Jump to content

Coronavirus Mega-Thread.


numnuts
 Share

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, jesuitsdidit said:

 

Take your f'ing Masks off now and if you are challenged say you are exempt because it gives you asthma attack and you can't breathe.

They don't work and there is no virus.

 

 

Mask-hesitancy is anti-social behaviour and a psychological disorder, apparently.

 

 

Edited by Velma
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Illmatic said:

 

Absolutely. The word "theory" is very important as it implies there is absolutely no basis in fact for the ideas.

 

I remember reading it first got used widely in media after the JFK shooting, but I'm not sure maybe that's a "conspiracy theory" 😂

I disagree. 

 

There are many scientific therories that are seen as factually correct or a little more evidence will suggest its  now a scientific fact. 

 

Same with conspiracies. Some are theories at first once you see some "signs" and symptoms of inconsistencies. Then once you get even more evidence the theory will become more and more credible. Then you apply basic common sense. After more evidence and possibly even real world / first hand experience  evidence to support your theory you can now say this theory beyond doubt (albeit with some possible discrepancies) is FACT. 

 

So we should feel proud to be called Conspiracy theorists. Becausr theories are good to have because 60% these theories are based on truth....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, shadowmoon said:

Looking at footage of 'anti lockdown riots' in Italy.

I am wondering how organic they actually are?

 

stage 1 spread virus fear.

stage 2 lockdowns.

stage 3 control the riots

 

?:classic_unsure:?

 

Yes

There seemed to be a lot of smoke reflecting red and purple spotlights which often suggests STAGED EVENT to me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TheAwakened said:

Yes, we shoudl play on it

 

 

Wearing a mask makes us feel pspsychological distress. Tell them it makes you feel like death is incoming. 

 

8 minutes ago, Velma said:

 

Mask-hesitancy is anti-social behaviour and a psychological disorder, apparently

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Well, I say infecting your population with dangerous Binary Bioweapons is anti-social behaviour and a psychological disorder.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://twitter.com/TraceyOMahony81/status/1320386215401631744?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

 

On the spot fines for attending protests, organizing house parties or for traveling unecessary more than 5km. Our democracy here is gone and the Irish sheeple lying down and taking it without a murmur, fighting Irish my ass. I read an online post from someone saying you are not obliged to give the cops your name in the event of them trying to fine you, unsubstantiated and Tracey doesnt mention that in her video here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quoting

On  the spot fines for attending protests, organizing house parties or for traveling unecessary more than 5km.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

So protests are now Illegal in Ireland.

That's convenient isn't it?

 

Have you noticed that every time they want to bring in more restrictions they do it in one country and if there is no serious reaction then it is introduced in more countries.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

 

Only film I own on Amazon Prime. Pray for me folks. 😄

 

Maybe one could pre-buy Bill's new book to make amends, keeping the snatch squad from the door and recover social credit rating points. 😄

 

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Avoid-Climate-Disaster-Breakthroughs/dp/0241448301/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=bill+gates&qid=1603805556&sr=8-2

 

51A+RrABbJL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, TheAwakened said:

Yes, we shoudl play on it

 

 

Wearing a mask makes us feel pspsychological distress. Tell them it makes you feel like death is incoming. 

 

If wearing a mask causes you “distress” you are exempt.

 

I think we can all agree that wearing one is stressful, because it's unnatural and anti-social, it impedes your breathing and makes you look like an imbecile, while forcing you to comply with the lie that 'covert19' is real.

 

Most distressing!

 

This was never about a virus or “saving lives” anyway, if it is, why can't I buy a carbon monoxide detector from Tesco?

 

My co-worker says people who refuse to wear them are “namby-pamby” because he knows people with chronic asthma and they still wear it.

 

He has smoker's lung and admits wearing his mask is making his cough worse, but he is afraid that if he catches the Rona it will kill him!

 

No, his mask is gonna do that.

 

I have never worn one and never will, especially now that I have a LAMINATED exemption card, which makes the people you show it to recoil like a vampire looking in a mirror.

 

I am never confronted anyway, although when I get on a bus where there is 100% compliance I see accusing eyes upon me, above the masks, looking horrified, terrified, or just confused.

 

I ignore them.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, TheAwakened said:

I disagree. 

 

There are many scientific therories that are seen as factually correct or a little more evidence will suggest its  now a scientific fact. 

 

Same with conspiracies. Some are theories at first once you see some "signs" and symptoms of inconsistencies. Then once you get even more evidence the theory will become more and more credible. Then you apply basic common sense. After more evidence and possibly even real world / first hand experience  evidence to support your theory you can now say this theory beyond doubt (albeit with some possible discrepancies) is FACT. 

 

So we should feel proud to be called Conspiracy theorists. Becausr theories are good to have because 60% these theories are based on truth....

Yes, the word 'theory' when coupled with the word 'conspiracy' is redefined as something that has been, is and always will be a theory - and a paranoid one at that. You never see the expression 'conspiracy fact'.

 

Every murder investigation starts off with a series of theories.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jesuitsdidit said:

I think UK government should provide school meals to all children during Coronavirus. They could be free to those in need and others could pay a small contribution up to £2 per person.

Apparently the vouchers can be exchanged for even non-food items.

How can you expect a child to buy sensibly? They'll probably buy crisps coke and sweets.

They should be getting a square meal of meat and 2 veg like Shepherd's Pie with peas and carrots. And rhubarb crumble or fruit tart with custard for pudding like we used to get.

 

The Government needs to stop being so penny-pinching and mean. They know that the poorest need all the help they can get not least because the level of social care is now so decimated that some people can only put frozen pizza on the plate maybe with baked beans. THAT IS NOT A HEALTHY DIET.

School meals are nutritious and because they have bulk buying capability can be produced at an affordable cost. The GOVERNMENT needs to get off it's backside and START GOVERNING.

 

 

 

In fairness where I live school meals are not nutritious. Fried crap and junk food mostly. Low quality ingredients. At My daughters school they can’t put squash in their drinks bottle but they are allowed to buy fizzy drinks from the vending machine.

Do agree though that should be more like old school dinners in the respect that it was actually a meal regardless of quality.😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Bombadil said:

In fairness where I live school meals are not nutritious. Fried crap and junk food mostly. Low quality ingredients. At My daughters school they can’t put squash in their drinks bottle but they are allowed to buy fizzy drinks from the vending machine.

Do agree though that should be more like old school dinners in the respect that it was actually a meal regardless of quality.😁

 

 

My 1970s primary school meals were like 1940's war rations... spam fritters, liver, blancmange, boiled to death sloppy cabbage .. Ugh! all horrid stuff.

I remember little kids crying because they had to stay at table until they ate liver and they hated it so much..

 

I went onto packed lunches once I was old enough to make my own sandwiches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Bombadil said:

In fairness where I live school meals are not nutritious. Fried crap and junk food mostly. Low quality ingredients. At My daughters school they can’t put squash in their drinks bottle but they are allowed to buy fizzy drinks from the vending machine.

Do agree though that should be more like old school dinners in the respect that it was actually a meal regardless of quality.😁

 

Well that is disgraceful.

Cheap and meaningless, just like everything UK government produces.

 

Regarding quality I agree it was not always appetising but given people in UK now know how to cook thanks to Jamie Oliver et al I would imagine school meals ought now to be fairly enjoyable.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, shadowmoon said:

 

 

My 1970s primary school meals were like 1940's war rations... spam fritters, liver, blancmange, boiled to death sloppy cabbage .. Ugh! all horrid stuff.

I remember little kids crying because they had to stay at table until they ate liver and they hated it so much..

 

I went onto packed lunches once I was old enough to make my own sandwiches.

Us Brits were never renowned for our cuisine were we. Sounds like something my nan would knock up. They love their offal. Pork kidneys are quite nice though. 

 

 

Edited by Fluke
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Us Brits were never renowned for our cuisine were we. Sounds like something my nan would knock up. They love their offal. Pork kidneys are quite nice though. 

 

 

 

 

I must have been foreign in a past life, I always found our cooking atrocious bordering on inedible.. :D

 

2572.jpg?width=720&quality=85&auto=forma

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jesuitsdidit said:

 

Well that is disgraceful.

Cheap and meaningless, just like everything UK government produces.

 

Regarding quality I agree it was not always appetising but given people in UK now know how to cook thanks to Jamie Oliver et al I would imagine school meals ought now to be fairly enjoyable.

school meals is all about profit now with many private catering companies taking over.

Yes the food is a bit more interesting and a lot more choice however there is a lot of junk they make.

Cakes, Muffins, doughnuts etc are very much part of it.

 

I used to work in a school kitchen and kids would spend so much money on the junk- all cashless too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...