Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

2 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

"that would kill those who are old and sick"

Well I'm 72, I have left sided heart failure, Chronic Kidney Disease, Peripheral Neuropathy, I'm riddled with arthritis everywhere and I have not changed my way of living in any way for the last 18 months, I go into supermarkets etc, touch surfaces, kiss and hug my grandkids and their parents, I don't wear a mask and only wash my hands after going to the toilet.

I think I qualify as old and sick yet here I am, still very much alive.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cassady said:

I came home last night to yet another NHS letter which went straight in the bin. I got yet another a Census one this week too which I posted about on here yesterday. I've since put a sticker on my letter saying ' NO NHS OR CENSUS LETTERS PLEASE ! 

It maybe a futile attempt to stop the harrassment and all I may achieve is making my neighbours think Iam weird.

Fuck ' em !

Don't throw them in the bin.  Keep them, as they might come in useful in the future.

There might be a toilet paper shortage.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

Unbelievable! 

Yet another letter from Imperial College London has just been pushed through my letterbox asking me to sign up for their, 'Important study to measure how many people have COVID-19'. To help the government plan how to keep me and others safe from it.

They are relentless.

Filing it carefully in the recycling bin, alongside their other 3 recent missives. 

What's Imperial College? Is it an old name for Gates' College?

These people are not real academics, they are bullshit artists who have sold themselves for financial sponsorship.

They deserve no respect at all, no more than do the sleazeball drug company reps who masquerade under the title of GP.. quack, quack!

• Like 1

With the Prime Minister threatening to send in the Army to supposed infection hotspots, is compulsory vaccination on the way?

I have always dismissed the idea in my mind, but I think due to developments, it now seems plausible.  

The two developments that make it plausible are:

1. The very high percentage take-up of the vaccine, which is in excess of 95% (I appreciate this is based on official figures that can't be relied on, but my anecdotal experience is that virtually everybody is taking it).

2. The success of the authorities in their propaganda, due to getting social media and large corporations onside, and partly also due to bribing and paying off people who would otherwise be vocally opposed, such as the average small business owner.

I think compulsion may be on its way and we may now see the 'men sorted from the boys', so to speak. 

I will never consent.  I will resist to the very end.

Edited by Ergo Storm
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Daily Mail? 

The Daily Mail is OK in its way, or at least the comments are - especially on conjob when not moderated.

As to the rest of it, not sure anyone actually writes in it now - the stories seem either to be done by AI, or interns cobbling it together from google searches.

Some of you (who like data) may find this UK gov spreadsheet (26kb) of interest regarding the R number.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/986531/R-and-growth-rate-time-series-14-May-2021.ods

I find it funny that on their page it states, in part, 

These estimates do not yet fully reflect any very recent changes in transmission due to, for example, recent policy changes in the UK.

So transmission is down to policy changes made by the UK government!

And that masks were made mandatory on 24th July 2020.

Also that the 'Kent' variant was first detected in September and Bojo stated:

"The figure mentioned by Prime Minister Boris Johnson was that the variant may be up to 70% more transmissible. He said this may be increasing the R number - which indicates if an epidemic is growing or shrinking - by 0.4."

which would mean going to (an average) 1.35 .... which if the supposed 'Indian' variant is 50% more transmissible then this paper regarding the ....

Estimates of the reproduction number for seasonal, pandemic, and zoonotic influenza: a systematic review of the literature

becomes of interest (the transmission rates within the graphs .... considering the 1977 'Russian' flu being at one point in the UK at R=21.0).

And again with the 1977-78 'Russian' Flu .... dear old twat Wiki has an interesting page with similarities to covid worth a read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1977_Russian_flu

Just some shit someone may have interest in lol.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Macnamara said:

That guy is incapable of being sincere

Even when he is discussing the most grave of matters a wee smirk always sneaks out. Just watch his mouth whenever he speaks

that now infamous clip where he pretends to wipe away a tear is a moment where a fullblown smile and laugh snuck out. He just can't help himself

psychopath. I'm thinking the pictures of him playing rugby in the park with his boys are just a carefully choreographed bit of theatre to try and make the guy look vaguely normal. I don't believe that he is

Bill Gates has that same smirk

We can add Kamala Harris as a third. She can't help herself; grinning and laughing in respose to any tragic event. IMO, there is something emotinally and mentally wrong with her.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ziggy Sawdust said:

Well I'm 72, I have left sided heart failure, Chronic Kidney Disease, Peripheral Neuropathy, I'm riddled with arthritis everywhere and I have not changed my way of living in any way for the last 18 months, I go into supermarkets etc, touch surfaces, kiss and hug my grandkids and their parents, I don't wear a mask and only wash my hands after going to the toilet.

I think I qualify as old and sick yet here I am, still very much alive.

BuT whAt ABoUt GraNMa yOu SeLfIsH OLd SaW HoRsE!  🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪 

• Haha 2

• lake locked this topic
  • lake unlocked this topic
  • Beaujangles featured this topic