Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

19 hours ago, Macnamara said:

a fuckton

conspiracy theorists said that they would mandate the jabs; listen to the threatening rhetoric coming from this clowns mouth:

'Your refusal has cost us all': Biden declares war on the 80M unvaccinated Americans in speech ordering mandates on two-thirds of ALL workers and insists: 'This is not about freedom'

•  President Joe Biden slammed the 80 million Americans who have yet to get a COVD vaccine shot, asking them 'what more is there to wait for'
  • 'We've been patient but our patience is wearing thin. And your refusal has cost all of us,' he said 
  • He ended his nearly 30 minute speech with a whispered plea: 'Get vaccinated' 
  • Biden announced an aggressive new plan to get 100 million employees across the federal government and private sector vaccinated
  • Labor Department to issue a temporary order to require all businesses with 100 or more employees to have them vaccinated or tested weekly 
  • Biden will require all federal workers to be vaccinated
  • Workers will not be given the option of testing out 
  • There will be limited exceptions but any federal employee who refuses the shot can be fired, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Thursday 
  • Federal employees and contractors will have 75 days to get vaccinated 
  • Biden's remarks come as COVID cases continue to rise due to Delta variant  

By Emily Goodin, Senior U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 17:31 EDT, 9 September 2021 | Updated: 18:26 EDT, 9 September 2021

President Joe Biden on Thursday declared war on the 80 million Americans who have yet to get a COVD vaccine and asked them 'what more is there to wait for' as he announced mandates covering two thirds of all workers.

'This is not about freedom or personal choice. It's about protecting yourself and those around you, the people you work with, the people you care about, the people you love. My job as president is to protect all Americans,' he said in remarks in the State Dining Room at the White House.

'We've been patient but our patience is wearing thin. And your refusal has cost all of us. So please do the right thing,' he said. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9975531/Biden-declares-war-80M-unvaccinated-Americans.html

I'm pretty sure declaring war on your own citizens is treason.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ar55 said:

The first stage of grief is always denial, and my goodness are the jabbed in denial today.

What a lot of venom I’ve had from those whom I usually have a cordial back and forth with.

They seem to be spooked by the Government now blatantly going against the science.

I'm a bit behind on posts and was about to reply to your post about the Scottish Government introducing 'vaccine passports'. Aye, grim stuff.

I took the unusual step of emailing my MSP today to voice my vociferous objection. I take the view that 'silence is compliance' (/acceptance/complicity). I know it will do fuck all, apart from getting me added to some list, but I don't want these cunts thinking the general public is okay with this. 

Out and about in Edinburgh today was uplifting - I went out my way to talk to folk and it was the topic on everyone's lips, and not a single person was in favour of passports. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but what good is a passport when the sodding vaccine is ineffective. Essentially they want to coerce the hold-outs into taking the jab by making their life miserable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, DaleP said:

Remember, any surviving kids like the above will be looking after you in the future should you also survive.

I was literally just thinking how for a while now i've being seeing potential future foes in work. I don't think it's doing my mental state any good, but it's nagging. In the first Q of this year i firmly believed that my retail job would require vax passes by this time, Sep or Oct i thought. So we still have some time for that to happen, but now i'm thinking it won't happen until after this winter, precisely for people like me to face the wrath of the zombie army. It's just a retail job; i have other sources of income so i could quit at any time, but i also think why should i? It's an ok job as far as retail goes and provides functions beyond money (not least keeping the job centre off my back), so i'm going to remain defiant for as long as i can.

What will get me first, mandatory vax or zombie attack? Place bets now. lol.

Edited by spideysensei

2 minutes ago, spideysensei said:

I was literally just thinking how for a while now i've being seeing potential future foes in work. I don't think it's doing my mental state any good, but it's nagging. In the first Q of this year i firmly believed that my retail job would require vax passes by this time, Sep or Oct i thought. So we still have some time for that to happen, but now i'm thinking it won't happen until after this winter, precisely for people like me to face the wrath of the zombie army. It's just a retail job; i have other sources of income so i could quit at any time, but i also think why should i? It's an ok job as far as retail goes and provides functions beyond money (not least keeping the job centre off my back), so i'm going to remain defiant for as long as i can.

What will get me first, mandatory vax or zombie attack? Place bets now. lol.

We are already receiving zombie attacks everyday from maskers who gives you dirty look etc ...

Theoretically they cannot make a clinical trial mandatory but they are doing that to health workers so it seems the law is no longer functioning. so yeah, if you like working there, carry on till such day that you need to quiy, maximise your income and all that while you can. Only hold cash you need to pay bills etc and put the rest into that earns good interest...you probably know this.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 4:57 AM, EnigmaticWorld said:

Interesting. I had a suspicion about Silkie Carlo ever since I noticed her on MSM outlets like RT. I didn't really read too much into it as I noticed others here sharing BBW tweets. The spider web is crazy.

I remember this character from years ago.

She's prabably works for the alphabets. Wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Not Thoth said:

I'm pretty sure declaring war on your own citizens is treason.

I'm pretty sure it's a lot more than 80 million too. Anyway, this isn't Biden speaking. Obama has his hand up one trouser leg and Susan Rice has her hand up the other. Biden might not last until Christmas.

53 minutes ago, Dickwan said:

I'm a bit behind on posts and was about to reply to your post about the Scottish Government introducing 'vaccine passports'. Aye, grim stuff.

I took the unusual step of emailing my MSP today to voice my vociferous objection. I take the view that 'silence is compliance' (/acceptance/complicity). I know it will do fuck all, apart from getting me added to some list, but I don't want these cunts thinking the general public is okay with this. 

Out and about in Edinburgh today was uplifting - I went out my way to talk to folk and it was the topic on everyone's lips, and not a single person was in favour of passports. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but what good is a passport when the sodding vaccine is ineffective. Essentially they want to coerce the hold-outs into taking the jab by making their life miserable. 

What do you think of Douglas Ross voting against it?

I viewed it as a subtle tactic to get people on board with passports, as many are hardwired to oppose anything the Tories want.

Either that or it was to make him rejecting it the main story, as opposed to the attack on our freedom.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ar55 said:

What do you think of Douglas Ross voting against it?

I viewed it as a subtle tactic to get people on board with passports, as many are hardwired to oppose anything the Tories want.

Either that or it was to make him rejecting it the main story, as opposed to the attack on our freedom.

On face value I was quite heartened (and surprised) by Douglas Ross, but as you suggest it's probably a tactical move. I would like to think he's standing up for our freedom, but in reality it's probably just a political manoeuvre towards a longer term goal.

I was walking around with a face like thunder today, blood pressure through the roof. I suppose in the initial phase it comes down to 'how will this effect me directly' - couldn't give a fuck about nightclubs etc as I'm too old those, but the prospect of being turned away from Easter Road come October makes my blood boil. Plus, today it's large public gatherings, tomorrow it's shops and public transports. Davie Icke was spot-on with calling it the totalitarian tiptoe.

Edited by Dickwan
oops, I called Douglas Ross 'Ross Douglas' (not that it makes much difference)
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Dickwan said:

On face value I was quite heartened (and surprised) by Douglas Ross, but as you suggest it's probably a tactical move. I would like to think he's standing up for our freedom, but in reality it's probably just a political manoeuvre towards a longer term goal.

I was walking around with a face like thunder today, blood pressure through the roof. I suppose in the initial phase it comes down to 'how will this effect me directly' - couldn't give a fuck about nightclubs etc as I'm too old those, but the prospect of being turned away from Easter Road come October makes my blood boil. Plus, today it's large public gatherings, tomorrow it's shops and public transports. Davie Icke was spot-on with calling it the totalitarian tiptoe.

I’m old enough to go clubbing and will miss it, as I will with the football too.

However, it’s not worth risking a brain haemorrhage or lifelong heart condition for.

• Like 5

Second fire I have heard about at a hospital, after that hospital burned down in Macedonia due to apparently oxygen tank issue. 

Now in the news massive fire at St John's Hospital New York US. Fire crews at the scene say most of the blaze has been extinguished.

Edited by SimonTV