Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

21 hours ago, Bombadil said:

Checked under a cheap microscope at home today. I’m nowhere near an expert and my magnification is pretty limited but looked like iron when compared to images online

Did you also use a magnet? Just saying because it could be any dirt.....

I am put off by cereal for now.... the only thing left is rolled oats.

As for bread, goodbye Hovis... Will have to bake my own IF I want a toastie.....

I am scoffing a sheet of organic white chocolate as I am throughouly pissed off with the prospect of changing my diet drastically.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaleP said:

As for bread, goodbye Hovis... Will have to bake my own IF I want a toastie.....

I am scoffing a sheet of organic white chocolate as I am throughouly pissed off with the prospect of changing my diet drastically.

Anyone tried a magnet on weetabix sure as hell makes you shit a tonne 

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

Covid: Sacked test centre staff 'thrown to wolves'

By Catrin Haf Jones

Most test centres, including those for PCR testing, will close on Thursday. Covid test centre staff in Wales say they have been "thrown to the wolves", with some given just days' notice that their jobs would disappear.

All PCR testing sites in Wales will close on Thursday amid plans to move beyond the Covid emergency response. Staff say the support in finding new work has also been "too little, too late" and was a "token gesture".

Wales' health minister has said the sites needed to close because the UK government has cut funding for them.

Some of the staff have have worked at the test centres for nearly two years.

The Welsh government has said all PCR testing sites in Wales would close, including mass testing sites. 

In February they were given four days' notice that their site was closing. It followed the UK government's announcement that free Covid testing would come to an end by April.

"People were actually in shock, thinking 'wow, four days' - all of a sudden in four days, you're thrown to the wolves."

e76e8c0d1db1486d9028c749615e37ff.jpg.18b7e1eca5725a56d0107b96dfe06d2e.jpg

He said staff were offered "advice on CV writing, but it all seemed too little, too late to help you benefit".

"That just seemed to be a token gesture. I think that's what the staff basically thought - they're ticking boxes," he added.

Over Christmas, the employee said test centre workers were doing "3,000 tests a day, with minimal staff because of sickness".

"People were working there doing a 12-hour shift with only 20 minutes break all day because they just couldn't stop, there wasn't time to take a break.

"And then two months later we're all treated like disposable items.

"It's not just a stop-gap - it's a job. And we're just being kicked to the curb. There's no gratitude, there's no consideration for people and their families.

laughing-bonobo-crop.jpg.ff185d4080bf90163da24ff33087fc25.jpg

"They don't think of the fact that it's actually a sphere of employment now for a lot of people."

Some test centre staff said the way they were being treated was cruel, another employee, Andrew, said the treatment of staff was cruel. With the cost-of-living crisis, it's the worst possible time," We've been on the frontline. Most of us have had Covid at least once. What we've done needs acknowledging.

f3338c1333c679d2909b24f7a4bea597.jpg.b49c9568a5560d7e0a5a7c461c2ee70a.jpg

Plaid Cymru Senedd Member Llyr Gruffudd said the situation was "unforgivable". These are the very people who were on the frontline working hard to keep us safe over the last two years," he said. At the very least they should be supported, they should be helped to find alternative employment, they should be given those opportunities and this really isn't acceptable. It sends the absolute wrong message.

"We've been clapping and lauding these people for the last two years and it's shocking that this is now how they're being treated.

istockphoto-469351154-612x612.jpg.64fbf6cef0be13ef9e40bf744c48b73d.jpg

"For the Welsh Government to shrug its shoulders and say 'it's a UK Government thing' is not acceptable. The Welsh Government has a significant role to play here."

The UK government's Health Security Agency said "We are extremely grateful for the efforts of all staff and have worked with their employers to make sure they are supported and thanked for their work during this transition."

NINTCHDBPICT000521037004.webp.44fef47a761a9a0ed7103f574715b331.webp

Since the end of January, numbers taken at testing centres have dropped below the numbers of PCR tests carried out routinely of residents and staff in care homes each week and the 15,000 or so taken of patients in hospital.

The crucial difference has come with a change in testing rules.

Since early January, most people who test positive with lateral flows are not being asked to take follow-up PCR tests at their local testing centre.

Another employee who spoke on condition of anonymity said staff had "worked their socks off for the government and we've not even had a thank you".

I think from memory if your employed more than two years your due redundancy pay some evil civil serpent has done the maths or am I a conspiracy theorist 🧐

Just now, whatthefoxhat said:

1 speaks eloquently and an awful lot of common sense and does some shit hot history programmes and the other is nothing more than an extremely challenging wank !

Can I give you 100 likes lol 

1 minute ago, Celticdevil said:

Can I give you 100 likes lol 

No! give them to others more deserving...i detest what she has done to my beautiful second homeland Alba...sooner they lop her napper off and replace her with a grown up the better !!

4 minutes ago, whatthefoxhat said:

1 speaks eloquently and an awful lot of common sense and does some shit hot history programmes and the other is nothing more than an extremely challenging wank !

Eloquently indeed. Do you happen to have many of those challenging..... ? I feel for you, there is always the blue pills....

49 minutes ago, whatthefoxhat said:

No! give them to others more deserving...i detest what she has done to my beautiful second homeland Alba...sooner they lop her napper off and replace her with a grown up the better !!

It’s my homeland and that gender neutral Bitch has fcd it 

police are corrupt 

cps is corrupt 

gov is corrupt 

I was for indie she made me change my mind after 30years off wanting it 

evil to the core !!!!!!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nemo said:

Covid: Sacked test centre staff 'thrown to wolves'

By Catrin Haf Jones

Most test centres, including those for PCR testing, will close on Thursday. Covid test centre staff in Wales say they have been "thrown to the wolves", with some given just days' notice that their jobs would disappear.

All PCR testing sites in Wales will close on Thursday amid plans to move beyond the Covid emergency response. Staff say the support in finding new work has also been "too little, too late" and was a "token gesture".

Wales' health minister has said the sites needed to close because the UK government has cut funding for them.

Some of the staff have have worked at the test centres for nearly two years.

The Welsh government has said all PCR testing sites in Wales would close, including mass testing sites. 

In February they were given four days' notice that their site was closing. It followed the UK government's announcement that free Covid testing would come to an end by April.

"People were actually in shock, thinking 'wow, four days' - all of a sudden in four days, you're thrown to the wolves."

e76e8c0d1db1486d9028c749615e37ff.jpg.18b7e1eca5725a56d0107b96dfe06d2e.jpg

He said staff were offered "advice on CV writing, but it all seemed too little, too late to help you benefit".

"That just seemed to be a token gesture. I think that's what the staff basically thought - they're ticking boxes," he added.

Over Christmas, the employee said test centre workers were doing "3,000 tests a day, with minimal staff because of sickness".

"People were working there doing a 12-hour shift with only 20 minutes break all day because they just couldn't stop, there wasn't time to take a break.

"And then two months later we're all treated like disposable items.

"It's not just a stop-gap - it's a job. And we're just being kicked to the curb. There's no gratitude, there's no consideration for people and their families.

laughing-bonobo-crop.jpg.ff185d4080bf90163da24ff33087fc25.jpg

"They don't think of the fact that it's actually a sphere of employment now for a lot of people."

Some test centre staff said the way they were being treated was cruel, another employee, Andrew, said the treatment of staff was cruel. With the cost-of-living crisis, it's the worst possible time," We've been on the frontline. Most of us have had Covid at least once. What we've done needs acknowledging.

f3338c1333c679d2909b24f7a4bea597.jpg.b49c9568a5560d7e0a5a7c461c2ee70a.jpg

Plaid Cymru Senedd Member Llyr Gruffudd said the situation was "unforgivable". These are the very people who were on the frontline working hard to keep us safe over the last two years," he said. At the very least they should be supported, they should be helped to find alternative employment, they should be given those opportunities and this really isn't acceptable. It sends the absolute wrong message.

"We've been clapping and lauding these people for the last two years and it's shocking that this is now how they're being treated.

istockphoto-469351154-612x612.jpg.64fbf6cef0be13ef9e40bf744c48b73d.jpg

"For the Welsh Government to shrug its shoulders and say 'it's a UK Government thing' is not acceptable. The Welsh Government has a significant role to play here."

The UK government's Health Security Agency said "We are extremely grateful for the efforts of all staff and have worked with their employers to make sure they are supported and thanked for their work during this transition."

NINTCHDBPICT000521037004.webp.44fef47a761a9a0ed7103f574715b331.webp

Since the end of January, numbers taken at testing centres have dropped below the numbers of PCR tests carried out routinely of residents and staff in care homes each week and the 15,000 or so taken of patients in hospital.

The crucial difference has come with a change in testing rules.

Since early January, most people who test positive with lateral flows are not being asked to take follow-up PCR tests at their local testing centre.

Another employee who spoke on condition of anonymity said staff had "worked their socks off for the government and we've not even had a thank you".

Bravo for this post, scrolling down to the end was quite the delight. Absolutely hilarious. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, whatthefoxhat said:

1 speaks eloquently and an awful lot of common sense and does some shit hot history programmes and the other is nothing more than an extremely challenging wank!

Just thinking of Nicola Sturgeon would be the perfect cure for an unwanted stiffy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Orange Alert said:

There will be those who will be thinking one less useless eater and an expensive one at that.

WireAP_c9f67a39c49e46c699b0e73b012cfd42_

And those who think how can we remove more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10673727/Insect-borne-viruses-like-Zika-Dengue-cause-pandemic-warns.html

BTW, Zika virus might be the perfect trick to produce a new order of compliant workers.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/04/spain-reports-first-known-european-case-zika-pregnant-woman

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Celticdevil said:

I think from memory if your employed more than two years your due redundancy pay some evil civil serpent has done the maths or am I a conspiracy theorist 🧐

Unless it is a fixed term contract or you are technically self-employed

5 hours ago, DaleP said:

Yes used a magnet to separate everything. Put samples of the stuff on the magnet under the microscope. As I said before, it appeared to be iron, going by photos online. I am by no means an expert and could of misinterpreted what I saw

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bombadil said:

Yes used a magnet to separate everything. Put samples of the stuff on the magnet under the microscope. As I said before, it appeared to be iron, going by photos online. I am by no means an expert and could of misinterpreted what I saw

Surely it can't be good to eat such iron particles. 🤨

Definitely off cereals.

Just cook with iron frying pan.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaleP said:

Eloquently indeed. Do you happen to have many of those challenging..... ? I feel for you, there is always the blue pills....

I used to get the Indian made  Bollywood version in bulk 'Biagra'worked out about 20p a tablet !...Dont think those would help looking at the wee Krankie !...Please please please Scotland remove her from power ,shes a female Napolean with delusions of grandeur

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Celticdevil said:

It’s my homeland and that gender neutral Bitch has fcd it 

police are corrupt 

cps is corrupt 

gov is corrupt 

I was for indie she made me change my mind after 30years off wanting it 

evil to the core !!!!!!!!

I spent 25 years working in your homeland and loved every minute of it but to see whats happened since covid saddens me immensly, and i woud gladly stand along side you in your quest for independence but what she has done to the indy movement and how in my humble opinion it's been set back 10 years worries me.

I do hope that Scotland just tells her to get tae fuck and brings in more capable leaders with a more clear view of the path to proceed on...my hearts out to you mate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whatthefoxhat said:

I used to get the Indian made  Bollywood version in bulk 'Biagra'worked out about 20p a tablet !...Dont think those would help looking at the wee Krankie !...Please please please Scotland remove her from power ,shes a female Napolean with delusions of grandeur

wow Indian version works?

Do you think Scotland's water is flouridated? Was Braveheart a myth? 🤔

Come up lads, take off your wigs and make-up, put down your favourite drugs and wear a kilt!

1 hour ago, webtrekker said:

C_mug.jpg.25fa7ebe94c03c3ca8d444ac923bb5e3.jpg

'C' cleverly hidden in the handle.... a bit like the FeDex arrow hidden in the logo. 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaleP said:

wow Indian version works?

Do you think Scotland's water is flouridated? Was Braveheart a myth? 🤔

Come up lads, take off your wigs and make-up, put down your favourite drugs and wear a kilt!

'C' cleverly hidden in the handle.... a bit like the FeDex arrow hidden in the logo. 😁

I'll be out in my kilt on the 30th at Rock city dr martens on and a freshly shaved head....and the kilts black ...and if i see a masked up lunatic in the mosh ima slap em upside the head (i think there is a very high probability i wont,don't think i'll see many shirts either and that includes the lasses willing to dive in )...dont get that kind of night out in the Northern ;-)

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2022 at 6:26 PM, Bombadil said:

Had a decorator come round to do a quote a few days ago. Saw a Ukraine flag on his van so told him he wasn’t cheap enough. I don’t have a problem with supporting causes etc, I just don’t want it in my face

I didn't even know there was a country called ukraine until a few weeks ago, i thought the piss-taking politicians had said something like: cocaine, which they seem to know a lot about.

Or perhaps they were saying : " You are a crane " Perhaps some conspiracy theorist put-down joke, made up by the prez of YouCrane who is a comedian, and the prez of the united states who is an old joke

For clarification and seeking another perspective I asked the mask wearing morons, most of who couldn't even locate Ukraine on a map. The others said : What's a map?

Actually i did manage to find one guy who had actually heard of ukraine, he had purchased a pair of boxer shorts a few months ago and the label inside said : made in ukraine. The quality of the boxers was really bad and he advised me not be buy them, or Chernobyl fallout

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• lake locked this topic
  • lake unlocked this topic
  • Beaujangles featured this topic