Jump to content

Coronavirus Mega-Thread.


numnuts
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Liberty said:

This is an interesting area. Could you start a separate thread on it with any material?  Lockdown effects cause increased risk of systemic problems from what I’ve already read. I thought it was more to do with isolation itself but from what you are saying it is more how one would cope with it or that impending feeling of doom either from a deadly virus from their view or a tyrannical government from ours.  Either way knowing more about coping mechanisms and understanding it would help. 

 

"Considering the damage inflicted by lockdown measures, including unemployment, poverty, delayed surgical procedures, delayed cancer diagnosis, neglected chronic disease, social isolation, and increased mental health burden and suicides, the Swedes could still fare better with their policy than more restrictive countries in the long run – while preserving the civil liberties of their citizens." https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/gp-opinion/was-the-swedish-approach-to-covid-19-really-a-mist

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New strain? It sounds like a mega medical term but "somatovegetative" nervous system means nervous reaction produces physical symptoms. Simple example, phobic stress = upset stomach. Headaches, palpitations, fever, acidic reactions can definitely be caused by anxiety. 

Here's where I disagree with modern medicine: Usually the approach used is based on biology but ignores neurology. Simple example: You have an upset stomach due to anxiety. You can choose to take a tablet and focus on the physical, biological symptoms. You can also choose to address the specific cause - a neurological condition. 

In the case of the covid vaccine, all research has been based on pure biology. Abnormal somatic processes visible in a lab. What little research is available on mass psychogenic hysteria has indeed been accepted as very valid by official medical organisations. Yet it was acknowledged with a shrug. 

My point: Treating just physical symptoms can cause the symptoms to morph and surface more aggressively. Behind the covid crisis I think lies a deeper, underlying cause because there is indeed mass hysteria. Of course I don't deny the reality of basic bacterial infection which exists but many neurologists in the USSR recorded an overlap. That is, many current diagnoses of covid may be psychosomatic and often just a strain of flu. In all cases panic is the worst possible approach.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DarianF said:

 

"Considering the damage inflicted by lockdown measures, including unemployment, poverty, delayed surgical procedures, delayed cancer diagnosis, neglected chronic disease, social isolation, and increased mental health burden and suicides, the Swedes could still fare better with their policy than more restrictive countries in the long run – while preserving the civil liberties of their citizens." https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/gp-opinion/was-the-swedish-approach-to-covid-19-really-a-mist

Everything they’ve done has been contrary to people’s health. The original slogans of  health v wealth winded me up. It’s well known the two go together. All the advice has been detrimental to health. I don’t know how some people can’t see it except for maybe there’s more but thinking they’re alone in their thoughts which is why it’s good to talk.  Now we also have months upon months of them doing the same thing over and over again and no better results whilst they lock places down,  lose business and them and their mates can do as they please. That’s one of the strongest arguments I think. The one rule for them and one rule for us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"A more recent example of mass hysteria also involved schools. In mid-November of 2012, strange flu-like symptoms struck a school in the country of Sri Lanka. In addition to intestinal problems and fits of coughing, some children (and a handful of teachers) experienced rashes and headaches. In the small town of Gampola alone, more than 1,000 people were admitted to local hospitals. The area experienced widespread panic as the mysterious illness seemed to spread to other schools and centers of population. No medical cause could be found and the "illness" vanished as quickly as it had appeared. Not finding any other explanation, medical professionals concluded that those afflicted had been the victims of some type of mass hysteria strong enough to produce observable physical symptoms. "

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Everything they’ve done has been contrary to people’s health. The original slogans of  health v wealth winded me up. It’s well known the two go together. All the advice has been detrimental to health. I don’t know how some people can’t see it except for maybe there’s more but thinking they’re alone in their thoughts which is why it’s good to talk.  Now we also have months upon months of them doing the same thing over and over again and no better results whilst they lock places down,  lose business and them and their mates can do as they please. That’s one of the strongest arguments I think. The one rule for them and one rule for us. 

 

From this...

 

 

To this...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"

American Institute for Economic Research
 
Menu
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
American Institute for Economic Research
 
 
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

When Do We Start Coming out of the Covid-19 Mass Hysteria?

– December 13, 2020Reading Time: 4 minutes
  1. AIER
  2.  >> 
  3. Daily Economy
  4.  
    >> 
hysteria-800x508.jpg

 

“Men . . . go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.” So wrote Scottish journalist Charles Mackay in his 1841 book Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds, which for good reason to this day remains in print.

The Covid-19 hysteria, scientifically called mass psychogenic illness, that began in March has yet to peak. And if some have it their way it will continue indefinitely, merely going, in medical terminology, from epidemic to endemic. That is, it will never fully go away no matter what. We apparently finally have some medicines that work with countless more being tested, doctors have gotten better at applying treatments, vaccines are being administered in what is by far record time, and yet the media and public health community onslaught shows absolutely no sign of abating. "

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Shining-one said:

New strain? It sounds like a mega medical term but "somatovegetative" nervous system means nervous reaction produces physical symptoms. Simple example, phobic stress = upset stomach. Headaches, palpitations, fever, acidic reactions can definitely be caused by anxiety. 

Here's where I disagree with modern medicine: Usually the approach used is based on biology but ignores neurology. Simple example: You have an upset stomach due to anxiety. You can choose to take a tablet and focus on the physical, biological symptoms. You can also choose to address the specific cause - a neurological condition. 

In the case of the covid vaccine, all research has been based on pure biology. Abnormal somatic processes visible in a lab. What little research is available on mass psychogenic hysteria has indeed been accepted as very valid by official medical organisations. Yet it was acknowledged with a shrug. 

My point: Treating just physical symptoms can cause the symptoms to morph and surface more aggressively. Behind the covid crisis I think lies a deeper, underlying cause because there is indeed mass hysteria. Of course I don't deny the reality of basic bacterial infection which exists but many neurologists in the USSR recorded an overlap. That is, many current diagnoses of covid may be psychosomatic and often just a strain of flu. In all cases panic is the worst possible approach.

I agree.  It is an interesting area. Anxieties cause inflammation which causes the symptoms. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heard on radio on way home from work, the death toll in the U.K has now reached 67,616. The infection rate in London is doubling every 6 days. All on 21/12---2+1+1+2=6. An awful lot of 6es about today. Also heard Johnson say we can look forward to a very different world in this country after Easter. Read into that what you will. To me that sounds very ominous. All on the darkest day of the year. Saturn and Jupiter in alignment. As D.I has said it's no accident Saturn sounds like Satan. And today is the day the ancients celebrated SATANalia.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Liberty said:

I agree.  It is an interesting area. Anxieties cause inflammation which causes the symptoms. 

My guess is there is an actual virus but we know symptoms can have biological or neurological cause. Or both! After some years now buried in neurology research, I tend to recognise anxiety when I see it. That is, the way people draw away from you, or fidget. Mostly I worry what damage it's doing to childrens' mental health. They are being taught to fear social contact. Likewise I see children in large groups chatting after school with no masks which shows you will never stop human beings interacting. I believe bacteria will always be part of life and impossible to eliminate. Governments can't police so many millions of people. We so need to develop our own immunity to bacteria which is why I oppose quick fix vaccines. After months of extremist, repressive measures governments so far can't boast of any actual success. They appear not to understand the most basic laws of science. Attempts to capitalise on mass fear amongst the public may well backfire. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Dropping little seeds of information is better than lots in one go too. People like to think they came to the conclusions themselves. No one likes to have views pushed onto them.   

 

Yes I've found that too, pick your battles and if you don't think someone is completely open just ask them if they don't find certain things a little bit strange and leave it at that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Macnamara said:

 

changing your self internally doesn't change the whole of the exterior reality

 

it needs enough people to change because we create this reality in aggregate

 

if we had enough people who understood the imperative of not giving away our personal freedoms like this the world would be a very different place

 

There is always a timeline switch in a multiverse. ;)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, banjo dog said:

Heard on radio on way home from work, the death toll in the U.K has now reached 67,616. The infection rate in London is doubling every 6 days. All on 21/12---2+1+1+2=6. An awful lot of 6es about today. Also heard Johnson say we can look forward to a very different world in this country after Easter. Read into that what you will. To me that sounds very ominous. All on the darkest day of the year. Saturn and Jupiter in alignment. As D.I has said it's no accident Saturn sounds like Satan. And today is the day the ancients celebrated SATANalia.


What treats do you think lie in store for us post Easter? Mandatory quarantine?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The state of affair this evening....

 

Dale Winton has been at it again. The game is ON! Has he been to your area?

All the veg has been cleared out!! Thin on pasta stock as well. Of course, I headed to the booze section first and that wasn't so bad. I know it's Christmas 'n' all but nobody is inviting anybody so where did all the veg go?

Usually it isn't like this till 23/24th.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Strangely, I noticed changes amongst birds locally. Tweeting in mass at 11.00 pm. Very odd. And then tweeting as normal at 4.00 am.

On a practical level, I'm concerned over banks. Been finding it hard to access accounts with endless demands for more and more I.D. I guess what bothers me is the possibility of access to banks being tied into vaccine certificates. I already prepared for possible employment or social welfare restrictions. Guess I'd rather over-react than end up in limbo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BridgeBuilder said:

The state of affair this evening....

 

Dale Winton has been at it again. The game is ON! Has he been to your area?

All the veg has been cleared out!! Thin on pasta stock as well. Of course, I headed to the booze section first and that wasn't so bad. I know it's Christmas 'n' all but nobody is inviting anybody so where did all the veg go?

Usually it isn't like this till 23/24th.

 

 

The thought of where did Dale Winton's cucumber go... 

 

Sorry, I'm getting all Carry On...!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • lake locked this topic
  • lake unlocked this topic
  • Beaujangles featured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...