Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

25 minutes ago, Prometheus said:

Hmmm, isnt 'Misinformation' actually just 'Fakenews'.

Michael, what was accomplished by this protest. What changed? Where the restrictions against protesting removed, was that accomplished?

Out numbering the Polices attempts at crowd control does what? It gives you the opportunity to do those things required for real change but no-one dares do them nor would I even speak of those actions because that is line over which power and consequence become serious.

I already told you how i see it.

Change comes gradual. Thinking that one protest brings this to an end is unrealistic anyway. No one expects that.

You make small victories on the way to your goal and if you are met with all arround postivity from your fellow citizens that take part in it, thats something that can give you some hope.

We have seen people waving from their windows and balconies all arround. We made it happen to even protest without permission (never happend before). So people just did it. They didnt wait. They just took the streets and even though the police really tried very hard to stop it by its origin, there were protests in several parts of the city, many many marches at the same time. Basically impossible to control it all.

Protests are one part of many parts that can be of help for you and for others. You do not need to seek the cure-it-all weapon in it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bombadil said:

You know, that a cool coincidence. Was looking for cheaper steam games etc. Found a link for humblebundle. Never heard of them before about an hour ago. Drawn straight to the survival bundle and bought the lot.

Didn’t notice the mask.

8 minutes ago, Bombadil said:

You know, that a cool coincidence. Was looking for cheaper steam games etc. Found a link for humblebundle. Never heard of them before about an hour ago. Drawn straight to the survival bundle and bought the lot.

Been using them since they started. Got some great games, dev assets, and all kinds of other creative software from them over the years.

I slowed down a bit though because I have about 900 games on Steam, as well as some on other platforms like Origin and Uplay, but most of them I haven't even touched. I mostly just play the same few games that my friends are on. That's the problem with consumerism and impulse buying though I guess. I like supporting smaller indie studios that bring fresh ideas to the table though.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

Suggestion for a meme:

A map of the world 2030 with each country a different dystopia.

UK: The Prisoner/1984

USA: Brave New World. "Muh freedums"

OZ: Hunger Games

Canada: Fahrenheit 451.

France: Gattaca.

Germany: Truman.

China: China.

Israel: They Live.

Russia: THX1138.

Sounds fairly simple, I will give it a shot.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Michael said:

I already told you how i see it.

Change comes gradual. Thinking that one protest brings this to an end is unrealistic anyway. No one expects that.

You make small victories on the way to your goal and if you are met with all arround postivity from your fellow citizens that take part in it, thats something that can give you some hope.

We have seen people waving from their windows and balconies all arround. We made it happen to even protest without permission (never happend before). So people just did it. They didnt wait. They just took the streets and even though the police really tried very hard to stop it by its origin, there were protests in several parts of the city, many many marches at the same time. Basically impossible to control it all.

Protests are one part of many parts that can be of help for you and for others. You do not need to seek the cure-it-all weapon in it.

Absolutely... bringing about change in the mindsets, in what people can educate themselves with and even finding new friends and acquaintances of like mind...all positive. It's disturbing that some people want to curtail the free-flow of information by word of mouth as it evident at protests. Nice to see a positive take on it. The thread gets derailed by naysayers all the time. The best part is putting it together who is 'friends or accomplices' with whom on here. ;-)  - I hope you keep pushing ahead with your activism.  

Edited by Beaujangles
  • Like 3

Disclaimer: The AURS is a satirical critique by political candidate David Alexander Bramante, in association with his campaign David Bramante for Governor 2021.

David is hoping to point out how dangerously close our society is to having a company like AURS exist, and a world where friends, family and neighbors are reporting each other to authorities.

The emergency orders and government mandates must end, especially those involving vaccinations. David is the only candidate not accepting donations for his bid as California Governor.

Please help get David elected in the upcoming September 14, 2021 recall election, by spreading this website, its meaning, and by pledging your vote. For more information about his campaign, visit www.DavidBramante.com.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Prometheus said:

https://aursonline.com/

No fucking way...

Screenshot_20210802-215202.png.44543923df9fe67fb885df3e81b5b487.png

Disclaimer: The AURS is a satirical critique by political candidate David Alexander Bramante, in association with his campaign David Bramante for Governor 2021.

David is hoping to point out how dangerously close our society is to having a company like AURS exist, and a world where friends, family and neighbors are reporting each other to authorities.

https://aursonline.com/about/

• Like 1

Crikey! This could so easily happen and there is a groundwork being prepared for it now. It is bizarre being inside a real life 1984 novel!

Edited by RobinJ
  • Like 2

AURS REPORT - NOT FILED

AURS is political satire to help wake people up to the threats on our civil liberties. 

If you’re like a lot of people visiting this website, then you’re shocked, pissed or disgusted by the concept of a company like AURS. We’re not far from this company being a reality. 

My name is David Alexander Bramante, and I’m running for California Governor in the recall election 2021, which is on September 14th. The recent California government mandates regarding COVID-19 are threatening our democracy. 

It sounds crazy, but I really believe that and I need you to support my fight for democracy. I am the only candidate NOT accepting any political donations. I’ve been blocked out of the major debates (like the Nixon Foundation) because I’m not a celebrity or professional politician. 

We don’t need another professional politician, we need a real person representing the real every day issues facing California, most pressing are the attacks on our civil liberties. I’m running as a Republican, but I believe in freedom of choice, freedom of speech, privacy AND reaching across party lines. Please spread the word, recall Gavin Newsom, and hire me as your new Governor. 

I will only have 5 months to finish out Newsom’s term, and that means my singular focus is to immediately ending ALL emergency orders, and stopping every single mandate in California and its counties and cities.

David-Bramante-Headshot-July-27-2021-Square-768x768.png.dc678438a0eff71134dffd5e85cb2290.png

20 hours ago, skitzorat said:

Even through the centuries of bitter bloody warfare between the English and the Scots (and to a lessor extent the Welsh) I can't imagine them thinking of each other "foreign invaders" in the sense I was trying to express...a hated hostile force definitely, but not foreign in the same way if say a French army had landed in Dover (on behalf of the Scots for instance)...

Absolutely they would have been thought of as alien and foreign, speaking different languages and having different cultures as they did/do. Even within scotland there was that divide between highlanders and lowlanders

When edward I sacked berwick upon tweed from the scots he slaughtered all of the inhabitants (by some accounts as many as 15,000 people). How's that for hostile? That town now remains to this day part of england....technically

I dunno, it was just a musing when trying to think why the Brits have been so passive by comparison to their European counterparts

easy living: many have been given a very easy ride on government furlough money. A lot of people have had a very good lockdown

Edited by Macnamara

It’s a tad frustrating that Watson - like quite a few in the ‘truth’ movement - still thinks that convid is real (as bad as the sheep really, not doing proper research), but he does put out some salient points.

Australia Has Fallen

4 minutes ago, blowonthepie said:

It’s a tad frustrating that Watson - like quite a few in the ‘truth’ movement - still thinks that convid is real (as bad as the sheep really, not doing proper research), but he does put out some salient points.

Australia Has Fallen

A lot of the MAGA shills push the muh Chicom bioweapon BS. It's just the other side of the dialectic to the left, but pushing the same crap.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

if all the protest isn't translated into RIGHT ACTION then we will simply carry on on our current trajectory into technocratic enslavement

a stern parent isn't going to give a child another sweetie just because they threw a tantrum

without action that's all the protests are: tantrums

so the question now is: what actions to take?

what does each individual need to do within their own life to subvert the elites agenda?

what can you do that the elites don't want you to do? Or what can you refuse to do which the elites want you to do? Write down ideas, brainstorm it, push this thinking into EVERY aspect of your life and then LIVE THAT CHANGE and if enough people do the same we might just have a chance

Edited by Macnamara

18 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

I dunno, it was just a musing when trying to think why the Brits have been so passive by comparison to their European counterparts

18 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

easy living: many have been given a very easy ride on government furlough money. A lot of people have had a very good lockdown

I’ve been wondering the same about Oz @skitzorat; I am majorly astonished that they have sat back and taken it as they have; thought they would be the least likely.

Im not surprised about kiwis though; it’s been very easy here - most of the time you’d think nothing was going on at all, and complacency - on the whole, is the norm.

7 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

if all the protest isn't translated into RIGHT ACTION then we will simply carry on on our current trajectory into technocratic enslavement

a stern parent isn't going to give a child another sweetie just because they threw a tantrum

without action that's all the protests are: tantrums

so the question now is: what actions to take?

what does each individual need to do within their own life to subvert the elites agenda?

what can you do that the elites don't want you to do? Or what can you refuse to do which the elites want you to do? Write down ideas, brainstorm it, push this thinking into EVERY aspect of your life and then LIVE THAT CHANGE and if enough people do the same we might just have a chance

I don’t believe the protests are ‘tantrums’ myself.

They are growing and gathering momentum, drawing more and more people in, even though it appears to be happening so slowly.

And I believe individuals will eventually come to ‘subvert the agenda’, will ‘live that change’.

Imo you can see it happening now.

• Like 1