Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Guest Gone Fishing...
3 hours ago, wingwang said:

Croydon University Hospital used to be called Mayday Hospital, colloquially known as 'May-Die Hospital'. After poor patient experiences over many years they had to change the name as their reputation got so bad.

lndeed...as a fellow Sarf Lunduner, l'll second this.
Notoriously bad hospital  :O( 

Guest Gone Fishing...
3 hours ago, wingwang said:

Interesting that Croydon University Hospital hospital was the first 'UK hub to unpack and store the Pfizer vaccine'.

Croydon University Hospital used to be called Mayday Hospital, colloquially known as 'May-Die Hospital'. After poor patient experiences over many years they had to change the name as their reputation got so bad.

27 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

lndeed...as a fellow Sarf Lunduner, l'll second this.
Notoriously bad hospital  :O( 

St Georges in south west London has been given a large delivery too.

It's a large university hospital and very inefficient.
This hospital is badly managed and always way, way over it's 'budget' year after year after year...

4 minutes ago, SimonTV said:

The mass sterilisation begins. 

I wonder how they will do this. Letters in the post asking you to book an appointment? Text, emails? Then what happens if you ignore the communications, will someone follow up? Thereafter, what will they do if you don't get it or refuse? Is this the point the stasi are sent round? Will be interesting to see how this unfolds. 

• Like 3

Just now, Morpheus said:

I wonder how they will do this. Letters in the post asking you to book an appointment? Text, emails? Then what happens if you ignore the communications, will someone follow up? Thereafter, what will they do if you don't get it or refuse? Is this the point the stasi are sent round? Will be interesting to see how this unfolds. 

One thing for sure, they won't leave you alone. They will start nice, then the nasty will come out the more you ignore or resist.

2 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

• Haha 2

I know it’s off topic slightly but still nhs. Daughter went for a dentist check up this morning. After they gave her a chocolate coin. Not trying to be a miserable old git but seems a bit counter productive. Plus give you an example of general idiocy of system. Roll on covid van. NOT!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bombadil said:

I know it’s off topic slightly but still nhs. Daughter went for a dentist check up this morning. After they gave her a chocolate coin. Not trying to be a miserable old git but seems a bit counter productive. Plus give you an example of general idiocy of system. Roll on covid van. NOT!

One way to keep them in business. 

Just saw the sad news that one of the big pubs in Dublin, a place I used to go a lot, has closed down permanently.

It makes me wonder what the hell has happened to this world, and to the people living in it. It's the same world where, only 12 years ago in 2008, we saw huge anger over the same shit on a smaller scale as the public became aware of the lying and stealing of big developers at the expense of small businesses and the public. Now we have an even more blatant barefaced robbery where those same businesses are forced into bankruptcy because "virus".

What has happened in the intervening 12 years to make us so foolish, so vulnerable to such a weak and unimaginitave cunt's trick. I'd give them credit where credit was due if it was even slightly creative or well thought-out, but it's rubbish! We've somehow accepted being sold down the river 10 times worse than we were in 2008, all for a strong flu.

I'm in the camp of people who think there will and has to be an awakening for everyone eventually, it's not a sustainable situation. The sad reality is that that will come for many when everything they had has been destroyed and wrestled away from them in the name of "safety" 

Edited by Illmatic
  • Like 3

Just wanted to get people's thoughts on the coming tidal wave of recession, as it's something I'm a little unsure of. Will it be allowed to happen? Will we transition straight from the likes of the furlough scheme to a UBI, indefinitely keeping the old system in place until we have the tools to transition to one not based on labour but on social credit. Is this even possible? I've seen more than one commentator saying this seems to be the plan but it isn't as easy as thought.

Recession and poverty is something that tends to make people face reality. Maybe they know this and are going to embrace the chaos when it comes, trying to convince the angry mobs that the "anti-vaxxers" are responsible for their loss of livelihood. I'm not sure.

• lake locked this topic
  • lake unlocked this topic
  • Beaujangles featured this topic