Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

15 minutes ago, alexa said:

This is strange, I was only thinking yesterday, what if I were to advertise a swastika or a golliwog in my car, how many people would it wind up ?:classic_ohmy: I must be tuning into something .:classic_biggrin:

Good luck finding a golliwog nowadays, funnily enough a few years ago they made a comeback as I saw them in some arty crafty shops, but haven’t seen them since. Soon everything will be a trigger for somebody.

5 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Seems like we're all going to be screwed like the Germans soon.

https://reclaimthenet.org/german-man-raided-by-police-after-calling-politician-a-dick-on-twitter/

was reading that yesterday I think... nothing shocks me coming out of Deutschland now - not after that live arrest of some Dr (who disagreed with convid) live while he was doing a youtube stream

and then when a judge overruled the mask in school mandate the Feds overruled him and then raided his home and took all his electronics.

https://ukhumanrightsblog.com/2021/04/28/german-judge-under-police-surveillance-after-ruling-compulsory-mask-wearing-in-schools-unconstitutional/

I know Germany has a similar set up to the US re; States/Federal etc, but I don't think the individual states have as many rights set in stone like the US..

2 minutes ago, Bullion said:

Good luck finding a golliwog nowadays, funnily enough a few years ago they made a comeback as I saw them in some arty crafty shops, but haven’t seen them since. Soon everything will be a trigger for somebody.

I have one, I bought it a few years back. I think you can still buy them on line.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-golliwogs-for-sale-in-a-uk-shop-store-22451951.html

20 minutes ago, skitzorat said:

hahaha... that's funny!

I saw a pic of something that had hung a HANG DAN effigy off a freeway overpass earlier..life size hanging by a rope around it's neck..

Dan wants to outlaw "ridicule" too. We have similar new laws, not as hardcore as the Scottish ones (where you can't say mean things about protected groups in your own home) but more "minority protection" and the nobody minister  mumbled things like mocking politicians... he couldn't explain it... it's one of those "open to interpterion" ones..

The government is considering creating a new, clearer hate speech offence in the Crimes Act, removing it from the Human Rights Act.

That would mean anyone who "intentionally stirs up, maintains or normalises hatred against a protected group" by being "threatening, abusive or insulting, including by inciting violence" would break the law.

The punishment for hate speech offences could also increase - from up to three months' imprisonment or a fine of up to $7000, to up to three years' imprisonment or a fine of up to $50,000.

The groups protected from hate speech could also grow - the government is considering changing the language and widening the incitement provisions in the Human Rights Act.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/445495/hate-speech-govt-plans-new-law-tougher-penalties

You'd have to go looking pretty hard to find any real "Aryan Supremacists" who believe Europeans are better than others, and even harder to find real Neo-Nazis' - somewhere in the Southern USA/Alabama maybe! lol

such a subversion of an powerful symbol - people probably have no idea of it's significance for many, many ancient cultures across the globe!

1629140589_Screenshot2021-02-26134150-min.png.cf93218c4db1cc9c9eb38f443ff77e5a.png

😂Yep Dan wants to lock up his dissenters who ridicule him. I think there may be a huge market for Dan voodoo dolls this Christmas, someone could make a fortune from this💰. There is a lot of propaganda around here about the rise of neo nazis in Australia, where there is none, Dan will pay to make it happen. I think it would literally take years of de programming to reverse people’s perceptions of the swastika, maybe in the new world there’s a chance 🌍 

30 minutes ago, alexa said:

This is strange, I was only thinking yesterday, what if I were to advertise a swastika or a golliwog in my car, how many people would it wind up ?:classic_ohmy: I must be tuning into something .:classic_biggrin:

I had an old book from my parents called Little Black Sambo, which I tried to sell on ebay last year - it very rapidly got de-listed after complaints!

1 minute ago, Mr H said:

I had an old book from my parents called Little Black Sambo, which I tried to sell on ebay last year - it very rapidly got de-listed after complaints!

I believe ebay has a ban on them, I remember having one as child, loved it to bits (literally) :classic_biggrin: 🧒🏿

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr H said:

Should be noted, looks extremely old.....not a recent view

Oh yeah, true. Upload date says 12/09/2021, but it says January on the vid.

jan.jpg

Thanks for pointing that out, I was about to start panicking.

I don't doubt that they would like to crack down hard on dissent, but I guess it's not that simple for them when shitposters are overwhelming the internet to try and push back against their lunacy.

5 minutes ago, alexa said:

I believe ebay has a ban on them, I remember having one as child, loved it to bits (literally) :classic_biggrin: 🧒🏿

My grandfather was a nazi, and his stuff sold very well on ebay - so you should be good with your nazi stuff!

3 minutes ago, Bullion said:

the rise of neo nazis in Australia,

they've been banging that drum since I first moved there in 2011.... and it's only been "ethnic" immigrants who committed horrendous violent crimes; that chocolate shop siege in Sydney and that nutter who went nuts in Burke St mall in Melbs.

they've recently start here too.... as if! 

Action Zealandia, NZ's largest neo-Nazi group, on the hunt for new recruits

9 Aug, 2021 05:30 PM

A neo-Nazi group is attempting to recruit more members across Aotearoa.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/action-zealandia-nzs-largest-neo-nazi-group-on-the-hunt-for-new-recruits/BK56VEKDR5AJE2CMBVNAX2DKRA/

Fucking desperate to cause division and to get people to rat on each other (if they suspect their friend has been radicalized!)

Strangely enough it was some weirdo from another country who did the false flag in Christchurch (they said he was a white supreme pizza but he had questionable ties to Israel) and it was a Muslim refugee who went on a stabbing rampage in an Auckland supermarket recently and an Indian witness said it appeared he was targeting white people!

Nazis there may be, but I'd imagine they just hang out, drink piss and rant to each other about the glorious Reich. lol

3 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Oh yeah, true. Upload date says 12/09/2021, but it says January on the vid.

jan.jpg

Thanks for pointing that out, I was about to start panicking.

I don't doubt that they would like to crack down hard on dissent, but I guess it's not that simple for them when shitposters are overwhelming the internet to try and push back against their lunacy.

Yeah me too when I saw this on youtube, then I thought hang on, Piers got sacked a long time ago.......gave the game away!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skitzorat said:

Nazis there may be, but I'd imagine they just hang out, drink piss and rant to each other about the glorious Reich. lol

Sounds more like neo-Nazis mate, you know the tatted up skinhead types that would probably be called degenerates by real Nazis.

9 minutes ago, Mr H said:

My grandfather was a nazi, and his stuff sold very well on ebay - so you should be good with your nazi stuff!

I used to have an antique shop, I once had a nazi helmet for sale, it happened to be near to poppy day, so I placed a poppy on it, I got a stiff reception for that, Oops.

Edited by alexa
typo
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Sounds more like neo-Nazis mate, you know the tatted up skinhead types that would probably be called degenerates by real Nazis.

typo Mr Literal.😉

I specifically said neo-nazis in both my previous posts😝

2 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

I know, just thought the piss bit was funny. lol

hmmm yeah "getting on the piss" is probably just Aussie/Kiwi slang, eh?

"I got on the piss last night with the boys" /beers

different again from, "I'm really pissed off!" [angry] "so pissed right now"

and different again from, "taking the piss" / [out of someone/mocking] - a "piss-take" if you will lol

4 minutes ago, skitzorat said:

Does this fkn wrench actually believe what she says? I realize its all about division etc, but at this point does she really believe the CNNers still take what she says seriously..

She'll have hers, eventually.

Taken seriously? Never, stupid Wen-ch.

1 minute ago, skitzorat said:

and different again from, "taking the piss" / [out of someone/mocking] - a "piss-take" if you will lol

and of course "fark! I'm busting to take a piss!" "shyt! I've pissed my pants" hahaha

3 minutes ago, skitzorat said:

Does this fkn wrench actually believe what she says? I realize its all about division etc, but at this point does she really believe the CNNers still take what she says seriously..

She'll have hers, eventually.

Another batshit crazy Communist plant that gets blasted into peoples home via the TV goblin. I still haven't forgotten how she was salivating at the idea of American's cancelling their Christmas.

5 minutes ago, skitzorat said:

Okay, my apologies. Thought you meant literally drinking piss. haha

Edited by EnigmaticWorld