Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

16 hours ago, magu said:

You WILL take the vaccine....whether you like it or not 

https://jme.bmj.com/content/early/2020/08/19/medethics-2020-106435

Journal of medical ethics..British medical journal

All the justification anyone could need for compulsory vaccination

My only hope is that the authors names are remembered ....and in the not too distant future their status as collaborators is remembered

Their flimsy argument is that since lockdowns and quarantine are already an infringement of ECHR Article 8 and they are getting away with this curb on our rights to a private life and free movement, then they might as well remove our right to bodily integrity also.

Current (illegal) constraints, they admit, are psychologically damaging and cause PTSD, therefore vaccination would be preferable.

“Many of us would prefer being required to undergo a safe treatment or vaccination to being subjected to constraints on movement for an extended period so, if well-being is determined by preference satisfaction, compulsory medical intervention would, for many of us, be less harmful than external constraint.”

And then they blatantly lie: “By contrast, vaccinations typically have few side effects, and severe side effects are usually vanishingly rare.” This is not true and less so for an untried and untested vaccine for a pathogen that does not exist.

They argue that although we have an inalienable right to personal sovereignty over own our bodies, we are not just ourselves, because others, like loved ones, are “are part of our selves” and just as important. Therefore, intervention is justified to "save lives" and “current legal constraints on compulsory medical intervention ought to be loosened.”

However, if reading this distresses you... you are exempt!

“Perhaps the compulsion involved in compulsory vaccination or treatment would cause significant distress. However, concerns about such distress could be avoided by exempting individuals with particularly strong objections from the requirement to undergo treatment or vaccination; we are not defending the view that compulsion should be universal.”

Edited by Velma
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MR-E said:

accept it you mean...bury head in sand that's the problem not any more! just the  sight of a muzzle can set it off...& when encountering family all with matching muzzle ......mist 

walking on by  & ignore, like its not happening  when the truth is all there for all to see

but they choose not too see..........   aaaagggghhhh !!!!!  my head hurts

Yes, accept that you can't change others  outlook, they are afraid of "4000 will die every day"  state propaganda.

You are above all of that.

2 hours ago, The Illuminator said:

Anyone else smell ozone this morning? Same as 1st lockdown. 

There was something weird about the first one that I could smell a sort of bleach like disinfectant smell around parts of town, my brother who lives a mile away reported it where he was too.!

£30 grand in fines for a bonfire party. Far too many people are not scared of the COVID, so they have to scare them with intergalactic fines to keep the illusion up.

Coronavirus police clampdown: Merseyside officers hand out £10,000 fines for bonfire

POLICE have issued three £10,000 fines for breach of coronavirus rules after revellers held a bonfire in Wirral.

Edited by Orange Alert

1 hour ago, Velma said:

Their flimsy argument is that since lockdowns and quarantine are already an infringement of ECHR Article 8 and they are getting away with this curb on our rights to a private life and free movement, then they might as well remove our right to bodily integrity also.

Current (illegal) constraints, they admit, are psychologically damaging and cause PTSD, therefore vaccination would be preferable.

“Many of us would prefer being required to undergo a safe treatment or vaccination to being subjected to constraints on movement for an extended period so, if well-being is determined by preference satisfaction, compulsory medical intervention would, for many of us, be less harmful than external constraint.”

And then they blatantly lie: “By contrast, vaccinations typically have few side effects, and severe side effects are usually vanishingly rare.” This is not true and less so for an untried and untested vaccine for a pathogen that does not exist.

They argue that although we have an inalienable right to personal sovereignty over own our bodies, we are not just ourselves, because others, like loved ones, are “are part of our selves” and just as important. Therefore, intervention is justified to "save lives" and “current legal constraints on compulsory medical intervention ought to be loosened.”

However, if reading this distresses you... you are exempt!

“Perhaps the compulsion involved in compulsory vaccination or treatment would cause significant distress. However, concerns about such distress could be avoided by exempting individuals with particularly strong objections from the requirement to undergo treatment or vaccination; we are not defending the view that compulsion should be universal.”

Right at the end of the document

Although we cannot defend it in full here, we think that one promising option would be for the government to offer the choice: ‘either have yourself vaccinated, or stay at home’. That would treat external constraint and medical intervention as on a par, while giving individuals greater freedom than in a situation where either external constraints or medical interventions are imposed.

42 minutes ago, shadowmoon said:

There was something weird about the first one that I could smell a sort of bleach like disinfectant smell around parts of town, my brother who lives a mile away reported it where he was too.!

Yeah mate. Hard to explain. Very chemically. Like living next to ICI or summat. But we on the coast here with beautiful scenery.

Defo something in the air today. I hope it's not in my head haha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Illuminator said:

Yeah mate. Hard to explain. Very chemically. Like living next to ICI or summat. But we on the coast here with beautiful scenery.

2 minutes ago, The Illuminator said:

It was really odd as it was in one street and not another.!

University of Pittsburg have changed the Hippocratic Oath...

https://www.pittwire.pitt.edu/news/modern-day-hippocrates-incoming-school-medicine-students-write-their-own-oath

They slip this nice bit in at the end...
"
I will restore trust between the health care community and the population in which I serve by holding myself and others accountable, and by combating misinformation in order to improve health literacy."

They rewrote everything, but obviously they needed to remove these unimportant parts from the original:
"I will use those dietary regimens which will benefit my patients according to my greatest ability and judgement, and I will do no harm or injustice to them.

I will not give a lethal drug to anyone if I am asked, nor will I advise such a plan; and similarly I will not give a woman a pessary to cause an abortion.

I will not use the knife, even upon those suffering from stones, but I will leave this to those who are trained in this craft."

Edited by John Connor

A year of furlough for those not turfed out of their jobs by CV-1984.  How long before the furlough is widened and rebranded Citizen's Universal Basic Income.

Lockdown until MARCH? Hint at things to come as Sunak extends furlough for months

RISHI SUNAK'S decision to extend furlough until March has sparked fears lockdown could last far beyond the December 2 lockdown date.

PUBLISHED: 12:02, Thu, Nov 5, 2020 | UPDATED: 12:08, Thu, Nov 5, 2020

The decision, reported by the BBC this lunchtime, has sparked panic the lockdown could last months. One Twitter user said: "Does that suggest the government think that the current lock down will be extended?"

Another said: "Sunak expected to extend furlough scheme to March. Odd for a lockdown for 4 weeks. Looks like we’ll all be emerging in spring at this rate!"

More to follow... 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1356494/coronsavirus-lockdown-end-date-furloguh-rishi-sunak-covid19-uk-england-latest

Extending the lockdown to March was the "Stage 3" in the event 201 scenario that Bill Gates was involved in. This is all going to plan, regardless of the evidence, this was going to happen because it is all been planned years ago. The government are just lemmings in this acting like they have a grip on the science.  They don't even know what R value is. They think locking down the economy can change the contagiousness of a virus haha.

5 minutes ago, Orange Alert said:

A year of furlough for those not turfed out of their jobs by CV-1984.  How long before the furlough is widened and rebranded Citizen's Universal Basic Income.

Lockdown until MARCH? Hint at things to come as Sunak extends furlough for months

RISHI SUNAK'S decision to extend furlough until March has sparked fears lockdown could last far beyond the December 2 lockdown date.

PUBLISHED: 12:02, Thu, Nov 5, 2020 | UPDATED: 12:08, Thu, Nov 5, 2020

The decision, reported by the BBC this lunchtime, has sparked panic the lockdown could last months. One Twitter user said: "Does that suggest the government think that the current lock down will be extended?"

Another said: "Sunak expected to extend furlough scheme to March. Odd for a lockdown for 4 weeks. Looks like we’ll all be emerging in spring at this rate!"

More to follow... 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1356494/coronsavirus-lockdown-end-date-furloguh-rishi-sunak-covid19-uk-england-latest

Guaranteed that this is the plan. Question is, what are people going to do about it?