Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

5 minutes ago, Pop Goes The Weasel said:

Depends how you read it. It does not say he is the youngest covid victim. Meningitis came be caused by bacterial or viral infection. I agree it's worded poorly but it does not state he is the youngest covid victim.

??

Read the part at the bottom, it says exactly that. 

1 hour ago, Human10 said:

This is the best one indeed xD

If I had time, I'd stand at the entrance of vaccine centre wearing a yellow vest and hand this print out as I say "Greetings, enjoy your journey." ....with a smile of course.

39 minutes ago, Dazzer said:

??

Read the part at the bottom, it says exactly that. 

I've been on the Herald Suns websites etc. The writing at the bottom has been added and was not part of the actual published news article. I like to check these things. A lie is a lie no matter who is telling it; I detest lies.

22 minutes ago, Pop Goes The Weasel said:

I've been on the Herald Suns websites etc. The writing at the bottom has been added and was not part of the actual published news article. I like to check these things. A lie is a lie no matter who is telling it; I detest lies.

The Herald Sun post (top half of the image) says the same thing - 'the youngest Australian victim of the virus'. Still up on their site- https://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=HSWEB_WRE170_a&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.heraldsun.com.au%2Fcoronavirus%2F15yearold-osama-suduh-has-died-in-hospital-of-covid-and-meningitis%2Fnews-story%2Fc71845d2b5f0fa17fe43ddbc1b5c87ad&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&nk=b75317c86b4b2b640418884cac0c15a3-1629141503

edit- actually it's worded differently there,. 'while battling the virus'. Maybe they edited it later, who knows.

I've seen the BBC claim a child died 'from' and 'with' covid in the same report many times. They're always contradicting themselves.

Edited by BossCrow

1 hour ago, BossCrow said:

WTF? Hadn't seen this before. They're admitting it's a poison?

Public Health Act 2016 (WA) – Instrument of Authorisation – Authorisation to Supply or Administer a Poison [SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19) VACCINE – Australian Defence Force] (No.2) 2021

https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/public-health-act-2016-wa-instrument-of-authorisation-authorisation-supply-or-administer-poison-sars-cov-2-covid-19-vaccine-australian-defence-force-no2-2021

At least in Australia. I thought it's how they call the virus - but when you open the pdf file - it's clear they talk about vaccine as a poison xD

"state of emergency, to authorise a person to supply or administer a poison"

"Carry out the functions in line with the requirements for supply and administration of Schedule 4 medicines in the Medicines and Poisons"

33 minutes ago, Pop Goes The Weasel said:

it's on their twitter:

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Human10 said:

At least in Australia. I thought it's how they call the virus - but when you open the pdf file - it's clear they talk about vaccine as a poison xD

"state of emergency, to authorise a person to supply or administer a poison"

"Carry out the functions in line with the requirements for supply and administration of Schedule 4 medicines in the Medicines and Poisons"

Thanks. Hadn't looked at the PDF. Just found this- https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/scheduling-of-medicines-and-poisons 

Anyone know if there any other 'medicines' in schedule 6? The other things I've found in this schedule are insecticides/pesticides.

Schedule 6

Poison – Chemicals with a moderate risk of causing harm. They need special packaging with a strong warning and safety directions on the label.

Edited by BossCrow
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BossCrow said:

Thanks. Hadn't looked at the PDF. Just found this- https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/scheduling-of-medicines-and-poisons 

Anyone know if there any other 'medicines' in schedule 6? The other things I've found in this schedule are insecticides/pesticides.

Schedule 6

Poison – Chemicals with a moderate risk of causing harm. They need special packaging with a strong warning and safety directions on the label.

I think it's schedule 4 for covid poison ;)))

Interesting I saw comment about covid in Afghanistan in a paper and I checked out their death total recorded. Covid seems to be almost non-existent in this country. 7,000! Maybe countries could learn from their covid policy? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pop Goes The Weasel said:

Depends how you read it. It does not say he is the youngest covid victim. Meningitis came be caused by bacterial or viral infection. I agree it's worded poorly but it does not state he is the youngest covid victim.

Dunno mate maybe like me you spend to much time reading.🤨🤭