Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

26 minutes ago, DarianF said:

Died of a heart attack after a jog, at 56, in the same year as this film.

Didn't Ric Mayall tell everyone to seriously, throw out their TV's just before he died ? I've looked every for this clip. 

Edited by alexa
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, KingKitty said:

The big question is: What's going to happen when they run out of Greek alphabet letters?

They said something about using the names of star constellations a few months ago.

When they name one the 'Andromeda Strain' we'll know they're taking the piss 😂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, soulalways said:

FFS ! PMSL!!!

To be fair this isn't a new theory, the astronomers Fred Hoyle and Chandra Wickramasinghe proposed viruses come from space as a theory years ago. It's interesting, as is it's off-shoot Cosmic Ancestry which is a competing theory to the current neo-Darwinian evolutionary hypothesis.

Basically it proposes lateral gene transfer via 'viruses' is a driving force of evolution. I reserve judgement but I find aspects of it thought provoking.

Link

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dazzer said:

Problem is (from what I've read on a footy forum) most of the population have been begging for the reinstatement of masks for months now, berating doris for not keeping them mandatory after 'freedom day' in July. The covid thread is clogged up with posts complaining at the lack of mask usage in public places.

At this rate they should have us all under house arrest again by December 24th.  If there's any more clapping for the NHS malarkey, I swear I'll  lead a rousing chorus of:

Hooray for the NHS!

Harold Shipman! Yeah!

Beverley Allitt! Yeah!

Liverpool Care Pathway! Yeah!

Fat and thieving nurses! Yeah!

Incompetent and lazy quacks! Yeah!

Tons of Midazolam for us now! Yeah!

Dr Kilmore will see you now! Yeah!

Dr Finisham has oodles of 'ash cash' now! Yeah!

Edited by pete675
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, campanar said:

Omicron hyped up...? probably

https://www.theepochtimes.com/omicron-variant-causes-unusual-but-mild-symptoms-south-african-medical-association-head_4127014.html?slsuccess=1

“It may be it’s highly transmissible, but so far the cases we are seeing are extremely mild,” she said. “Maybe two weeks from now I will have a different opinion, but this is what we are seeing. So are we seriously worried? No. 

Quick!

Everyone mask-up to protect yourself from a very mild disease without symptoms, for which you were vaccinated!

Although this mandate is explicitly for England, there will a huge resurgence of masking in Scotland. 100%

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wondering if I'm going to get more hassle than before not wearing a mask in supermarkets.

In the space of 6 months the security at my local Morrisons and Sainsburys have gone from mostly white security guards to Islamist looking blokes, who are these security firms that the big supermarkets contract out to? 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, CosmoGenesis said:

Wondering if I'm going to get more hassle than before not wearing a mask in supermarkets.

In the space of 6 months the security at my local Morrisons and Sainsburys have gone from mostly white security guards to Islamist looking blokes, who are these security firms that the big supermarkets contract out to? 

If you're concerned about confrontation maybe buy one of these from ebay. People respond to something visual - prolly leave you alone.

Personally I don't mind having the convo with the security folks.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165128267097?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1elGJp8DPSKq__mNsWe8Vag8&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=165128267097&targetid=1394813963940&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=9046309&poi=&campaignid=15278604175&mkgroupid=135429446288&rlsatarget=pla-1394813963940&abcId=9300698&merchantid=113076318&gclid=Cj0KCQiA7oyNBhDiARIsADtGRZbV9qOHrnIkfpSIapzVKbSy9K0fI_qtbVcOVy7iy25gJsFzO21Y33AaAq_yEALw_wcB

10 hours ago, BossCrow said:

1641728326_Screenshot2021-11-27at23-53-05CovidTravelandmaskrulestightenedoverOmicronvariant.png.5aac86d7afc023a01edec0e7d8a133d8.png

Fear-mongering twunts

Apparently, they are in trouble for using 'Christmas' as bait because it's offensive to minorities.

So, how's about no Hanukkah, which commences today, to halt the spread of Omnicon?

Edited by Velma
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, pete675 said:

Larger. As a veteran of the University of Shite ( Russell Group of Shite), I remember that a nanoparticle is < 0.1 micron.

A micrometer is 1 x 10 -6

which is a millionth of a meter

A nanometer is  1 x 10 -9

which is one billionth of a meter

SARS-CoV-2 can vary in length from 9 to 12 nm: https://www.news-medical.net/amp/health/The-Size-of-SARS-CoV-2-Compared-to-Other-Things.aspx

So if you could take some  virus particles, and line them up against a ruler, it would  take around 100,000 particles to fill  the length of 1mm.

Clearly masks are a load of bollox, as the gaps in the weave will look like giant chasms to the particles.

On 11/23/2021 at 12:46 PM, Mr H said:

Yes. What I have noticed, is that along many of these articles lately is the narrative to get tested. Which means they must be looking for excuses to lock us down most likely.

Or just buy freaking loads from our greatest philanthropes who recently bought test factories... This guarantee it will never end until people will act - good luck with this one... 👍

image.jpeg.93fa7305c79cda9492c0b1ffcfa58b58.jpegimage.jpeg.1a63c78638817f531edc4f329c280e69.jpegimage.jpeg.eb19b28315edea44d9ed217d63c930c1.jpeg

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/mar/02/usa.microsoft

image.jpeg.d319d0cc611fe8ac13da9e74420fe5d7.jpegimage.jpeg.fc1c9cbe3cf908cade6c1d785cb9cd00.jpeg They know each other for a while ;)

Bill Gates praises Scottish health workers for global impact - Business  InsiderEtc... And so on. Everything based on human stupidity and naivety... :(

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1