Jump to content

Coronavirus Mega-Thread.


numnuts
 Share

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Martin1234 said:

 

I know exactly what you mean. I saw liberal democrats and thought yuk this is politically motivated. But now I thought about it, it's quite a good idea to throw a spanner in the works.

 

They don't really even need to win anything. Farage forced Cameron into taking notice and giving the people an EU referendum.

 

I would probably vote for them rather than my original plan of voting for nobody. It's ok organising marches etc, but that isn't having much impact now and things are moving on.

I've had a look at the website and nothing in it has changed my mind, I need statements not ambiguity,I need facts,for instance who are these ''recognised protest groups'' ?  ''Avoid discussion about re entering the EU'' ?? theres people being killed by government mandate and they want to avoid discussion of reentering the EU?

 

I could go on but as of now they aint the Liberal democrats and they can only lobby them

 

A bit more transparency wouldn't go amiss either

 

Pledges

https://liberalspring.org/pledges

 

FAQ's

https://liberalspring.org/faqs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, whatthefoxhat said:

I've had a look at the website and nothing in it has changed my mind, I need statements not ambiguity,I need facts,for instance who are these ''recognised protest groups'' ?  ''Avoid discussion about re entering the EU'' ?? theres people being killed by government mandate and they want to avoid discussion of reentering the EU?

 

I could go on but as of now they aint the Liberal democrats and they can only lobby them

 

A bit more transparency wouldn't go amiss either

 

Pledges

https://liberalspring.org/pledges

 

FAQ's

https://liberalspring.org/faqs

 

I was just looking at the site too. Let's see what happens..

Edited by Martin1234
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GOYK said:

Might not seem covid related...but it 100% is. 

 

Im looking to buy a body cam......has anybody got any experience with them.

 

I need it to be easily uploadable on to a laptop. (i am nowhere near computer savvy).

 

 durable enough to take a few whacks and locked with a password.

 

help?

Meh i have no experience with them but ussually when im looking for tech i type in "top 5" (insert key word here)

 

https://www.lifewire.com/best-body-cams-4172333

 

fairly cheap some of them, id suggest looking for the cable connectivity vs wifi. there are some police looking ones on that site

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Pina Colada said:

Did post, but in case you missed:

 

How to disable Emergency Warning Alerts.

1. Go to Messages.

2. See 3 dots. Press

3. Press "Settings".

4. Press Emergency alert history.

5. Press 3 dots at top and then settings.

6. Disable all.

 

There are texts and there are the exposure alerts. Fortunately I uses a Pine Phone (like a Raspberry Pi) running Manjaro Linux.

It is open source, so no money to Google and Microsoft and out of reach of Government Apps. That said, it still needs to use cell towers, unless I use messaging apps witha VPN over wifi.

 

 

EB05C57C-BEA9-409C-B6EB-DBB9477108B3.jpeg

Edited by Mikhail Liebestein
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebestein said:

 

There are texts and there are the exposure alerts. Fortunately I uses a Pine Phone (like a Raspberry Pi) running Manjaro Linux.

It is open source, so no money to Google and Microsoft and out of reach of Government Apps. That said, it still needs to use cell towers, unless I use messaging apps witha VPN over wifi.

 

 

EB05C57C-BEA9-409C-B6EB-DBB9477108B3.jpeg

👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This whole Boris vs Cummings episode is clearly to further politicise lockdown.


Give it a week or two and being against lockdowns will be ‘Tory’ - leaving all the woke young adults doing a U-turn and supporting life being prohibited.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I don't have time to check if this has already been posted as am at work...

 

1st man jabbed in various countries are now, 'coincidentally' dead.

 

 

 

Have been advised there are some Elf & Safety folk coming today to check if we are complying with Covid reg's. I am looking forward to interrogating them on what health and safety reg's have been excercised re the jab and the masks.

 

I will politely ensure they rue the fucking day they poked their  noses in here.

 

 

Edited by Tinfoil Hat
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, whatthefoxhat said:

Just watched a video of Dr Yeadon saying the same,still undecided about this as to whether its a good idea or bad idea,my gut says it an agenda driven bad idea

 

Likely another distraction. If one set of morons is overthrown they will install another set... imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pina Colada said:

Did post, but in case you missed:

 

How to disable Emergency Warning Alerts.

1. Go to Messages.

2. See 3 dots. Press

3. Press "Settings".

4. Press Emergency alert history.

5. Press 3 dots at top and then settings.

6. Disable all.

I can't find anything relating to emergency alerts on my phone. 

 

Moto G play running Android 10..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

I don't have time to check if this has already been posted as am at work...

 

1st man jabbed in various countries are now, 'coincidentally' dead.

 

 

 

Have been advised there are some Elf & Safety folk coming today to check if we are complying with Covid reg's. I am looking forward to interrogating them on what health and safety reg's have been excercised re the jab and the masks.

 

I will politely ensure they rue the fucking day they poked their  noses in here.

 

 

Had my doubts that William Shakespeare was a real person, but apparently he was, and the poor bloke is now really dead.

 

Nothing to see here, move on, just a coincidence.

 

Better being dead than getting Covid!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Martin1234 said:

I can't find anything relating to emergency alerts on my phone. 

 

Moto G play running Android 10..

 

Messages, settings, notifications. I had boxes for ukgov and NHS, which I unticked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, whatthefoxhat said:

I disagree,that expensive one supplied to the police is made in china just like all the others,go on ebay and search for bodycam,around 30 quid will get you one that takes memory cards and will record up to 10 hours straight,couldn't be simpler to operate,insert card,record,take out card,stick in computer,press play

Anything much below £100 is going to be a waste of money. The ones that the UK police use start at £500. They might be made in China but it's not the junk Chinese products that are sold mainly on Amazon and eBay for the price of a family takeaway. It would be like comparing a burner phone made in China with an iPhone made in China - quality control and support wouldn't be a thing with the former.

 

I was going to get one a couple of years ago but was put off by long term user reviews (most stopped working) and the prices of the good ones used by bouncers and the police. I guess a one-off use £50 cam might do a job but it wouldn't have any longevity before it becomes useless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Bullion said:

Interesting...... I haven’t seen or heard about emails being sent out in Melbourne trying to cajole the public, I spose it must be happening though. I wonder if they’ll resort to using the electoral roll for mail outs. I dunno how else they’d personally invite me to have my reserved shot (haven’t seen a doctor since I went to Thailand two decades ago and that practice is no longer around, I have no health problems, only been in a hospital for childbirth). While I was scouting the ABS site I saw that we’re having the census this year...... do you think they’d put any covid related questions on there, like, have you had the jab🤔.

I bet there will be questions about the jab on the census form .A relative of mine who is applying for a Disability pension from Centrelink told me there were questions on the form asking if you had had either the vaccine or a PCR test . Luckily there was an option to say you preferred not to answer .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, DarianF said:

Doctors back PM's vaccine passport plan

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6255814968001

 

 

Yes. Domestic vaccine passports. Wow, wait, they wouldn't do that. That's just a conspiracy theory. ;-)

 

Oh well, time to collect on those bets I made with my brainwashed friends about a year ago. Laughed at me for even suggesting it. Not laughing now are you you fkn dickhead wankers.

This very worrying .I can here the virtue signalers applauding this loudly. Another form of coercion . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, DarianF said:

COVID live updates: Victoria's COVID hotline inundated as vaccine eligibility opened to 40-49-year-olds

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-27/covid-live-updates-melbourne-cases-victoria-lockdown/100167392

 

@Bullion Don't forget your toilet paper shopping. Buckle up mate. Free front row tickets to the circus 😉

my daughter who was working in Victoria for 3 months luckily managed to get a flight home tonight .Im sure the one week lockdown will end up being longer .Im glad she escaped .

Edited by Freedom Lane55
spelling error
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Martin1234 said:

 

I was just looking at the site too. Let's see what happens..

I'm willing to consider their proposals personally speaking and its very early days yet,but i'm afraid i won't jump based on what i've seen so far but again thats just my personal opinion and i wouldnt think any more or any less of a person if they did decide to back them as in the grand scheme of things i think their goals align with a lot of folks

 

I'm naturally suspicious of any political party so for me it's a give it time to see if a lobby group can organise itself to take over the libdems,the general election is a long way off (if it will happen at all) so im still inclined to think theres rather more urgency than their proposals lead me to believe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Saved said:

Anything much below £100 is going to be a waste of money. The ones that the UK police use start at £500. They might be made in China but it's not the junk Chinese products that are sold mainly on Amazon and eBay for the price of a family takeaway. It would be like comparing a burner phone made in China with an iPhone made in China - quality control and support wouldn't be a thing with the former.

 

I was going to get one a couple of years ago but was put off by long term user reviews (most stopped working) and the prices of the good ones used by bouncers and the police. I guess a one-off use £50 cam might do a job but it wouldn't have any longevity before it becomes useless.

Not much consumer technology does have longevity,a clone go pro for less than 50 quid and a body attachment for a couple of quid and away you go,better to use one that doesnt cost much can be up and working in minutes than spend hours poring over reviews and best buys ,if all works out well then get into deeper (in fact 50 quid is pushing it for clone pro,more like 20-25 quid)

 

The op didn't state why he wanted one ,but i get the feeling it isn't because he fancies taking up videography as a long term hobby

Link to comment
Share on other sites

www.hartgroup.org, group of doctors and scientists opposed to government actions. They have signed an open letter against children being vaccinated. Apologies, I am not very high tech, but would like to show attachment of their letter.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pina Colada said:

Did post, but in case you missed:

 

How to disable Emergency Warning Alerts.

1. Go to Messages.

2. See 3 dots. Press

3. Press "Settings".

4. Press Emergency alert history.

5. Press 3 dots at top and then settings.

6. Disable all.

I never had any messages... NHS doesn't hunt for me to 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

I don't have time to check if this has already been posted as am at work...

 

1st man jabbed in various countries are now, 'coincidentally' dead.

 

 

 

Have been advised there are some Elf & Safety folk coming today to check if we are complying with Covid reg's. I am looking forward to interrogating them on what health and safety reg's have been excercised re the jab and the masks.

 

I will politely ensure they rue the fucking day they poked their  noses in here.

 

 

Ask for their risk assessment they've done personally and then ask for the government's risk assessment. When they cannot provide either, refer them to the following Court case and in reality, this equally applies to you. This is a high court judgment so they should sit and take notice because on the back of this principle in law, you can sue your employer. 

 

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/stop-masks-in-schools/

 

Which when contrasted with the Bastard Bollocks Corporation appears very differently. She lost on a technicality, not on the basis or principle of her case. Fuckin scum bag journalists. 

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-56998329

 

 

Edited by Morpheus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebestein said:

 

There are texts and there are the exposure alerts. Fortunately I uses a Pine Phone (like a Raspberry Pi) running Manjaro Linux.

It is open source, so no money to Google and Microsoft and out of reach of Government Apps. That said, it still needs to use cell towers, unless I use messaging apps witha VPN over wifi.

 

 

EB05C57C-BEA9-409C-B6EB-DBB9477108B3.jpeg

What does the fluid app do mate? Test which gender you are? 😉

Edited by Morpheus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...