Jump to content

Coronavirus Mega-Thread.


numnuts
 Share

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, SimonTV said:

The mass sterilisation begins. 

I wonder how they will do this. Letters in the post asking you to book an appointment? Text, emails? Then what happens if you ignore the communications, will someone follow up? Thereafter, what will they do if you don't get it or refuse? Is this the point the stasi are sent round? Will be interesting to see how this unfolds. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Morpheus said:

I wonder how they will do this. Letters in the post asking you to book an appointment? Text, emails? Then what happens if you ignore the communications, will someone follow up? Thereafter, what will they do if you don't get it or refuse? Is this the point the stasi are sent round? Will be interesting to see how this unfolds. 

 

One thing for sure, they won't leave you alone. They will start nice, then the nasty will come out the more you ignore or resist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

I wonder how they will do this. Letters in the post asking you to book an appointment? Text, emails? Then what happens if you ignore the communications, will someone follow up? Thereafter, what will they do if you don't get it or refuse? Is this the point the stasi are sent round? Will be interesting to see how this unfolds. 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 I know it’s off topic slightly but still nhs. Daughter went for a dentist check up this morning. After they gave her a chocolate coin. Not trying to be a miserable old git but seems a bit counter productive. Plus give you an example of general idiocy of system. Roll on covid van. NOT!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Bombadil said:

 I know it’s off topic slightly but still nhs. Daughter went for a dentist check up this morning. After they gave her a chocolate coin. Not trying to be a miserable old git but seems a bit counter productive. Plus give you an example of general idiocy of system. Roll on covid van. NOT!

 

One way to keep them in business. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just saw the sad news that one of the big pubs in Dublin, a place I used to go a lot, has closed down permanently.

 

It makes me wonder what the hell has happened to this world, and to the people living in it. It's the same world where, only 12 years ago in 2008, we saw huge anger over the same shit on a smaller scale as the public became aware of the lying and stealing of big developers at the expense of small businesses and the public. Now we have an even more blatant barefaced robbery where those same businesses are forced into bankruptcy because "virus".

 

What has happened in the intervening 12 years to make us so foolish, so vulnerable to such a weak and unimaginitave cunt's trick. I'd give them credit where credit was due if it was even slightly creative or well thought-out, but it's rubbish! We've somehow accepted being sold down the river 10 times worse than we were in 2008, all for a strong flu.

 

I'm in the camp of people who think there will and has to be an awakening for everyone eventually, it's not a sustainable situation. The sad reality is that that will come for many when everything they had has been destroyed and wrestled away from them in the name of "safety" 

Edited by Illmatic
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just wanted to get people's thoughts on the coming tidal wave of recession, as it's something I'm a little unsure of. Will it be allowed to happen? Will we transition straight from the likes of the furlough scheme to a UBI, indefinitely keeping the old system in place until we have the tools to transition to one not based on labour but on social credit. Is this even possible? I've seen more than one commentator saying this seems to be the plan but it isn't as easy as thought.

 

Recession and poverty is something that tends to make people face reality. Maybe they know this and are going to embrace the chaos when it comes, trying to convince the angry mobs that the "anti-vaxxers" are responsible for their loss of livelihood. I'm not sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I work in Finance....I have been a Forex, Futures, Options and stock market trader for 38 years....It is usually my aim to predict where financial markets are going to be heading in a few days/weeks and trade accordingly...Nothing in these markets is making sense at the moment...nothing...The recession that should follow this will make anything in mankinds history look tame or a blip...However...look at the crypto currencies and Gold...they are at record highs....So I think we will, as a world, run out of money, be bankrupt, and that will induce the world to change over to crypto currencies....and then thats when the nightmare begins 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Carol Harmer said:

I work in Finance....I have been a Forex, Futures, Options and stock market trader for 38 years....It is usually my aim to predict where financial markets are going to be heading in a few days/weeks and trade accordingly...Nothing in these markets is making sense at the moment...nothing...The recession that should follow this will make anything in mankinds history look tame or a blip...However...look at the crypto currencies and Gold...they are at record highs....So I think we will, as a world, run out of money, be bankrupt, and that will induce the world to change over to crypto currencies....and then thats when the nightmare begins 

 

Wow... chilling. So basically we're going to break traditional money and the only alternative if you don't already own crypto will be blank-slate digital currency?

 

Only one solution in that case, run to the hills and live off a barter system!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Correct....I am seeing it now coming more and more to the fore....50% of Chinese cities take the E-Yuan as well as standed Yuan currency, but that is because China's economy has grown...They are not out of cash...sadly the rest of the world will be, and soon, much sooner than people realise...There isnt the World Bank or the IMF to bail out all countries...It couldnt happen....which is why Governments are spending what they are...They will have no need to pay it back to themselves...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

 

 

Interesting share. Will those two grifters be okay with people collectivizing against their oppressors though?

 

These are the same two arseholes that had a grooming gang victim on and told her that bad things happen to their people when white people collectivize so basically the abuse must continue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SimonTV said:

crypto spam? realy?

 

I think there's room for skepticism about the likes of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies... but I found it interesting when shortly before this whole thing started the Fed launched their own crypto and it unsurprisingly absolutely bombed.

 

Almost like they realised the game was getting away from them so they had to press the panic button to force us all onto their new platform

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, oneantisworthtenofyou said:

business opportunity

who's gonna print these cards out filled in and sell em on ebay for a quid?

Edited by bamboozooka
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...