Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

1 minute ago, Brad the lad said:

My point exactly. Who cares what they say?

It's all an act.....quite literally (The Corona virus act).

Lots of people still do care what they say. Lots have been following it to the letter. Some have not spent their last days with loved ones etc. And now it’s too late. So it’s a few less today. 

2 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Lots of people still do care what they say. Lots have been following it to the letter. Some have not spent their last days with loved ones etc. And now it’s too late. So it’s a few less today. 

Lot's of people read the Sun and watch the BBC for their info. Lot's of people don't know yet they have the power to be free.

Lot's of people are not even a "people" because they are a person (ie a state owned fiction). To be a people then you must be free in both mind and body. I agree that it's very sad for those trapped in the matrix but you can only control your own path in life whilst spreading love and hope for those caught in the trap.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Brad the lad said:

My point exactly. Who cares what they say?

It's all an act.....quite literally (The Corona virus act).

But but we have to stick together like we did in ww2! National prideee just put the mask on its only a mask. Millions have died from this. *sarcasm*

Some plonker said that in comments on YT yestetday. "I hope you catch the virus and pass it onto a family member and they die". There is your morals right there 😏

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just joined the site. Just a few words. I suspect this Covid crisis already appeared as far back as 2012 in Sri Lanka but has hardly been noticed in the press. Hundreds were taken to hospital with flu symptoms and doctors were baffled. It was finally put down to psychogenic hysteria. This latter term is poorly understood today but the astonishing fact is hysteria can be transmitted throughout communities with corresponding somatic or physical symptoms. Looking back in history, viruses have happened before, against a background of hysteria. Very many people I spoke to who had a Covid diagnosis, also showed clear symptoms of hyperchondria. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brad the lad said:

Lot's of people read the Sun and watch the BBC for their info. Lot's of people don't know yet they have the power to be free.

Lot's of people are not even a "people" because they are a person (ie a state owned fiction). To be a people then you must be free in both mind and body. I agree that it's very sad for those trapped in the matrix but you can only control your own path in life whilst spreading love and hope for those caught in the trap.

We shall see. But I think today could have been a good day for some people to start and say No.  There also is the concept that people may feel alone in what they are thinking and feeling about all this so find it difficult to talk but when they know there is someone else who thinks the same and they’re not alone then that in itself is liberating. In the beginning I felt that way and couldn’t talk about it much or when I did even to people I had known all my life they were still frightened of catching it. I was falling on deaf ears back then but not now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BridgeBuilder said:

What a day!

Boris has announced to enslave all Londoners and queue of Xmas shoppers grew so long that I am surprised people didn't start Do the Conga (now that this hideous hairstyle is back in fashion apparently). I guess you can't do that while anti-socially distancing.

In the meanwhile, the crash between pigs and protesters continued today.

Im so glad I haven't been to one of these yet as I would be the first one arrested for showing these pigs what I think of them.

1 hour ago, owen said:

Disgusted with the bastards, my bro is undergoing cancer treatment in London, was due to come back to Ireland for Xmas, very hard for my folks. I have been telling my Dad for ages whats really going on, doesnt really want to listen. Hes 88, says he has his own health issues and worries about my bro to contend with. I dont think this will make him listen any more though.

You can still travel for medical reasons, work, education, youth services, or to join your support bubble.

In other words, if you need to be somewhere, just go!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shining-one said:

Just joined the site. Just a few words. I suspect this Covid crisis already appeared as far back as 2012 in Sri Lanka but has hardly been noticed in the press. Hundreds were taken to hospital with flu symptoms and doctors were baffled. It was finally put down to psychogenic hysteria. This latter term is poorly understood today but the astonishing fact is hysteria can be transmitted throughout communities with corresponding somatic or physical symptoms. Looking back in history, viruses have happened before, against a background of hysteria. Very many people I spoke to who had a Covid diagnosis, also showed clear symptoms of hyperchondria. 

I read a bit the Salem witch trials years ago and it reminded me of that. Never thought that could happen in the 21st century. It’s been an eye opener. 

My god, we just escalated today.  The propaganda being spewed just make me think the lady doth protest too much. 

It reeks of desperation!

What are they panicking about?  Something is definitely afoot and I think it has them running scared.

Oddly enough, for the first time in months, I feel positive.  This huge push is a huge mistake.  Its an overstep.  Hopefully over a cliff.

And as for the the term tiers...

2 hours ago, Beaujangles said:

Its a play on tears no doubt.  Hoping everyone is as tear full and depressed as fack. The 'lock down' is clearly a nod to asylums and the 'lock' of water to hold the vessel. They dont choose these terms randomly I'm sure.

The levels in the risk hierarchy of control measures are, in order of decreasing effectiveness:

• Elimination
  • Substitution
  • Engineering controls
  • Administrative controls
  • Personal protective equipment

Hierarchy of Control - 5 Key Pillars to Eliminate Risk (safeti.com)

Just to add: The 15th century witch mania, to my mind, offers a very clear historical warning. The witch obsession and mass hysteria appears to have been started by the sudden appearance of physical illness amongst populations. Probable poor levels of social education provided fertile ground for paranoia. Witchcraft was cited as the cause. As time passed, those of us who appeared socially remote were accused of witchcraft. All over Europe. Now, leap to 2020. I believe there's a likely probability, anti vaxxers will provide a fresh target. Many of these are merely caring parents who strongly oppose the State dictating their children should be vaccinated (where they fear a risk). Moreover, so far, my current research suggests we can't rule out social restrictions imposed upon those who oppose vaccination.

As to wearing insignia, I'm sorry but this makes me think of Roman Polanski's "Pianist" film where Jewish people were told to wear star of David armbands. Frankly, I'm amazed that the European Social Charter seems to have no weight behind it? 

So far there is no overt obligatory vaccination in the UK but I guess I prefer to prepare for changes.

• Like 2

Coming soon to a town near you...

In the early hours of Feb. 7, China’s powerful internet censors experienced an unfamiliar and deeply unsettling sensation. They felt they were losing control.

The news was spreading quickly that Li Wenliang, a doctor who had warned about a strange new viral outbreak only to be threatened by the police and accused of peddling rumors, had died of Covid-19. Grief and fury coursed through social media. To people at home and abroad, Dr. Li’s death showed the terrible cost of the Chinese government’s instinct to suppress inconvenient information.

Yet China’s censors decided to double down. Warning of the “unprecedented challenge” Dr. Li’s passing had posed and the “butterfly effect” it may have set off, officials got to work suppressing the inconvenient news and reclaiming the narrative, according to confidential directives sent to local propaganda workers and news outlets.

They ordered news websites not to issue push notifications alerting readers to his death. They told social platforms to gradually remove his name from trending topics pages. And they activated legions of fake online commenters to flood social sites with distracting chatter, stressing the need for discretion: “As commenters fight to guide public opinion, they must conceal their identity, avoid crude patriotism and sarcastic praise, and be sleek and silent in achieving results.”

No ‘Negative’ News: How China Censored the Coronavirus – DNyuz

7 minutes ago, Noctua said:

They ordered news websites not to issue push notifications alerting readers to his death. They told social platforms to gradually remove his name from trending topics pages. And they activated legions of fake online commenters to flood social sites with distracting chatter, stressing the need for discretion: “As commenters fight to guide public opinion, they must conceal their identity, avoid crude patriotism and sarcastic praise, and be sleek and silent in achieving results.”

No ‘Negative’ News: How China Censored the Coronavirus – DNyuz

They'll probably just shut down the internet for a while rather than censor. In that way they can kill plenty of birds with one stone, especially if they have something big planned, as was mentioned a bit earlier in the thread.

Changing tack, since this 'new' 'strain' was first mentioned a few days ago I keep hearing on the news that hospitals have started to become inundated with patients. It's strange these reports aren't accompanied by any visual evidence, as it wouldn't be difficult to send a TV crew to the nearest swamped wards. Funny how they have plenty of cameras available to record the pantomime of politicians and actors being 'vaccinated' across the world, but none to actually record hospitals bursting at the seams under the strain of patients with 'Super-Covid'. Watch this space . . . 

• Like 1

You know, I'm close to joining the Ziggy faction. I spent so many hours educating myself and trying to wake up others and I still feel the majority is in complete brain lockdown and continuously hypnotized by MSM propaganda. The other day I got mobbed at the supermarket by other customers when they realized I was a maskless heretic. A guy yelled at me "idiot, because of morons like you we have to go through this shit". I had some sympathy for him and his psychosis but actually I was like go get your shot and die or become an android vegetable or whatever.

It's just that I have no desire to live in Satan Klaus' post-reset society so I feel compelled to continue fighting in some way or other. 

I would be very grateful if members would THUMBS DOWN this outrageous Guardian piece

indoctrinating children worldwide about the effing vaccine.😡

One comment fighting back

"Santa died from the vaccine.. That is why you didn't get what you wanted for Christmas.. 🤣🤣🤣"

Edited by Golden Retriever

Whole populations are being imprisoned, not only in their immediate locality, but in their own homes. Enforced solitary confinement. Although you can meet one other person, outdoors in a park, in the rain, but there is nowhere to go. Nothing is open, no cafe's, restaurants, pubs, gyms, cinemas, sports centers, hairdressers....The state has cancelled all activity, civilization itself is grinding to a halt.

Who gave them the right to wield this authoritarian control over our entire country, to hold us hostage, until we submit? What evidence have they provided to back this claim of a “mutant strain” of a virus, twice as contagious as it's predecessor? Do we just have to accept their word for it? Who discovered it, how did it mutate, why in the South East of England, didn't the lockdowns work?

The Scottish government is in lockstep, however they advise us that if you are meeting in someone's garden, you can actually go inside if you need to use the toilet, but should wipe down surfaces you touch with antibacterial wipes and use only freshly laundered or paper towels. Also, remember to wipe your arse and flush the toilet with the lid down. Don't forget to finish up with hand sanitiser!

Edited by Velma
  • Like 7

FFS

Could Beyoncé do for the coronavirus vaccine what Elvis did for polio?

John Woodrow CoxThe Washington Post
Dec. 19, 2020Updated: Dec. 19, 2020 11:24 a.m.

Beyoncé could help, it's been suggested, as could Tom Hanks or The Rock. Or maybe an athlete instead. Serena Williams, perhaps, or even Michael Jordan?

As millions of Americans continue to express reluctance or outright refusal to get vaccinated against the coronavirus, the country's political and public-health leaders are pondering a question critical to ending the pandemic: Who can change their minds?

In 1956, a huge number of teenagers were refusing or neglecting to get the polio vaccine developed by Jonas Salk. So the March of Dimes recruited Elvis Presley, then 21 years old, to help. He agreed, smiling as he received an injection during a photo shoot just before he played "Hound Dog" on the "Ed Sullivan Show."

This is not a new strategy, there or here; since the United States' inception, the country has relied on its most famous citizens to persuade people reluctant to accept new treatments, according to the College of Physicians of Philadelphia. 

Today's celebrities are better known for thwarting public safety causes - Jenny McCarthy, Jessica Biel and Jim Carrey have opposed mandatory vaccinations - but how much clout they or any another famous people have is a point of debate.

Fearful students were labeled "fraidy cats," Mawdsley said, and some young women adopted a "no shots, no dates" policy in which they refused would-be suitors who'd yet to be vaccinated.

If everyone at the protests dressed up like the popo no one would have a fucking clue who was who. good idea eh :)

Understand?

If everyone dressed the same as the popo, and the popo were rounding up the protesters, what the actual fuck. :P

Talk about a spanner in the works. They wouldn't know if they were beating up one of their own.

Edited by FrankVitali

15 minutes ago, Velma said:

Whole populations are being imprisoned, not only in their immediate locality, but in their own homes. Enforced solitary confinement. Although you can meet one other person, outdoors in a park, in the rain, but there is nowhere to go. Nothing is open, no cafe's, restaurants, pubs, gyms, cinemas, sports centers, hairdressers....The state has cancelled all activity, civilization itself is grinding to a halt.

Who gave them the right to wield this authoritarian control over our entire country, to hold us hostage, until we submit? What evidence have they provided to back this claim of a “mutant strain” of a virus, twice as contagious as it's predecessor? Do we just have to accept their word for it? Who discovered it, how did it mutate, why in the South East of England, didn't the lockdowns work?

The Scottish government is in lockstep, however they advise us that if you are meeting in someone's garden, you can actually go inside if you need to use the toilet, but should wipe down surfaces you touch with antibacterial wipes and use only freshly laundered or paper towels. Also, remember to wipe your arse and flush the toilet with the lid down. Don't forget to finish up with hand sanitiser!

It must have all been planned worldwide, way in advance.

We've said this hundreds of times ... even if Covid 19 exists, the number of cases are meaningless, because

of the totally unreliable tests, never designed for people without any illness.

The number of deaths are meaningless because anyone who dies is given the inacurrate test, even if they died from an obvious different condition. This have never happened before.

How much longer will people tolerate these evil measures?  

Edited by Golden Retriever
  • Like 3