Jump to content

Coronavirus Mega-Thread.


numnuts
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

 To clarify your comment.

 

The policeman punched the 70 year woman in the stomach right? Because that's what I saw on the video.

 

Yes. Seems to me first someone is loosely holding her back, then she goes into help young person in front of her. Police officer seems to punch with left fist to her abdomen then shoves her down. At least that the way it appeared when I looked before. Sorry on review seems to be right fist.

Edited by Bombadil
Fact checking
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Police Scotland confirmed they were called to Pollock Halls of Residence, on the edge of the Holyrood Park, after "informants" raised concerns the parties were breaching regulations that prevent more than one household mixing indoors. Insp Hughes said officers had broken up a number of small parties of five to seven students with people who were "clearly not from the same household". They have also been told they cannot return home under coronavirus laws in Scotland as they are deemed to have formed a new household with those they are now living with.

 

A first-year student living in another block at Pollock Halls told the BBC there was a "pretty weird vibe" around the university.

 

"There's always police here now. It feels like we're being watched 24-7 which is a bit scary," she said.

 

"My friend's in Holland House and she said that the whole of the Holland House blocks had been locked down and there's been people patrolling to make sure that no-one's leaving."

 

Angus Graham-Rack, a first-year at the University of Edinburgh, said the restrictions placed on students had been a "kick in the teeth".

 

"We were all encouraged to come to halls of residence and meet new people, yet are now are being criticised for doing so," he said.

 

"We are all left wondering why we even bothered moving here since nobody I know has had any face-to-face interactions with staff yet - we may as well have done the course from home.

 

"It feels like we've been completely cheated as we were promised at least some sort of a student experience in the midst of the pandemic, yet now we're essentially confined to our own flats with signs plastered around the building ordering us to not socialise."

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54307846

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Velma said:

Police Scotland confirmed they were called to Pollock Halls of Residence, on the edge of the Holyrood Park, after "informants" raised concerns the parties were breaching regulations that prevent more than one household mixing indoors. Insp Hughes said officers had broken up a number of small parties of five to seven students with people who were "clearly not from the same household". They have also been told they cannot return home under coronavirus laws in Scotland as they are deemed to have formed a new household with those they are now living with.

 

A first-year student living in another block at Pollock Halls told the BBC there was a "pretty weird vibe" around the university.

 

"There's always police here now. It feels like we're being watched 24-7 which is a bit scary," she said.

 

"My friend's in Holland House and she said that the whole of the Holland House blocks had been locked down and there's been people patrolling to make sure that no-one's leaving."

 

Angus Graham-Rack, a first-year at the University of Edinburgh, said the restrictions placed on students had been a "kick in the teeth".

 

"We were all encouraged to come to halls of residence and meet new people, yet are now are being criticised for doing so," he said.

 

"We are all left wondering why we even bothered moving here since nobody I know has had any face-to-face interactions with staff yet - we may as well have done the course from home.

 

"It feels like we've been completely cheated as we were promised at least some sort of a student experience in the midst of the pandemic, yet now we're essentially confined to our own flats with signs plastered around the building ordering us to not socialise."

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54307846

"We may as well have done the course from home". As I posted a few days ago we are now starting to see what the future of education is going to be. No more schools, no more colleges, no more universities. All education will be done at home on line. Eventually taught by A.I robots which will look so life like kids and parents will not know the teachers are not real people. STAY HOME, CONTROL THE VIRUS, SAVE LIVES.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

 

Yeah, probably damage control. They only poll people who read their paper, hardly a wide demographic to be fair.

I'm not so sure. Most of the people I talk to seem to think we should have made the lockdown a lot longer and all of them firmly believe that Covid19 is a real and present threat to them. None of them are remotely interested in any other view than what comes from the main stream press and media. They would rather about 'Nicola' Sturgeon as if she was some kind of close friend who has their best interests at heart. Most of the women I work with prefer in depth conversations about what design of material they want for a face mask -  as if it was a fashion accessory.  If they are indicative of the great british public, then we truly are fucked.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, banjo dog said:

"We may as well have done the course from home". As I posted a few days ago we are now starting to see what the future of education is going to be. No more schools, no more colleges, no more universities. All education will be done at home on line. Eventually taught by A.I robots which will look so life like kids and parents will not know the teachers are not real people. STAY HOME, CONTROL THE VIRUS, SAVE LIVES.

 

This makes for sad reading, but to me it only adds to what I said a couple of days ago. However much we distrust people like BoJo and Sturgeon (and leaders worldwide), they must have a modicum of intelligence/compassion to have reached the pinnacle of politics in their countries, so if you accept that, there can only be one reason why they are behaving as they are, in the face of what is now insurmountable evidence. They have guns to their heads. Either destroy your economies and social structure from within, which saves some lives, or we'll do it for you in a way that would make Spanish flu look like a blip. At least this way BoJo, Sturgeon etc have some warped sense of 'doing the right thing' and are able to come across as so, knowing what the alternative is.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Coldrum said:

@ GR 

The Zionist owned shit sheets will be going full spin now ...as planned , plod trying to insight a riot , 

Just reading the sheeps comments and reactions makes me want to stick my head in an oven , complete madness

 

 

Don't despair 🙂

 

Read the great comments on this Guardian (of all places) video.

 

i.e.

 

"The headlines to this should read “police ignite violence at a peaceful protest” we watched this live, there are hundreds of versions from peoples mobile phones being uploaded we saw the truth you can’t keep hiding it anymore"

 

 

Edited by Golden Retriever
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Shy Talk said:

 

This makes for sad reading, but to me it only adds to what I said a couple of days ago. However much we distrust people like BoJo and Sturgeon (and leaders worldwide), they must have a modicum of intelligence/compassion to have reached the pinnacle of politics in their countries, so if you accept that, there can only be one reason why they are behaving as they are, in the face of what is now insurmountable evidence. They have guns to their heads. Either destroy your economies and social structure from within, which saves some lives, or we'll do it for you in a way that would make Spanish flu look like a blip. At least this way BoJo, Sturgeon etc have some warped sense of 'doing the right thing' and are able to come across as so, knowing what the alternative is.

I don't actually feel Nicola Sturgeon has any gun to her head. I think she is either, thick enough that she actually believes there really is a virus or is totally getting off on a power trip. Actually, it's probably both.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Shy Talk said:

 

This makes for sad reading, but to me it only adds to what I said a couple of days ago. However much we distrust people like BoJo and Sturgeon (and leaders worldwide), they must have a modicum of intelligence/compassion to have reached the pinnacle of politics in their countries, so if you accept that, there can only be one reason why they are behaving as they are, in the face of what is now insurmountable evidence. They have guns to their heads. Either destroy your economies and social structure from within, which saves some lives, or we'll do it for you in a way that would make Spanish flu look like a blip. At least this way BoJo, Sturgeon etc have some warped sense of 'doing the right thing' and are able to come across as so, knowing what the alternative is.

 

She's corrupt. Don't vote for organised crimes against humanity.

 

th?id=OIP.CdMVQPsLsesQLwecMvhtNwHaFj%26p

Edited by Golden Retriever
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

 

Don't despair 🙂

 

Read the comments on this Guardian (of all places) video.

 

 

@ GR thanks 

Wrong choice of words on my behalf ,i only have an electric oven and cant afford to waste electric ... Out of reactions so cheers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • lake locked and unlocked this topic
  • lake locked this topic
  • lake unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...