Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

10 hours ago, SinghsAwake said:

I have a friend, who’s wife is pregnant.

He has been advised that unless he has a covid test, he cannot be there for the birth of the child or even enter the hospital.

Is this correct? Has somebody had a similar experience/ resolved it without having a false negative fraudulent PCP test and getting onto the system? Evil b*****

My son's partner gave birth two months ago and he was only allowed to be there, if he arrived with her, in labour, and was not permitted to leave, not even to nip out for a coffee until the child was born. No Covid test though, but they took his blood, (for other reasons) while wearing a mask and he fainted. He said he had an NDE.

7 minutes ago, Velma said:

My son's partner gave birth two months ago and he was only allowed to be there, if he arrived with her, in labour, and was not permitted to leave, not even to nip out for a coffee until the child was born. No Covid test though, but they took his blood, (for other reasons) while wearing a mask and he fainted. He said he had an NDE.

Congratulates by the way 🙂

You say your son had a NDE, what about ? I'm just interested.

• Like 1

Boris Johnson is reportedly weighing up lifting his "rule of six" on Christmas Day to allow friends and family to celebrate together. The PM is worried about being "portrayed as Scrooge", it is claimed - and may make the move to lift spirits after a difficult few months.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-considering-lifting-rule-22712388

Woo-Hoo - one fcking day of normality, thanks Boris! Is the virus taking Christmas day off?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, banjo dog said:

Heard a bloke on the radio recently say he would report neighbours because they are no different than terrorists spreading the virus like some one walking down the road spraying bullets. There really is no hope for some people. 

I heard that too Banjo. It was on Radio 4 last week. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/20/parliament-surrendered-role-over-covid-emergency-laws-says-lady-hale

The former president of the supreme court says parliament “surrendered” its role over emergency laws restricting freedoms amid the coronavirus pandemic, in an intervention expected to embolden MPs threatening a Commons revolt.

Lady Hale, who retired in January after becoming the first woman to lead the supreme court in 2017, is critical of the way health regulations were imposed on the public with little or no parliamentary scrutiny.

The Coronavirus Act 2020, passed in March, gave government “sweeping” powers alongside other “draconian” regulations, and “it is not surprising the police were as confused as the public as to what was law and what was not”, she says in an opening essay for a collection published on Monday and seen by the Guardian

I'm learning through this information war that the key is to find a way to emotionally disengage from their fear mongering bullshit and threats. It's tough to do that but it is possible. The moments I get when I move into neutrality, I can actually laugh at the pathetic Pantomime it is. The political arena and mainstream media are all just a bunch of second hand car salesman putting on a David Lynch level of surreal stage shows for us, touting threats and silly "rules" which if people simply say No to just become unenforceable. What they've set up is all just a house of cards and I firmly believe that by the end of the year the stack will come tumbling down.   

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Jack said:

Even if that was true i am beyond caring now. Its screwed up people die and my heart goes out to anyone who loses a loved one. But people die everyday.

So when they say we have to save lives why? We all have to ruin our lives stop work stay indoors stop seeing our family. 

Its not our job to try and save peoples lives. 

Fuck them. I know i have been dealing with a bully a throughout this pandemic. The state and their cronies and I will not live in fear by their threats, i will not be emotionally manipulated. 

6 year old daughtet died did she? I suppose that is everyone elses fault. 

Hells bloody bells. 🖕

Edited by Fluke
  • Like 3

Just now, Fluke said:

Even if that was true i am beyond caring now. Its screwed up people die and my heart goes out to anyone who loses a loved one. But people die everyday.

So when they say we have to save lives why? We all have to ruin our lives stop work stay indoors stop seeing our family. 

Its not our job to try and save peoples lives. 

Fuck them. I know i have been desling with a bully a throughout this pandemic. I will not live in fear by their threats, i will not be emotionally manipulated. 

6 year old daughtet died did she? I suppose that is everyone elses fault. 

Hells bloody bells. 🖕

Did you read the other tweet?

It wasn't his daughter- but someones daughter-he made up. He's also UN diplomat

Edited by Jack
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Prof Carl Heneghan, the head of the Centre for Evidence Based Medicine at Oxford University, says the current situation is "utter chaos" with a constant stream of new restrictions and schools sending whole year groups home when just one person tests positive. All this at a time when the level of infection is still very low.

This, Prof Heneghan says, is the consequence of trying to suppress the virus. Instead, he argues we should accept it is here to stay and try to minimise the risks, while balancing that against the consequences of the actions we take.

In particular, he's concerned the Covid test is actually so sensitive it's picking up what is effectively dead virus as it spots traces of it months after the person has stopped being infectious.

"We need to slow down our thinking. But every time the government sees a rise in cases it seems to panic," he said.

What is more, rising admissions for respiratory illness and, sadly, deaths are what you would expect to happen at this time of year as you head into autumn and winter when these viruses always spread more.

Some years are worse than others. In 2017-18 there were 50,000 extra deaths over winter compared to the rest of the year, mainly because of the cold weather, a virulent strain of flu and an ineffective vaccine.

In fact, Prof Robert Dingwall, a sociologist and an adviser to the government, believes the public may well be now at the stage where it is "comfortable" with the idea that thousands will die from Covid just as they are that they die of flu.

He believes it is only a particular element of the public health and scientific leadership who worry about driving down the infection level and is critical of politicians for not being "brave enough" to be honest with the public that the virus will be around "forever and a day" even with a vaccine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54228649

According to these professors, the death toll from Covid19 in 2020, was less than that of the flu' epidemic of 2017-18, for which people had been vaccinated, with an ineffective vaccine, WTF?

The tests are reading positive for people who had the Rona, but recovered, without symptoms. Therefore, healthy people are being sent home from work/school and quarantined for no reason.

So, we are ordered to stay apart, wear masks and get tested for a disease which is killing nobody and those who have it, don't know, because it's asymptomatic and you don't get ill. Again, WTF?

• Like 3

The seasonal role call for the winter flu shot is now upon us with many local doctors practices encouraging the elderly & vulnerable in first.

My question - Do we know or is it possible that the flu shot if administered could then lead to and increase your chance of a positive test result for corona virus ? 

34 minutes ago, MR-E said:

The seasonal role call for the winter flu shot is now upon us with many local doctors practices encouraging the elderly & vulnerable in first.

My question - Do we know or is it possible that the flu shot if administered could then lead to and increase your chance of a positive test result for corona virus ? 

I was thinking this myself. My gran had it last week, and is now ill. Like lambs to the slaughter.

• Like 1