Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

Just now, shadowmoon said:

Saves me looking then..

I wonder why they are turned off.

maybe to stop people calling him out.

well here is another video they visited the hospital.

Apparently the woman is Claire Higgins and she was in for a disciplinary.

So make it what you will

• Like 1

Tuned into alex belfield. I know some people are not keen here but it feels like its starting to 'sink in' listening to the callers. A mixture of aware people, to the damn tight bewildered, confused. Buisnesses and livlihoods going down the pan. All very sad. Someone rang in about icke lol. P

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jack said:

maybe to stop people calling him out.

well here is another video they visited the hospital.

Apparently the woman is Claire Higgins and she was in for a disciplinary.

So make it what you will

The other lady in the first vid has an axe to grind.. how much does this detract from what she is stating she saw?

2 hours ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

I found this video very upsetting but I think it is important to share the reality of what is taking place.

This poor woman - the pain and loneliness is etched so hauntingly over her face. I think most people, if given the choice, would rather a shorter but happier old age than a longer one spent locked up in misery. I still cannot fathom why the masses don't get this and why they think lockdown is benefiting the elderly and vulnerable.

difficult decision time really isnt it.

One hand we say protect the elderly so we can go free

or don't protect the elderly so we can go free

18 minutes ago, kestrel said:

This is OLD news and has been possibly debunked - the thing about rt i.e. reverse transcript meaning that the sequence specified is reversed for test. Hence it is NOT Chromosome 8 part as suggested. Look on this forum for this being discussed previously. eg

WE are closng in on you...you lying psychos

Daily telegraph this evening

Jump to navigation

Revealed: Sir Patrick Vallance has £600,000 shareholding in firm contracted to develop vaccines

Government denies claims of potential conflict of interest, maintaining he is not involved in commercial decisions on coronavirus vaccines

ByCharles Hymas, HOME AFFAIRS EDITOR and Gareth Walsh23 September 2020 • 9:00pm
Sit Patrick at a briefing on COVID-19 measures, as the number of coronavirus cases grow around the world, in London, Britain, March 19, 2020. REUTERS/Simon Dawson/File Photo

The UK’s chief scientific adviser has a £600,000 shareholding in a drugs giant contracted to develop a Covid-19 vaccine for the Government, prompting claims of a potential conflict of interest.

Sir Patrick Vallance, who also chairs the Government’s expert advisory panel on vaccines, holds a deferred bonus of 43,111 shares in GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) worth £600,000 from his time as president of the multinational drug company, the Telegraph can reveal.

He has already cashed in more than £5 million worth of shares he received from the company during his tenure from 2012 until March 2018, when he became the Government’s chief scientific officer.

Accounts show he held 404,201 GSK shares when he left, worth £6.1 million at current values.

In July, GSK and drugs multinational Sanofi agreed a deal with the UK Government to supply it with up to 60 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine, subject to final contract.

It has a similar deal with the US Government for an initial 100 million doses as part of Donald Trump’s Operation Warp Speed

Advertisement

Earlier this week at the televised briefing heralding the latest Covid-19 crackdown (see video below), Sir Patrick predicted the first few doses of an effective Covid-19 vaccine might be available before the end of this year, but said it was far more likely any breakthrough will happen during the first six months of 2021.

A senior Tory MP and former Cabinet minister said Sir Patrick should have disclosed his interest.

“The policy of this Government is to try to suppress Covid-19 at every opportunity until we get a vaccine,” said the MP.

“That makes it more likely that a vaccine will be prioritised by the Government and he happens to be holding shares in one of the leading companies that are developing it. It is a potential conflict of interest."

“If he is making decisions on vaccines and advising the Government on them, then he either needs to divest himself of the shares or make a declaration every time he touches on the subject.

"In the Commons, every time MPs raise an issue in which there is a registered interest,  they have to declare it. Every time he is talking about vaccines or on TV, he should put it on the table."

A Government spokesman confirmed Sir Patrick, seen here entering Downing Street for this week's Covid-19 announcement, held a deferred share bonus which would mature in April 2021 but refused to reveal the number of shares or disclose their value CREDIT: Ben STANSALL/AFP

GSK is one of more than 20 drug firms racing to develop a Covid-19 vaccine. The successful companies stand to make millions. The US Government has already provided £1.65 billion to GSK-Sanofi to support the development of its vaccine, including clinical trials.

GSK’s share price rose by nearly two per cent after it announced its partnership with Sanofi to manufacture hundreds of millions of doses, if human clinical trials due to begin shortly go to plan.

A Government spokesman confirmed Sir Patrick held a deferred share bonus which would mature in April 2021 but refused to reveal the number of shares or disclose their value.

He said he had sold his other GSK shares before starting his Government role or after a mandatory holding period.

"Upon his appointment, appropriate steps were taken to manage the Government chief scientific adviser’s (GCSA) interests in line with advice provided at the time,” said the spokesman.

Sir Patrick is “closely involved” in the operations of the Government’s vaccines taskforce as well as chairing the expert advisory panel on vaccines, according to Whitehall sources.

However, the spokesman said: “The GCSA has no input into contractual and commercial decisions on vaccine procurement which are taken by ministers following a robust cross-Government approvals regime.”

On the council for science and technology register, his personal and business interests state: “GSK shareholdings (mandatory holding period for deferred bonus).

Global Health 
      •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    •  
    •  
    •  

Edited by kj35
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I listened to Killing Joke's album Pylon a couple of years ago and the following song has been in my minds eye ever since.

Someone shared Ian Brown's Little Seeds song a couple of posts back, so I thought I might share this with you all, it is heavy so might not be to everyone's liking. 

• Like 3

Just heard that Pratt Hancock talking on lie news saying that there's now a Long Covid which can last for months and months and can include finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning and aches and pains. Hahaha. Well that's me every morning, he's got to be kidding. Can't bare to look at that smarmy little evil man now. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jaquiby said:

Just heard that Pratt Hancock talking on lie news saying that there's now a Long Covid which can last for months and months and can include finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning and aches and pains. Hahaha. Well that's me every morning, he's got to be kidding. Can't bare to look at that smarmy little evil man now. 

It used to be called 'post viral fatigue'. 

He's so out of his depth .

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jaquiby said:

Is it any wonder that people wake with aches and pains with all the fear and anxiety the bastard government and media have put us through with the fear mongering over this bullshit virus and lockdown. I’ve suffered from anxiety and panic disorder for years and I usually wake with aches and pains due to anxiety and stress causing muscle tension in sleep.

Edited by Artmuzz
  • Like 1

MRSA CURED THANKS TO COVID !!!

I've got a minor op in a couple of weeks and I've duly been given my covid swab test date before I'm allowed in the hospital. Back in the day I'd  have had an mrsa swab but NO MORE....not necessary .....thank the GODS they've obviously cured that now !!!

14 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Fear and negatively improves your coping mechanism. 

Just think about that statement for minute. First of all that's insane thinking, and why would anyone subject themselves to fear and negativity just to improve their resilience? 

It's like saying, go and see a load of dead bodies and murder victims just to desensitise yourself to the psychological trauma of seeing someone dead. That's just crazy and right there should indicate to people that this is a war of the mind. Silent weapons in silent wars. 

This is an attempt to create a society without emotion, without compassion for their fellow humans. It's sickens me that we allow this to carry on. Unfortunately it will take a large number of people to push back and make this stop. Will it happen? It remains to be seen, we live and we hope that we all wake up to this shit show. 

This covid event has shown me how the holocaust worked in world war 2

when i was a nipper around 6 or 7 learning history at the end of the 1970s i was taught

that the reason people voted for Hitler and went along with the treatment of jews was because Hitler

was so mesmerising when speaking he hypnotised the poor innocent people into believing his every word

Hitler was used as a scapegoat for human acquiescence 

from what i can see the majority of the humans are extremely dangerous since they are just one good speech away from voting for holocaust again and again

this means humans have no loyalty no ethics only a desire to follow and conform and be part of a majority

peer pressure is everything

it has long been known that humans will accept incorrect answers and knowingly go along with falsehoods to be part of a majority

if we were to win this war this time how do we stop it happening again how do we stop the humans being corrupted again and again

how do we teach people to always do the right thing not the popular thing

people have been programmed to believe doing the right thing means following orders without question

90% or more of the human population are corruptible how do we make them safe and resilient to corruption

i find it illogical and hypocritical that many of the people who are able to see what this covid nonsense as about

are also the people crying that their children are losing out by not going to school

state school is perhaps the biggest tool the cult has in its arsenal 

using to program and shape this and future generations

creating the kind of worker ants they require for the current political climate

home schooling or community schooling needs to take away this tool of brainwashing from the cult

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oneantisworthtenofyou said:

This covid event has shown me how the holocaust worked in world war 2

when i was a nipper around 6 or 7 learning history at the end of the 1970s i was taught

that the reason people voted for Hitler and went along with the treatment of jews was because Hitler

was so mesmerising when speaking he hypnotised the poor innocent people into believing his every word

Hitler was used as a scapegoat for human acquiescence

The fear of Bolshevism was legitimate. A master orator definitely helped sway people though.

Just now, EnigmaticWorld said:

The fear of Bolshevism was legitimate. A master orator definitely helped sway people though.

People need to be beyond sway

those that can be talked into something with fancy talk are dangerous and corruptible

Why did you jump out of the window?

because johnny told me to convincingly his oratory skills were impeccable i just couldn't refuse 😄

4 minutes ago, oneantisworthtenofyou said:

People need to be beyond sway

those that can be talked into something with fancy talk are dangerous and corruptible

Why did you jump out of the window?

because johnny told me to convincingly his oratory skills were impeccable i just couldn't refuse 😄

What if their concerns about red terror were right though? I'm not condoning Adolf's actions, I'm talking about the regular people back then in Germany and their concerns. Anyway this is another topic for another thread I guess.

Edit: How was the average man on the street supposed to react when people were saying "Germany must perish"?

Edited by EnigmaticWorld

10 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

When I was a nipper I wondered why we only seemed to hear about nazis. I began to think that those that perished because of communists didn't matter in English classrooms. Now I look at the Tories acting like Marxists and it all makes sense.

yes its very interesting what the state considers important history to teach to children

i don't recall learning very much about the Russian point of view either

i do recall spending a great deal of time learning about the roman empire

but hardly a mention of egypt

moving forward to current generations but not only restricted to history

sports day and competition between children is banned mostly or frowned upon and taught to be dangerous

i can remember laughing as all the children including my son crossed the finish line

of the egg and spoon race at the exactly the same time alas all were winners!

all the children are only allowed to drink water plain water

couldn't be flavoured in any way 

this isn't for health it's because all children must be the same

if each child had their own individual drink some would be different to others