Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

9 hours ago, Orange Alert said:

You have been caught up in their complicted, by design, system to put off and prevent easy travel, which remains even to feck over the vaccinated.  One needs a team of legal experts to go through all the multi layers of changing rules for the UK and every country travelling to and transiting.😄

As well as the 2 tests in the UK, which have to be pre booked, there is also a negative test result to be done at a max of 72 hours before departure and the online passenger locator form which can only be done within of 48 hours of arrival. Talk about complicated and difficult.

I don't know about ignoring the tests and the fine. Do you have to show a test result to the airline/travel company or the frontier police of the departure country before setting foot in the UK?

Be careful. Make sure you read through the UK Government's rules -

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

That's messed up. I would stay in Europe for good but they are cutting universal credit in September and I can now only stay three months, unless I marry a seniorita

Shifty and not good. I can see these twats from Ryan air and the like refusing me to board a flight to the UK. Then I will be in a Spanish jail for overstay

1 hour ago, Weedo said:

Who here has had a covidocrite (hypocrite) experience? A person that I respected very much and used to think of as a "fighter", used to always agree with me when I'd say that this is all bullshit and was always anti Vax. Months later she drags her mom and brother to get jabbed, and when I asked her about it she said it was to "get her life back", but she still claimed it was all BS. Then a week later I overheard her commenting "but I'm vaccinated", when someone scolded her for greeting an elderly lady with a cheek kiss. So did she BS me, or them? Or change her mind? Playing both sides? 

It's exhausting trying to fathom the thought process isn't it? They can see the full scale scam of it all but somehow think the jab will fix things for them. And what evidence are they seeing that they'll "get their life back"? Because from where I'm standing, all I see is anything but getting your life back, whether your jabbed or not. It's an odd form of cognitive dissonance. They're awake to the bullshit but think the jab will somehow switch it off, like it's a bad movie. The mind boggles.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SimonTV said:

Sorry could you state where you went from and to. Interested to know as I thought If I travel I could get around it as many people seem to be having no issues coming back in to the UK. I think EU is more strict on UK going in to their countries to be annoying more than anything else. 

Went from Heathrow to Spain with BA. Strange as I didn't  need a stick up my nose when departing. No questions asked once in Spain, except filling out a form stating I dont have covid

Not many from the UK here, many Dutch and Germans. The irony is it's going to be a fuck up along the lines going back. I can't be doing covid tests. Haven't done one yet. I should've done my homework

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zarkov said:

from the richie allen show on mon 28th june 

"Lisa and her partner Rickie went to Turkey for dental treatment. While there, the UK added Turkey to its red-list countries. People returning from a red-list country must spend 10 days in supervised quarantine, usually a hotel near the airport. It's mandatory. After three days in the hotel, Lisa and Rickie had had enough and decided to do a runner. Lisa tells their incredible story."

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/richieallen/episodes/2021-06-28T11_38_22-07_00

Did they have to do a pre test covid before departure?

8 hours ago, Ziggy Sawdust said:

Spot on......sadly, the minute people say "did you see such and such on the telly last night" I just wanna chin 'em.

I don't of course, I just tell them I don't have a television and then I get the ridiculous "why not"?

Infuriates me.

😁

Yep, they look at you like, omg, what have we here?’

Do you notice that upon answering no, there is almost always a dead silence for quite a few seconds?

Maybe trying to figure out what’s wrong with us 🤔

• Like 1

It is kind of obvious at this point that the whole thing is about an infertility vaccine, which is why they are obsessed with it and adamant that everyone takes it. They couldn't give too shits about people's health, why would they be so concerned to give it a way other than it having a negative effect. Sure you could say they are realy believe it is helping people but that is difficult to believe. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Orange Alert said:

The ill effects of the lockdowns.

New Zealand panic as children fall ill in high numbers - experts warn of 'immunity debt'

Lockdowns in New Zealand last winter led to a 99.9 percent reduction in flu cases and a 98 percent reduction in RSV.

But over the past five weeks, New Zealand has reported nearly 1,000 RSV cases, according to the Institute of Environmental Science and Research.

Middlemore hospital in Auckland has converted a playroom into a clinical space with 11 special care baby cots.

Heath boards across Auckland and Canterbury have also postponed surgeries to divert resources into children's wards.

According to the Guardian, some hospitals have asked children under 12 not to visit in a bid to stop the spread of the virus.

Full article at https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1460236/New-Zealand-news-covid-lockdown-immunity-debt-virus-children-hospital-RSV

I wrote about this on the masks thread. Looks like the next part of the script.

From the masks thread:

"My advice to you is to continue to wear a mask in those circumstances. This is not only important to prevent further transmission of COVID, but also keeping us safe from other winter bugs like the respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) that we are seeing now."

So this RSVP virus is now appearing in Lancashire UK and New Zealand at the same time?

Mask wearing causing it?

How does the Health Director for Lancashire know 'we' are seeing it. Who is 'we' ?

Has he been given this to say? No data or evidence is provided for either. 

"Heath boards across Auckland and Canterbury have also postponed surgeries to divert resources into children's wards."

Last time is was save Granny, now its save baby.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, SimonTV said:

It is kind of obvious at this point that the whole thing is about an infertility vaccine, which is why they are obsessed with it and adamant that everyone takes it. They couldn't give too shits about people's health, why would they be so concerned to give it a way other than it having a negative effect. Sure you could say they are realy believe it is helping people but that is difficult to believe. 

Edited by northern star

5 minutes ago, SimonTV said:

It always amazes me that people think the UK government cares about the health of the public, particularly the elderly.  Have they forgotten the thousands of old people who used to die of hypothermia due to being unable to afford heating, until Blair brought in the winter fuel payment?  They don't give a toss about us. If they cared about our health then smoking and drinking would be banned. Instead they ban freedom for a cold.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheOldNormal said:

It always amazes me that people think the UK government cares about the health of the public, particularly the elderly.  Have they forgotten the thousands of old people who used to die of hypothermia due to being unable to afford heating, until Blair brought in the winter fuel payment?  They don't give a toss about us. If they cared about our health then smoking and drinking would be banned. Instead they ban freedom for a cold.

They even make out as if the pharmaceutical corporations are heroes in their propaganda. I have seen it many times, which is obviously a red flag. 

1 minute ago, TheOldNormal said:

Bliar may have brought in the fuel payment. But this was just tax payer money going back to the energy company cartels.

If he really cared the energy companies would have been better regulated and the cost of energy reduced.

• Like 2

Just now, Mr Chinnery said:

Bliar may have brought in the fuel payment. But this was just tax payer money going back to the energy company cartels.

If he really cared the energy companies would have been better regulated and the cost of energy reduced.

I agree. He did it purely as a political exercise.

Instead of attacking angry mask people now I have a new strategy. I tell them to take off their mask and give me a hug. I think it freaks them out more. If they refuse you slowly walk towards them in a hug movement while making zombie noises. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheOldNormal said:

It always amazes me that people think the UK government cares about the health of the public, particularly the elderly. 

They get neglected, their grandchildren are being replaced and dispossessed, and they still don't question WW2. Stockholm syndrome.

3 minutes ago, SimonTV said:

Instead of attacking angry mask people now I have a new strategy. I tell them to take off their mask and give me a hug. I think it freaks them out more. If they refuse you slowly walk towards them in a hug movement while making zombie noises. 

Might try that strategy myself now, although I really do NOT want to get anywhere near a bacteria / snot filled face nappy for a hug!!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Concerned Citizen said:

Might try that strategy myself now, although I really do NOT want to get anywhere near a bacteria / snot filled face nappy for a hug!!!

I doubt they will ever give a hug instead they will enter a state of shock. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

They get neglected, their grandchildren are being replaced and dispossessed, and they still don't question WW2. Stockholm syndrome.

That being said, many are probably unaware, hence why Mama Merkel gleefully said the WW2 generation is nearly gone, so they'll start ramping up the fvckery.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld

52 minutes ago, Shake said:

Went from Heathrow to Spain with BA. Strange as I didn't  need a stick up my nose when departing. No questions asked once in Spain, except filling out a form stating I dont have covid

Not many from the UK here, many Dutch and Germans. The irony is it's going to be a fuck up along the lines going back. I can't be doing covid tests. Haven't done one yet. I should've done my homework

Spit don't swallow 🤣

Plus, maybe the train would be an option? Although longer journey? Or a coach?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mr Chinnery said:

"Heath boards across Auckland and Canterbury have also postponed surgeries to divert resources into children's wards."

Let's just think, what could this narrative be about?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shake said:

That's messed up. I would stay in Europe for good but they are cutting universal credit in September and I can now only stay three months, unless I marry a seniorita

Shifty and not good. I can see these twats from Ryan air and the like refusing me to board a flight to the UK. Then I will be in a Spanish jail for overstay

Regarding the 3 month limit and staying in Spain/Schengen, there is the possibility of going over into Andorra (on the French/Spanish border) for another 3 months of Visa free travel, which is outside the Schengen zone.  Croatia is another EU country which is outside the Schengen zone.

https://andorraguides.com/visa/schengen/

This is what Ryanair says about documents and boarding. You might sail through without a problem or get stopped.

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/plan-trip/travel-documentation

Otherwise its getting spliced with a Spanish seniorita. 🙂

Edited by Orange Alert
  • Thanks 1