Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

2 hours ago, webtrekker said:

In other news: A 3-legged man nicknamed 'Jake' was seen chasing Two Little Boys as the Sun Arose this morning. He's been arrested and will appear soon in The Court Of King Caractacus.

Please don’t talk about Jake’s ‘extra leg’😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Golden Retriever said:

This will rightly be the line in the sand for many parents. 

According to the Gillick competence assessment, if the child refuses to give consent, the decision can be overruled by the parents. But if the child agrees to give consent, it can't be overruled by the parents.

"Where a health professional accepts the consent of a Gillick competent child it cannot be overruled by the child's parent. However, where the same child refuses consent then they may obtain it from another person with parental responsibility who can consent to treatment on the child's behalf."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4962726/

A few weeks ago somebody in this thread posted a link to job adverts for vaccination nurses to assess and jab schoolkids in the south of England.
https://www.healthjobsuk.com/job_list?JobSearch_q=School+immunisation+&JobSearch_d=&JobSearch_g=&JobSearch_re=_POST&JobSearch_re_0=1&JobSearch_re_1=1-_-_-&JobSearch_re_2=1-_-_--_-_-&JobSearch_Submit=Search&_tr=JobSearch&_ts=996

The job description says they'll be using the Gillick competence assessment. Applications need to be in by 9th of September.

"Detailed job description and main responsibilities"
"To undertake Gillick Competency Assessment for relevant pupils according to VUK policy and advise and immunise these pupils accordingly, in order to ensure that they are protected in a timely manner."
https://www.healthjobsuk.com/job/UK/Bedfordshire/Wymondham_Norfolk/Vaccination_UK_Ltd/Health_Professionals/Health_Professionals-v3452667?_ts=1

• Thanks 1

Thinking about GP's not returning to face to face visits, whereas dentists are all back and at very close proximity with people who can't wear a mask because they are looking at the patient's teeth.

Makes me wonder if doctors not being easily accesible is absolutely ideal for this government at the moment, as people can't easily talk about any vaccine side effects with a medical expert.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 8:09 PM, EnigmaticWorld said:

Cheers, will have a read. Was just reading about the writer.

fhgfhf.jpg

Now I'm going to be off down a bigger rabbit hole.

I find it hard to believe that anyone doesn't know Alan Moore, but hey ho...

On 9/2/2021 at 8:46 PM, Golden Retriever said:

It's astonishing how Stephen Fry was accepted into Cambridge University. Must be the Auschwitz

connection.

"He ultimately failed his A-Levels, not turning up for his English and French papers. Over the summer, Fry absconded with a credit card stolen from a family friend. He had taken a coat when leaving a pub, planning to spend the night sleeping rough, but had then discovered the card in a pocket.  He was arrested in Swindon and, as a result, spent three months in Pucklechurch Prison on remand."  (Now a sex offenders prison).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Fry

Stephen Fry claims he took cocaine at Buckingham Palace and the House of  Lords in new book - Mirror Online

You used to get into Oxbridge by taking an entrance exam BEFORE A levels (some people did it after them). so lots of people at those unis got bad A levels as there was no need to bother with them after you'd been accepted via the entrance exam

15 minutes ago, k_j_evans said:

Alan Moore hated the film and disowned it. Mustn't diss him or he'll turn you into a toad

It's not just about the film though, he seems to be a subversive lying character too, which is why I also pointed him out.

fhfdht.jpg

"no-one is in control"

Yeah, tell that to the WHO, Bill Gates, and the WEF etc.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld

1 minute ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

It's not just about the film though, he seems to be a subversive lying character too, which is why I also pointed him out.

fhfdht.jpg

"no-one is in control"

Yeah, tell that to the WHO, Bill Gates, and the WEF etc.

The fact that he's a good writer doesn't mean you have to agree with him or believe everything he says - but be careful, he's a wizard

Freedom forever under a dangling sword of Damocles, and yet another assault on language as part of a years-long campaign to rob our very words of meaning.

And while all this may seem incredibly cynical, if you haven’t become incredibly cynical in the last two years, then you weren’t paying attention.

https://off-guardian.org/2021/09/02/how-and-why-israel-changed-what-fully-vaccinated-means/

40 minutes ago, k_j_evans said:

The fact that he's a good writer doesn't mean you have to agree with him or believe everything he says - but be careful, he's a wizard

Not bothered, I now have trove of info on him thanks to other anons, and I probably have lots of folks trying to put curses on me anyway.

Without going too off-topic, it's not about whether I believe in him about trivial things, it's about whether I think he pushes poison.

hvgjhvjh.jpg

Sounds like a subversive nut to me, but I will leave folks alone and make a thread on it when I can be bothered.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld

Nike has given its head office employees in the US a week off to “destress” and recover from the pressures of the Covid-19 pandemic.

The sportswear and trainers brand said workers at its headquarters in Oregon would be “powering down” until Friday, with senior leaders encouraging staff to ignore all work responsibilities to aid their mental health.'

“Take the time to unwind, destress and spend time with your loved ones. Do not work,” the Nike senior manager of global marketing science, Matt Marrazzo, said in an open message to staff posted on LinkedIn.

http://web.archive.org/web/20210831223535/https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2021/aug/31/nike-closes-head-office-bumble-covid-pandemic

Those poor souls. 

"powering down" - sewing more "climate change/lockdown" seeds in the collective consciousness by sprinkling the language throughout articles that have nothing at all to do with it!

I'm always on the watch for this, (thanks first year Psychology.) 

8 hours ago, bluey bluey said:

I bought myself a new pair of binoculars yesterday, for bird watching. A resident in my sheltered housing complex asked to have a look at them. As I began to move towards her she shouted stop, don't move, you must always keep at least 6 feet away from me at all times, I shall instruct my vaccinated friend to pass me the binoculars. I felt like a leper, but insisted it must be 12 feet as I didn't want to risk my health because of her shedding. Is ignorance catching? if so I had better make that 100 feet, good job I have my new binoculars.

After all that....she touched your binoculars? 🤣

1 hour ago, k_j_evans said:

You used to get into Oxbridge by taking an entrance exam BEFORE A levels (some people did it after them). so lots of people at those unis got bad A levels as there was no need to bother with them after you'd been accepted via the entrance exam

I was mainly making the point about Stephen Fry's criminal record and not his exam results.

"His path to comedic fame was never assured; at only seventeen, he spent three months in prison for credit card fraud.  Laughing, he tells me that he remains thankful that he was never asked whether he had a criminal record in his interview"

https://www.varsity.co.uk/news/12845

1 hour ago, webtrekker said:

Haha! Nice collection of Memes there. 👍

This is a Peekay classic.  I needed to listen a couple of times to catch all the horses' names!

Spoiler alert. "The Big Prick" ridden by little Willy Gates and trained by his partner Manlinda Gates  was put down.🤣

Edited by Golden Retriever
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1