Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

• Replies 49.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DarianF

• oddsnsods

• Avoiceinthecrowd

• SimonTV

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wont believe this.   I just went down Lidls to get some steak.   Security guard calls me out as I walk past & I ignore him. Gets my steak walks to the credit only till

Some images of today's demonstration in London (not taken by me personally).                

Fuck the fuck off.

Posted Images

What is a joke is that it's allgedly a new strain and it works in a different way - but..... the vaccine for the old strain that works for a different strain still is effective. Makes perfect sense! 

Edited by Mr H
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Illmatic said:

Where would you stand on mandatory vaccination/vaccine passports? 

I would be against mandatory vaccines. Would be very surprised if it went that way. There is a strong history of medicine by consent in this country and I don't see the government crossing that line. I'm not saying it's impossible. Government has said no way as an option. But they have been known to change their minds! Vaccine passports, less of a redline for me. Again don't think the government will impose this, but private industry may.

1 minute ago, Noctua said:

From the DailyMail - loads of blah blah blah about the new Tier 4 and then this...

Although it does not appear to be any more deadly, it is believed to be much more contagious, accounting for an incredible 60 per cent of new cases in London over the past week.

So once again, manipulation.   No increased risk to life.

The big question is where is the evidence-based scientific data to back up these claims of a 'new variant'?

At the moment it all just seems to exist on someone's say so.

It's not 'more deadly', but is 'more contagious'. On what basis?

Has this new 'variant' been isolated and purified?

Of course, any 'real journalists' who would dare to ask questions like this won't be allowed anywhere near any press conferences.

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, Noctua said:

Which European countries have locked down now over Christmas?  Off the top of my head, Wales, Northern Ireland, part of England, Italy, Netherlands, Germany.

Anymore?

Not sure about European countries but Ontario Canada is locking down.  Will check the other provinces. This government here in Canada is as facked up as the UK.

14 minutes ago, Free_your_mind said:

Everyone is seriously pissed off with these restrictions and now Christmas has been cancelled

This ain't going to go down well with the masses! Lets hope there's an uproar.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Free_your_mind said:

I would be against mandatory vaccines. Would be very surprised if it went that way. There is a strong history of medicine by consent in this country and I don't see the government crossing that line. I'm not saying it's impossible. Government has said no way as an option. But they have been known to change their minds! Vaccine passports, less of a redline for me. Again don't think the government will impose this, but private industry may.

in my experience what happens when posters like you are proven to be wrong by events is that you just dissapear

Only very rarely have i seen a person come back later and say 'you were right'. usually people like you just vanish

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Free_your_mind said:

Everyone is seriously pissed off with these restrictions and now Christmas has been cancelled in some areas. My take, which is very different to others in here, is that the vaccine should not be public enemy no. 1. The vaccine is the one thing that is going to put a stop to this in the near future. I know about problem reaction solution. Don't think it applies here. The theories about what the plan is for this vaccine just don't hold up to scrutiny. The trials were done and now around 350,000 people have had take it. When do you expect the adverse reactions to start? (by adverse reactions I mean anything above the statistically norm). After 1 million? 5 million? There will be no significant adverse reactions. 

Next couple of months will be tough. And we need to look after our mental health. Obsessing over evil vaccines isn't going to help you and you will see in 3-4 months, the anxiety was not warranted. Get outside, take up a hobby, call a friend. Stay safe.

Please, I've had enough of that from the sheep! 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Free_your_mind said:

Again don't think the government will impose this, but private industry may.

Private industry polices cannot override (what is meant to be) UK law.

A firm can say that "You MUST have a vaccine" but if that is not (supposed) law then it means nothing and the firm can be taken to task.

It is like a firm saying "Our policy is to allow the use of slave labor and class 1 drugs" It doesn't override what is meant to be law.

• Like 1

Just been to my local shop and the guy who works there was wearing a mask! He wasn't wearing one this morning and hasn't worn one since March! I walked in and laughed at him! 

"What on earth are you doing you stupid twat?" 

"Tier 4 now, gotta wear a mask."

"Why now? You didn't wear a mask before."

He did, from what I could see of his face, look a bit embarrassed! The poor sod has succumbed to the propaganda after all this time.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, SimonTV said:

unknown.png

Ivermectin for parasite control?  Doxycycline is an antibiotic that penetrates the cell wall and kills off the bacteria from within rather than the other way of attacking from outside.  Kills off micoplasma.  Zinc known to reduce the length of a cold but can also interfere with other drugs... basic analysis....just trying to figure out what it will do re: the elusive covid

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Free_your_mind said:

Everyone is seriously pissed off with these restrictions and now Christmas has been cancelled in some areas. My take, which is very different to others in here, is that the vaccine should not be public enemy no. 1. The vaccine is the one thing that is going to put a stop to this in the near future. I know about problem reaction solution. Don't think it applies here. The theories about what the plan is for this vaccine just don't hold up to scrutiny. The trials were done and now around 350,000 people have had take it. When do you expect the adverse reactions to start? (by adverse reactions I mean anything above the statistically norm). After 1 million? 5 million? There will be no significant adverse reactions. 

Next couple of months will be tough. And we need to look after our mental health. Obsessing over evil vaccines isn't going to help you and you will see in 3-4 months, the anxiety was not warranted. Get outside, take up a hobby, call a friend. Stay safe.

So what is public enemy no. 1 then if not the vaccine?

That is also a very bold claim about 'no significant adverse reactions', time will tell I guess whether you are right or not.

I certainly won't be queuing up to 'take the jab', not for a 'deadly virus' that has a 98% survival rate. I'll take my chances in the real world, not in the fake reality being presented in the media.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

That is also a very bold claim about 'no significant adverse reactions', time will tell I guess whether you are right or not.

I certainly won't be queuing up to 'take the jab', not for a 'deadly virus' that has a 98% survival rate. I'll take my chances in the real world, not in the fake reality being presented in the media.

It's a shill....been here a week.....look at its posts.

Please get rid of.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Exactly, and its not like they are going to advertise the fact that there are reactions. Just simply say the person suffers allergies or reacts to pain etc etc.... same old bullshit that the masses will eat faster than their Christmas turkey ( if they're allowed to have any.)

• Like 1

Israel leading the way with the vaccine passports....no doubt all monitored by AI...

Health chief confirms ‘green passport’ for those who get vaccinated

Health Ministry Director-General Chezy Levy confirms widespread reports that Israel will issue a “green passport” for Israelis who get two doses of the coronavirus vaccine.

Speaking with Channel 12, Levy says the document will allow its carriers not to be quarantined and to enter restaurants, culture events and other public gatherings.

Levy adds that this will lead to a form of international card that would presumably allow global travel for those who are vaccinated.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/health-chief-confirms-green-passport-for-those-who-get-vaccinated/

26 minutes ago, Odie Hatzcats said:

I have been told to be 'nice' and so just a question.

Do you know anything about vaccines?

Have you researched the history of vaccines?

And, as this is NOT a vaccine by definition, what do you know about this injection that makes you happy to take it?

Yes, I know a fair bit about virology and vaccines. Not an expert by any strengh. But more importantly I work with people that are experts and work on viruses, and have worked on sar-cov-2. And I trust them. So when you hear people say you can't isolate a virus... well, it's just false at the end of the day.

It is a vaccine. The argument that it isn't is pure semantics and disingenuous.

• Like 1

There are now 4 tiers. 

1 - Medium

2 - High

3 - Very High

4  - Lockdown

People are begging to be put into tier 2 as if it is something good.

'Would you rather be in tier 2 or 3?' is something which I get asked. That's like saying Would you rather be kicked in the face or kicked in the bollocks? 

There are no low tiers. No hope. People need to stop accepting this bull sh*t 

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Free_your_mind said:

Yes, I know a fair bit about virology and vaccines. Not an expert by any strengh. But more importantly I work with people that are experts and work on viruses, and have worked on sar-cov-2. And I trust them. So when you hear people say you can't isolate a virus... well, it's just false at the end of the day.

It is a vaccine. The argument that it isn't is pure semantics and disingenuous.

So you trust the people you work with are telling you the whole truth?

Are you saying that it is impossible to isolate a virus? Have you seen any evidence of a virus being isolated?

If a virus hasn't / cannot be isolated, then how can any vaccine be developed to act against it?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

The big question is where is the evidence-based scientific data to back up these claims of a 'new variant'?

At the moment it all just seems to exist on someone's say so.

It's not 'more deadly', but is 'more contagious'. On what basis?

Has this new 'variant' been isolated and purified?

Of course, any 'real journalists' who would dare to ask questions like this won't be allowed anywhere near any press conferences.

Well, apparently no one is looking at the scientific data except Johnson and his circle.  This is not even going to a vote.  It's officially a dictatorship move.

No10 has indicated that the measures will come into effect without a vote in Parliament because of the 'incredibly fast moving' events, and there are 'no plans' to recall MPs.