Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

Just now, wingwang said:

Public Health England confirmed that its data showed an increase in outbreaks and clusters involving variants at primary and secondary schools in recent weeks, though it has not published these data in detail. In the most recent four week period there were 97 confirmed covid-19 outbreaks in primary and secondary schools that were linked to at least one variant of concern, equates to around one outbreak at every 250 schools, it said.

Teaching unions and advocacy groups have written to Public Health England demanding more information on outbreaks in schools.

Oh, per-leeeease...

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1445

Even the lingo used. 'Outbreak'. It's beyond embarrassing.

• Like 1

Snip-it_1623007256822.jpg.975918c340713a9b58a0c01f46cb7b52.jpg

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/mobile/we-re-going-to-need-extra-hands-local-restaurants-prepare-for-patio-season-1.5457065

Snip-it_1623007297518.jpg.6aea2e9ea3a6efd158fd638b9bdf3f02.jpg

All you need is one covid positive case employee and the whole place gets shut down and employees sent to isolate at home. Just that fear alone is enough to keep workers away. Also the vax not vaxxed war in the workplace and the paranoid normies and customers giving people dirty looks is enough to curb my appetite for eating at the restaurant. Who wants to see masked employees, many with faceshields as well, floating around serving people while cultivating bacterial pneumonia while you eat. Constantly reminded of that madness at every turn. Those restaurants did not fight back when it was time to put their foot down so fk 'em. They went along with the swindle without a fight.

7 minutes ago, Avoiceinthecrowd said:

Snip-it_1623006120210.jpg.c3d68cf2c1b7a66ab585cd9d365dea6b.jpg

https://ampvideo.bnnbloomberg.ca/canada-suffers-second-labour-market-setback-ahead-of-reopening-1.1612591

Snip-it_1623006101865.jpg.d92eaa38be5acbdb8b0367de5e83ab07.jpg

"They just, for whatever reason, don't want to come to work", of course this has nothing "whatever" to do with the oppressive measures employers are imposing on the workforce. Masks, testing, vax bullying...

Businesses, not satisfied with bullying their existing employees with toxic mandates, would like the government to clawback furlough payments as incentive to get the others back to work.

Reading such nearsighted articles like this one we might be tricked into thinking the labour force is lazy and needs a swift boot in the arse to get working again.

Truth is a lot of that workforce are single parents with kids. The way the government has been opening and closing daycare and schools is it any surprise many would prefer to devote themselves to protecting their kids from these maniacs and their insane containment measures by simply staying at home as long as possible.

"Whatever reasons", yeah right.

Btw, Saputo is the cheese mafia in the province of Quebec Canada.

Out of likes. I just searched Saputo and found they sell products in the UK too, all of which I'll be avoiding from now on. https://www.uk.saputo.com/

Acquisition by Saputo

On 22 February 2019, it was announced that Canadian dairy company Saputo Inc would be buying Dairy Crest.[12]

The company was valued at £975m, making each share worth 620p.[13] The transaction was completed on 15 April 2019.[14] At the time of the sale, Dairy Crest was the fourth largest dairy company in the United Kingdom based on turnover.[15] Saputo renamed the business under its own brand in July 2019, though Dairy Crest Limited remained the principal legal entity.[16][2]

Operations

The company supplies cheese, spreads and drinks. Cheese brands include Cathedral City, Davidstow Cheddar and Wexford.[17] Spread brands include Clover, Country Life, Utterly Butterly, Vitalite and Willow.[17] Spread and Frylight cooking spray production is consolidated at Kirkby.[18] Davidstow Creamery in Cornwall has been run by the company since 1981.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Avoiceinthecrowd said:

Snip-it_1623007256822.jpg.975918c340713a9b58a0c01f46cb7b52.jpg

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/mobile/we-re-going-to-need-extra-hands-local-restaurants-prepare-for-patio-season-1.5457065

Snip-it_1623007297518.jpg.6aea2e9ea3a6efd158fd638b9bdf3f02.jpg

All you need is one covid positive case employee and the whole place gets shut down and employees sent to isolate at home. Just that fear alone is enough to keep workers away. Also the vax not vaxxed war in the workplace and the paranoid normies and customers giving people dirty looks is enough to curb my appetite for eating at the restaurant. Who wants to see masked employees, many with faceshields as well, floating around serving people while cultivating bacterial pneumonia while you eat. Constantly reminded of that madness at every turn. Those restaurants did not fight back when it was time to put their foot down so fk 'em. They went along with the swindle without a fight.

To me it's a dilemma. They've gone along with the guidelines (nonsense to us) but they're now about to lose their business. I'm torn, because although to me it's been obvious for months I know people with businesses who thought it would be ok. There's only so much you can do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BossCrow said:

I just searched Saputo and found they sell products in the UK too, all of which I'll be avoiding from now on

To be fair I must add that their cheese is awesome tasting. Every pizzaria I know of uses it. My criticism was directed at the labour force aspect in covid times.

1 minute ago, Shy Talk said:

To me it's a dilemma. They've gone along with the guidelines (nonsense to us) but they're now about to lose their business. I'm torn, because although to me it's been obvious for months I know people with businesses who thought it would be ok. There's only so much you can do.

Long before covid most those restaurants were constantly bullied with regulations. One example would be the cash register linked up to the revenue ministry. The assumption being they all want to cheat the government. They use the intel to track tips and tax those too. I believe, from my informal discussions with many restauranteurs that none trust the government. A cancer they must put up with to stay in business.

33 minutes ago, Avoiceinthecrowd said:

Snip-it_1623006120210.jpg.c3d68cf2c1b7a66ab585cd9d365dea6b.jpg

https://ampvideo.bnnbloomberg.ca/canada-suffers-second-labour-market-setback-ahead-of-reopening-1.1612591

Snip-it_1623006101865.jpg.d92eaa38be5acbdb8b0367de5e83ab07.jpg

"They just, for whatever reason, don't want to come to work", of course this has nothing "whatever" to do with the oppressive measures employers are imposing on the workforce. Masks, testing, vax bullying...

Businesses, not satisfied with bullying their existing employees with toxic mandates, would like the government to clawback furlough payments as incentive to get the others back to work.

Reading such nearsighted articles like this one we might be tricked into thinking the labour force is lazy and needs a swift boot in the arse to get working again.

Truth is a lot of that workforce are single parents with kids. The way the government has been opening and closing daycare and schools is it any surprise many would prefer to devote themselves to protecting their kids from these maniacs and their insane containment measures by simply staying at home as long as possible.

"Whatever reasons", yeah right.

Btw, Saputo is the cheese mafia in the province of Quebec Canada.

Well said! 👍

(Ran out of likes long ago).

Typical spinning of the truth that will be lapped up for the planned basic income intro.

Louise Hampton and some other protestors have been trying to raise awareness of Covid injections outside vaccination centres. This is a video recorded today from the Brentford site. Louise is reading out official UK Government Yellowcard statistics of adverse reactions. Apparently they changed the minds of 6 people.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Reflecting on the lost income tax for government on account of covid and the way the government still spends like drunk sailors I am amazed not more people are wondering why they pay taxes on their income if the government can get by very well without it. Actually pushing hard to have less income tax by closing businesses.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

Louise Hampton and some other protestors have been trying to raise awareness of Covid injections outside vaccination centres. This is a video recorded today from the Brentford site. Louise is reading out official UK Government Yellowcard statistics of adverse reactions. Apparently they changed the minds of 6 people.

Thats a fantastic idea and if only we (those who know its shit) could organise and picket every one in the UK,but you know ,i know,we know that isn't going to happen,but i do live in hope its gains traction

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Avoiceinthecrowd said:

To be fair I must add that their cheese is awesome tasting. Every pizzaria I know of uses it. My criticism was directed at the labour force aspect in covid times.

Fair enough. I assumed they were maybe some kind of Kraft Foods type of company. Agreed, the CEO's comments were crass.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

see the sheep standing there.

it just does not register.

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, Avoiceinthecrowd said:

Reflecting on the lost income tax for government on account of covid and the way the government still spends like drunk sailors I am amazed not more people are wondering why they pay taxes on their income if the government can get by very well without it. Actually pushing hard to have less income tax by closing businesses.

The way it's just turned into money being no object. I think that just tells us they are basically planning to crash the current economic system. Here in Ireland practically the whole country was thrown on the pandemic payment benefit which is 350 per week. Lets not even get into how much they have given to businesses in prop up grants.

There's no way this could be payed back.

2 minutes ago, Roscommon said:

The way it's just turned into money being no object. I think that just tells us they are basically planning to crash the current economic system. Here in Ireland practically the whole country was thrown on the pandemic payment benefit which is 350 per week. Lets not even get into how much they have given to businesses in prop up grants.

Agreed! Out of likes.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Roscommon said:

Hi Roscommon, could you expand on that payment comment. First I've heard.

4 hours ago, Human10 said:

I will protect you 

image.jpeg.0774b6b237dbc188ce6495b9609e1439.jpeg

Just kidding - you think we are experienced commandoes? 🤣 My partner has to kill spiders for me. To stay sane I would turn off tv. I'm happy my friends are vaccinated - they started to behave a bit more 'normal'...

'No need to kill spiders.  It's very cruel.

Just put a glass over it,  slide a bit of paper or card slowly under it and release outside.

• Like 5

Just now, Shy Talk said:

What do you mean?

Basically everyone was told not to go to work and fill out an online form, and within a week you were getting 350 per week.

They have since tweeked it so that people who were only working part time are now getting a little less (300 I think), but thats basically how it goes. 

Just now, Roscommon said:

What do you mean?

Basically everyone was told not to go to work and fill out an online form, and within a week you were getting 350 per week.

They have since tweeked it so that people who were only working part time are now getting a little less (300 I think), but thats basically how it goes. 

Apologies if you were talking Furlough. It sounded as though everyone was getting it.

17 minutes ago, Roscommon said:

6 minutes ago, Shy Talk said:

Just now, Roscommon said:

What do you mean?

Not to mention all the billions wasted on useless tests and dangerous, untested vaccines.

5 minutes ago, greatdayforfreedom said:

That guy in the white T-shirt with the beard shouting 'liar', what an  idiot.  He's in total denial. 

either that or he is one of these muppets that actually thinks zero harm could come from this injection.

I wouldnt be surprised if he thought it was trialed and fda approved.