Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

41 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Earlier this week we suggested the best way to counter vaccine fears and conspiracies was with creative-minded solutions, not authoritarian-sounding declarations about compulsory vaccination programmes. 

There were three main alternative strategies we offered.

One: Bigging up messaging that highlighted the public duty of getting vaccinated, something we believe would work wonders with all those inclined to signal their virtuous acts loudly across social media.

Two: Getting high-profile celebrities, officials and leaders to take the vaccine first so as to drum up public confidence in its safety. This would be akin to a “skin in the game” strategy and would be especially effective with the conspiracy-inclined if it featured those who have become central figures in conspiracy narratives such as Bill Gates, The Queen, Joe Biden etc etc. 

Three: Launching counter-conspiracies that would challenge the accepted conspiratorial view that it’s the vaccine that should not be trusted rather than the virus itself. Like the idea that the vaccine is actually here to save us from Alien colonisation. 

It didn’t take long for the system to provide.

In a weird on-air rendition of the game of chicken, Piers Morgan started the ball rolling on Wednesday when he challenged Matt Hancock, the UK health secretary, to take the vaccine live on air with him if it helped to reassure the public about its safety. Hancock agreed, providing the act was approved since Morgan didn’t qualify as priority case, being a healthy middle-aged man.

Nicola Sturgeon has now supposedly followed suit, promising to also join in with the live spectacle and Boris Johnson might too, according to the Daily Mail. 

On the same day, the Washington Post’s Alyssa Rosenberg argued that Biden and Harris should get vaccinated live on TV too, saying:

Biden and Harris can use their inoculations to take the public inside the vaccine development and delivery process and, in doing so, build confidence in an unprecedented scientific accomplishment. Such a concrete demonstration of the vaccines could also help Americans recommit to the public health measures that will be a bridge between our current disaster and the new normal we all hope will be here soon.

Soon after that former US president Barack Obama’s declared that he would be happy to take the vaccine publicly too. And he is now also being joined by former presidents George Bush and Bill Clinton.

o the big question now is: will this sort of thing actually reassure the public? A Gallup poll earlier in November had found 42 per cent of Americans had doubts about the vaccine. 

The initial feedback from the doubters is “no it won’t”, because “how do we know they’re not getting a placebo”?

Our own preferred control for this vulnerability (at least in the dystopian world of 2020) is of course enlisting well-known conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones and David Icke to pick out the samples to be used from batches which would otherwise be destined for general public consumption. The delivery and administration of the sample should then be supervised by 12 honest individuals picked at random from among the public in a similar way juries are constructed. 

What’s not to like? 

Not much. Apart from . . . one small thing: the clear and present danger that any overly successful adoption by the rich and privileged leads the conspiracy minded to conclude that was actually the plan all along.

That is to say they begin to believe their fears were intentionally cultivated so as to ensure the vaccine could and would be harmoniously distributed to the rich and the privileged first. 

Yep, there’s no end to the potential game theoretical strategising. We assume 2020 will be enough to keep behavioural economists busy for many decades

Lmfao my sides!! They really do not understand us at all! The great extent of their professional think tanking is "hey, let's double down on our propaganda to people who have become immune to our propaganda!"

1. We're not the group that likes to virtue signal across social media (and many of us are banned anyway).

2. We don't trust "high profile celebrities" or hold them in any regard or put any merit in what they do or say.

3. "Launching counter conspiracies", so they admit to lying to the very people who suspect (know) they are being lied to, and who do not trust them in the first place.

Idiotic isn't the word for it! All we want is truth and decency. The very things they are inherently incapable of.

• Like 6

The COVID Finder General for Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon is caught breaking Scottish CV law by not wearing a face covering in a pub when not seated.

NICOLA Sturgeon breaks her own Covid law by chatting to pensioners in a pub without wearing a face mask.

The First Minister apologised over the embarrassing blunder at a funeral wake.

Ms Sturgeon — who repeated rules on covering up during a parly speech today — said of her gaffe in Edinburgh: “This was a stupid mistake and I’m really sorry.”

The First Minister admitted she was "kicking herself" and said she was “in the wrong” and had no excuses after breaching her own Covid rules.

Under a law passed by SNP ministers, customers in hospitality settings must cover up unless seated at a table.

After we flagged up the snap to the Scottish Government, Ms Sturgeon said: “Last Friday, while attending a funeral wake, I had my mask off briefly. This was a stupid mistake and I’m really sorry.

“I talk every day about the importance of masks, so I’m not going to offer any exc­uses. I was in the wrong, I’m kicking myself and I’m sorry.”

The photograph showing Ms Sturgeon leaning on the back of a chair with her left hand was taken at the Stable Bar and Restaurant.

sturgeon-watermark.png?strip=all&w=956

Full story at https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/6442097/nicola-sturgeon-sorry-mask-covid-breach/

Edited by Orange Alert
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Orange Alert said:

The COVID Finder General for Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon is caught breaking Scottish CV law by not wearing a face covering in a pub when not seated.

NICOLA Sturgeon breaks her own Covid law by chatting to pensioners in a pub without wearing a face mask.

The First Minister apologised over the embarrassing blunder at a funeral wake.

Ms Sturgeon — who repeated rules on covering up during a parly speech today — said of her gaffe in Edinburgh: “This was a stupid mistake and I’m really sorry.”

The First Minister admitted she was "kicking herself" and said she was “in the wrong” and had no excuses after breaching her own Covid rules.

Under a law passed by SNP ministers, customers in hospitality settings must cover up unless seated at a table.

After we flagged up the snap to the Scottish Government, Ms Sturgeon said: “Last Friday, while attending a funeral wake, I had my mask off briefly. This was a stupid mistake and I’m really sorry.

“I talk every day about the importance of masks, so I’m not going to offer any exc­uses. I was in the wrong, I’m kicking myself and I’m sorry.”

The photograph showing Ms Sturgeon leaning on the back of a chair with her left hand was taken at the Stable Bar and Restaurant.

sturgeon-watermark.png?strip=all&w=956

Full story at https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/6442097/nicola-sturgeon-sorry-mask-covid-breach/

Out of likes .....  this will go viral hopefully.

• Like 1

Tesco..........always the first :classic_rolleyes:

Tesco tells shoppers they can only make three purchases of eggs, rice, soap and toilet roll amid fears that food shortages will run until after Christmas

Delays at the Port of Dover and stricter Covid measures spark panic buying fears

Tesco maintains it has 'good availability' of fresh products imported from France 

Restrictions in place for flour, pasta, toilet roll, baby wipes and anti-bac wipes

As a precursor to Boris' briefing later...

In a move which will surely infuriate many people (as well as posing questions of lawful validity) Costco have tightened their rules on face coverings judging that everyone who is “exempt” must now wear a face visor.

This raises a number of questions, the main one being the breach of the Shops Discrimination Act and there’s a discussion to be had on that but I think this means two things:

1.       Other supermarkets will follow suit very swiftly on Government recommendations, most likely announced today in a “special” COVID briefing (very convenient just as everyone has all but finished their Christmas shopping)

2.       THEY ARE LOSING THE NARRATIVE and need tighter measures to ramp up the fear on the back of this mutant COVID strain nonsense.

I can back the second point up with evidence: I was in my local Costco warehouse last night  and was first told on the door that I wouldn’t be allowed in without a face covering from the 23rd December even if I had a lanyard, also there were possibly a dozen people in there unmasked which was great to see.

I believe the government are going to take things to a new level over the coming week – and will use the Christmas holiday to impose as many draconian impositions as they can while they’ve got the chance.

RESIST PEOPLE – IF WE DON’T PUSH BACK NOW WE’VE HAD IT.

COVID19 - Costco Face covering requirements.jpg

Edited by HAARPING_On
spelling

Tier 5: No socializing with members of the same household. Each member of the same household to be confined to a different room. Masks must be worn at all times. Toilet use is not allowed and adult nappies to be worn to stop the spread of Covid-19. Oh, and consumption of meat is not allowed either (coz Klaus Schwab knows whats best for you, you little shit.).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mr H said:

I'm also actually surprised by the lack of push back over recent government actions - seems to be swallowed and accepted. Bit worrying now..........thought this might have triggered a response.

People to busy Christmas shopping and making arrangements... they know this and that's why all these announcements are coming now, "You can have Christmas but it's going to be a whole different ball game once it's over..." 

Fascism, Torture, Totalitarianism - call it what you want it all amounts to the same thing - meanwhile politicians and their families do what they want behind closed doors...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Golden Retriever said:

As pointed out before, no gloves worn by medic for Netanyahu which is not standard practice

not all people notice the same things  

Did "they" forget to add gloves into the script

perhaps the script writers have short term memory loss problems 

or

if they had been wearing gloves how would this impact the credibility of the video

Edited by oneantisworthtenofyou

1 hour ago, FrankVitali said:

Tier 5: No socializing with members of the same household. Each member of the same household to be confined to a different room. Masks must be worn at all times. Toilet use is not allowed and adult nappies to be worn to stop the spread of Covid-19. Oh, and consumption of meat is not allowed either (coz Klaus Schwab knows whats best for you, you little shit.).

If that does not flatten the curve, then Tier 6 will.

550px-U-GS-FT-01.jpg.9f1a91505548836de95697387c686650.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, wingwang said:

Eryka Badu on conflicting nostrils...

People shouldn't be getting tested.  Certainly not people who have no symptoms.  Just adding fuel to the fire.

1 hour ago, Mr H said:

I'm also actually surprised by the lack of push back over recent government actions - seems to be swallowed and accepted. Bit worrying now..........thought this might have triggered a response.

It's very worrying.  Am hoping it's just temporary due to holiday season, distraction with Christmas, being fuloughed, so paid to sit at home.  Or it's a media blackout and there are push-backs happening.

Once this week is over the January blues are going to hit like a freight train.  We are experiencing quite the perfect storm at the moment, and I am very glad I don't live in Dover right now.

Trigger warning, haha, this is from Tony Blair...The whole article is as sickening as you would expect, but this little gem stood out...

We must capture every test taken, every vaccine administered and every drug received in one single record.

Prepare for a form of health passport now. I know all the objections, but it will happen.

It’s the only way the world will function and for lockdowns to no longer be the sole course of action.

We are in a race against time – we must change our vaccine policy now | The Independent

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Noctua said:

People shouldn't be getting tested.  Certainly not people who have no symptoms.  Just adding fuel to the fire.

It's very worrying.  Am hoping it's just temporary due to holiday season, distraction with Christmas, being fuloughed, so paid to sit at home.  Or it's a media blackout and there are push-backs happening.

Once this week is over the January blues are going to hit like a freight train.  We are experiencing quite the perfect storm at the moment, and I am very glad I don't live in Dover right now.

I think if you ask the average person, no matter what they believe, most people are absolutely sick to the back teeth of the whole situation and just want to forget it for a couple of days and spend some quality time with their family.

I’ve absolutely no doubt the government will use this to blame the population for any measures they take between now, the New Year and beyond.

Incredibly dangerous and sinister stuff.

And like they're saying loads more people in hospital now - which I don't really believe.

But how do they know for example, lets just say it's true, that these hospitalizations aren't because of things like wearing a mask all day long? I mean surely this is going to increase the numbers going in with breathing and cold like conditions because the masks aren't gonna do your breathing any good - and they are a breeding ground for bacteria - so I would assume if there is a sharp increase in people wearing masks, you will see an increase in people getting ill.

Nothing really said about this, and we're encouraged, almost forced to wear them! 

I mean this is real head fuck territory really....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrankVitali said:

I'm laughing at this now, but give it a couple of weeks and I won't be surprised anymore 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr H said:

And like they're saying loads more people in hospital now - which I don't really believe.

But how do they know for example, lets just say it's true, that these hospitalizations aren't because of things like wearing a mask all day long? I mean surely this is going to increase the numbers going in with breathing and cold like conditions because the masks aren't gonna do your breathing any good - and they are a breeding ground for bacteria - so I would assume if there is a sharp increase in people wearing masks, you will see an increase in people getting ill.

Nothing really said about this, and we're encouraged, almost forced to wear them! 

I mean this is real head fuck territory really....

All these hypochondriac Karen's will be running to the hospital with the fake PCR test results any time they get a cold or cough, thinking they are about to die and in full panic mode. 

• Like 1

• lake locked this topic
  • lake unlocked this topic
  • Beaujangles featured this topic