Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

In this sense 'Revolution' as political, stems from its meaning 'revolt' and not 'revolve' but the latin 'revolutio', to 'turn around'.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/revolutio

Latin

Etymology

From revolvō +‎ -tiō.

Noun

revolūtiō f (genitive revolūtiōnis); third declension

1. The act of revolving; revolution
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebestein said:

Chris Whitty warns Britain faces 'prolonged period' of excess deaths NOT caused by Covid due to collateral effects of lockdown

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11491871/Chris-Whitty-warns-Britain-faces-prolonged-period-excess-deaths.html#article-11491871

Should that be warns or admits?

Shame that Whitty isn't facing a prolonged period of incarceration.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

So Christine Mcvie from Fleetwood Mac died yesterday and the media are so weird about these deaths.

They really made an enemy for the people, a boogie man, out of 'antivaxxers' when really most are simply anti-covax and for good all but now apparent reasons.

I was surprised that no news channels were running anything on the McVie death, as I'd have thought Fleetwood Mac are one of the biggest names in music, up there with Queen, Beatles, ABBA ..especially with the younger/current generations. I happened to put the BBC News on last week while at my folks and there was a very long piece on the Dr Feelgood bloke (who I'd hardly heard of) that went on for about 10 mins. Yet McVie only gets a rolling tickertape mention.

Presumably due to the sudden nature (and reason) of her passing....

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

So it seems whenever a celebrity dies now, the cult media doesn't state the cause of death, any of them, they just claim illness and they are also automatically stating 'antivaxxers' already commenting on cause of death.

Now I read these apparent 'antivaxxer' comments and they're obviously making it up as a pre-emptive defence against the obvious assumption, because I've never heard anyone say such aweful things like they quoted on Techarp.com.

FACT: We know they lie and claim Fact!

So Christine Mcvie from Fleetwood Mac died yesterday and the media are so weird about these deaths.

They really made an enemy for the people, a boogie man, out of 'antivaxxers' when really most are simply anti-covax and for good all but now apparent reasons.

I have noticed this too. The other thing I am noticing is that they are now quite often using the term "died after a long illness', but as you say, no mention of that illness at all. Not too long ago they would often state what the disease was, for example 'was diagnosed with dementia in 2018'. What I want to know is, how are they defining 'long illness'? I would bet long illness to them means in the last 18 months. 

Edited by BornFreeNowAgain

6 hours ago, Mikhail Liebestein said:

Chris Whitty warns Britain faces 'prolonged period' of excess deaths NOT caused by Covid due to collateral effects of lockdown

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11491871/Chris-Whitty-warns-Britain-faces-prolonged-period-excess-deaths.html#article-11491871

I said all along that the guy was a genius.

65143097-11491871-image-m-47_16699173999

Edited by numnuts

19 hours ago, allymisfit said:

Not sure.. I didn't know about the HIV, but there was Hep C infected blood given around this time also.

My grandfather was unfortunately one of the victims who died from this illness.

ah, i meant the fear mongering that hiv causes aids 

7 hours ago, Mikhail Liebestein said:

What a shameless monster he is. As my dad would say, he's never forgiven God for making him ugly.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Anti Facts Sir said:

I was surprised that no news channels were running anything on the McVie death, as I'd have thought Fleetwood Mac are one of the biggest names in music, up there with Queen, Beatles, ABBA ..especially with the younger/current generations. I happened to put the BBC News on last week while at my folks and there was a very long piece on the Dr Feelgood bloke (who I'd hardly heard of) that went on for about 10 mins. Yet McVie only gets a rolling tickertape mention.

Presumably due to the sudden nature (and reason) of her passing....

Yes, all very carefully planned and scripted by the BBC.

The reason Wilko Johnson got so much coverage is because they had a plausible “excuse” for his death and therefore gave it more airtime to maximise predictive programming. Johnson was the guitarist in Dr. Feelgood and Ian Dury & The Blockheads but more importantly he got cancer in the early 2010’s and was told he was going to die. I saw him on his ”farewell” tour and immediately after that he went into hospital for treatment.

Miraculously he made a full recovery but the BBC have obviously used his “previous” as their get out of jail card while conveniently failing to mention that there’s a huge amount of people are having cancer and other serious illnesses return from remission after taking the jab.

Obviously with Christine McVie, they had nothing to fall back on so quietly brushed it under the carpet. Same scenario with Irene Cara.

Edited by HAARPING_On
paragraphed for clarity
  • Like 7

So her family said she died in hospital on Wednesday following 'a short illness', whilst other media sources are claiming she had Cancer?

Now her family never mentioned Cancer and Fleetwood Mac released a homage 'after hearing about her unexpected death'.

They may blame her Scoliosis, a curving of the spine. Its never fatal.

Edited by Nemo

10 hours ago, Edmund Blackadder said:

Noun

revolūtiō f (genitive revolūtiōnis); third declension

1. The act of revolving; revolution

The word "revolucion" is known in French from the 13th century, and "revolution" in English by the late fourteenth century, with regard to the revolving motion of celestial bodies. "Revolution" in the sense of representing abrupt change in a social order is attested by at least 1450.[2][3] Political usage of the term had been well established by 1688 in the description of the replacement of James II with William III. This incident was termed the "Glorious Revolution".[4

- Wikipedia

Some words have two meanings, like Knob and Prick for example.

Edited by Nemo

Talk Radio at 1.30 today 

Ian Collins asking should we have handled Covid differently? A caller named Pav spoke about this for about 5 minutes. I felt quite proud of him for getting his point across so clearly. He spoke quickly as well, none of that irritating dithering, um, ah ... that you so often hear. 

On the subject of receiving blood, a good few years ago I was in hospital, critical care, and a nurse dropped into the conversation that I'd received a blood transfusion. I didn't know, I was on many drips, etc, and I didn't see any blood. The reason was because I'd had platelets which is a yellowish colour and I didn't notice. What irked me was no one asked me if it was okay nor did anyone ask me if I was religious [I'm not but that's not the point]. Be careful when in hospital, folks!

English site for the SafeBlood service from SimonTV's link: https://safeblood.ch/en/

Hope it takes off...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, sock muppet said:

Here are some very good uses of apple cider vinegar, when watered down is actually quite nice to drink, 👍

applecidervinegar.jpg.cb01247fc0fd64e484becb0e2670c9cd.jpg

I can vouch for no. 18.

I used to have a problem with a dry, flaky scalp. Tried Head & Shoulders, Cetavlon, Selsun etc andI ended up using T/Gel shampoo, which worked, but it's very expensive and I was never sure if it was a bit TOO strong.

I then discovered apple cider vinegar which I diluted 50/50 with lukewarm water and washed my hair with it instead of shampoo. The result was that the dry flakiness disappeared after a few days and just an occasional repeat  treatment kept it at bay.

Wonderful stuff! 👍

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Most civilisation is based on cowardice. It's so easy to civilize by teaching cowardice. You water down the standards which would lead to bravery. You restrain the will. You regulate the appetites. You fence in the horizons. You make a law for every movement. You deny the existence of chaos. You teach even the children to breathe slowly. You tame.

When I set out to lead humankind along my Golden Path, I promised them a lesson their bones would remember. I know a profound pattern which humans deny with their words even while their actions affirm it. They say they seek security and quiet, the condition they call peace. Even as they speak, they create the seeds of turmoil and violence. If they find their quiet security, they squirm in it. How boring they find it. Look at them now. Look at what they do while I record these words. Hah! I give them enduring eons of enforced tranquility which plods on and on despite their every effort to escape into chaos. Believe me, the memory of Leto's Peace shall abide with them forever. They will seed their quiet security thereafter only with extreme caution and steadfast preparation.

The pattern of monarchies and similar systems has a message of value for all political forms. My memories assure me that governments of any kind could profit from this message. Governments can be useful to the governed only so long as inherent tendencies toward tyranny are restrained. Monarchies have some good features beyond their star qualities. They can reduce the size and parasitic nature of the management bureaucracy. They can make speedy decisions when necessary. They fit an ancient human demand for a parental (tribal/feudal) hierarchy where every person knows his place. It is valuable to know your place, even if that place is temporary. It is galling to be held in place against your will. This is why I teach about tyranny in the best possible way—by example. Even though you read these words after a passage of eons, my tyranny will not be forgotten. My Golden Path assures this. Knowing my message, I expect you to be exceedingly careful about the powers you delegate to any government.

What am I eliminating? The bourgeois infatuation with peaceful conservation of the past. This is a binding force, a thing which holds humankind into one vulnerable unit in spite of illusionary separations across parsecs of space. If I can find the scattered bits, others can find them. When you are together, you can share a common catastrophe. You can be exterminated together. Thus, I demonstrate the terrible danger of a gliding, passionless mediocrity, a movement without ambitions or aims. I show you that entire civilizations can do this thing. I give you eons of life which slips gently toward death without fuss or stirring, without even asking 'Why?' I show you the false happiness and the shadow-catastrophe called Leto, the God Emperor. Now, will you learn the real happiness?

- Duke Leto Atredeis II

Edited by Nemo

2 hours ago, SimonTV said:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/12/international-blood-bank-unvaccinated-formed-members-least-16-countries-demand-pure-blood-skyrockets/

International Blood Bank for the Unvaccinated has been Formed with Members from at Least 16 countries – Demand for “Pure Blood” Skyrockets

Firstly. how does one prove, or even make the case, that they are not vaccinated? Secondly, does anyone know if blood donated by someone traditionally is mixed with anyone else's traditionally donated blood? Thirdly, is this new scheme going to mix blood? The article isn't clear on that, but I might be blind to the obvious answer.   

Macron must have recruited him to hunt down the unvaccinated in France.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63835091

'Sajid Javid to stand down as MP at next election.'

'In a reference to their shared love of the Star Wars film franchise, Prime Minister Rishi Sunak paid tribute to Mr Javid by tweeting "May the Force be with you, Saj".' (No, Rishi. This dude is definitely from the Misty Mountains.)

_127866186_tweetstarwars.jpg.webp