCR test results any time they get a cold or cough, thinking they are about to die and in full panic mode. 

Yeah I think so. My landlord tested positive for it, wasn't ill at the time, then became ill after testing positive for it!! I went to see her when she was self-isolating - little while ago - I'm still here!

How many over exagerrated cold and flu cases there are god only knows!

5 hours ago, Golden Retriever said:

Out of likes .....  this will go viral hopefully.

News like this helps to sway the opinion of those in the middle ground of COVID opinion, who see again and again the hypocrisy of politicos, advisors, celebrities who implement the laws and/or lecture to death people on mask wearing, rule of 6, lockdown rules etc., but break the rules.  The hard core Covidians will either excuse Nicola Sturgeon or demand less lockdown  excemptions to prevent mistakes, like 24/7 mask wearing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noctua said:

Trigger warning, haha, this is from Tony Blair...The whole article is as sickening as you would expect, but this little gem stood out...

We are in a race against time – we must change our vaccine policy now | The Independent

Has Tony just got a cheque in the post from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation?