Jump to content

Coronavirus Mega-Thread.


numnuts
 Share

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, wingwang said:

What a surprise. We're still on-script, then.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, wingwang said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/covid-indian-variant-surge-boris-johnson-b1846576.html?fbclid=IwAR2ftarI5rPfHKrzuw9yV4XXqUM9djvjxMT4IHb-e_jB56ZJM8HyV8jD6Vc

 

Scientists hold urgent talks amid fears Indian Covid variant could delay final lockdown exit

 

Cases thought to have tripled in a week to more than 1,700

 

Scientists suspect the final planned stage out of lockdown next month could be delayed by a surge in UK cases of the highly transmissible Indian Covid-19 variant – which are thought to have more than tripled in a week.

 

Members of the government’s scientific advisory committee, Sage, have been called to an urgent meeting on Thursday to assess the threat.

 

Just hours earlier, Boris Johnson issued an extraordinary warning of even “greater suffering” next winter than the public endured this year, if new Covid-19 variants take root.

 

Figures due out on Thursday are expected to confirm a total of 1,723 cases of B1617.2, one of three mutations fuelling India’s spiralling death toll.

 

The prime minister has warned that the strain is “of increasing concern” in the UK.


A member of Sage told the i paper that while next Monday’s step three of easing of restrictions in England would go ahead, concerns over the variant might increase ahead of the fourth and final step on 21 June and that “a delay is possible”.

 

The scientists tracking new variants have identified the 1,723 cases, and while some may be duplicates, if the figure is confirmed by Public Health England, this would be more than three times last week’s number of 520.

 

Health officials have designated all three of the Indian Covid variants – known as B1617.1, B1617.2 and B1617.3 – as “under investigation”.

 

The variants are particularly spreading in Bolton, Greater Manchester, where enhanced testing and a vaccine drive are being rolled out.

 

Mr Johnson says the government is looking at all possible solutions to tackle the surge there. “It may be more transmissible ... maybe even considerably more transmissible,” he said.

 

Secondary school pupils could be told to continue to wear face masks after the policy is dropped for the rest of England from next Monday.

 

There are also clusters in Blackburn and evidence of rising community transmission in parts of London.

 

The prime minister told the Commons on Wednesday the nation faces the threat of new variants which, if they prove highly transmissible or elude protection from vaccination, could produce a situation that is worse than that in January, with a resurgence of hospitalisations and deaths.

 

Ministers have not ruled out introducing local lockdowns in areas where the Indian variant is increasing.

 

 

Excerpt from that leaked Whitehall memo just for reference....
 

The final milestone is due on 21st June where ALL restrictions were promised to be lifted.

 

This will not be allowed to happen.

 

Vaccine passports / Track and Trace will be mandatory, as will masks and social distancing. The entire week of the 21st will be taken up by a third wave, which will suddenly be ‘rampant’, and this will be attributed to the South African variant which was now officially more deadly than what we have had previously. This will be accompanied with yet more issues with vaccine supplies. One of the vaccines will be said to be effective against the SA strain, but a convenient ‘problem’ with its manufacture will emerge. The Whitehall source went on to say: “All the measures are aimed at two things, vaccine passports and lockdowns starting next winter,” adding,

 

“The ultimate goal is to have the public back in their box.”

 

Hmmmm, can you see where this is going yet? 🤬

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, HAARPING_On said:

 

Excerpt from that leaked Whitehall memo just for reference....
 

The final milestone is due on 21st June where ALL restrictions were promised to be lifted.

 

This will not be allowed to happen.

 

Vaccine passports / Track and Trace will be mandatory, as will masks and social distancing. The entire week of the 21st will be taken up by a third wave, which will suddenly be ‘rampant’, and this will be attributed to the South African variant which was now officially more deadly than what we have had previously. This will be accompanied with yet more issues with vaccine supplies. One of the vaccines will be said to be effective against the SA strain, but a convenient ‘problem’ with its manufacture will emerge. The Whitehall source went on to say: “All the measures are aimed at two things, vaccine passports and lockdowns starting next winter,” adding,

 

“The ultimate goal is to have the public back in their box.”

 

Hmmmm, can you see where this is going yet? 🤬

Hmm so switching the focus back on the dormant SA variety is on the card, give the proles a left hook with the Indian and deliver the knock out blow with the South African. I suspect the Pfizer is the one they will say is most effective, shortages and the freezer issues will create a panicky demand that could cause many to override their vaccine hesitancy and rush to the vax centers.  

 

The Pfizer has also escaped any real msm (fake) bad press so to a lot of people it appears safe in comparison to the Astra....we could possibly see scenes like those at the German Sick arena here in the UK.

Edited by Outsider
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, HAARPING_On said:

 

Excerpt from that leaked Whitehall memo just for reference....
 

The final milestone is due on 21st June where ALL restrictions were promised to be lifted.

 

This will not be allowed to happen.

 

Vaccine passports / Track and Trace will be mandatory, as will masks and social distancing. The entire week of the 21st will be taken up by a third wave, which will suddenly be ‘rampant’, and this will be attributed to the South African variant which was now officially more deadly than what we have had previously. This will be accompanied with yet more issues with vaccine supplies. One of the vaccines will be said to be effective against the SA strain, but a convenient ‘problem’ with its manufacture will emerge. The Whitehall source went on to say: “All the measures are aimed at two things, vaccine passports and lockdowns starting next winter,” adding,

 

“The ultimate goal is to have the public back in their box.”

 

Hmmmm, can you see where this is going yet? 🤬

Hi, could you post which whitehall leak is this?

Sorry, I've tried to find it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Outsider said:

Hmm so switching the focus back on the dormant SA variety is on the card, give the proles a left hook with the Indian and deliver the knock out blow with the South African. I suspect the Pfizer is the one they will say is most effective, shortages and the freezer issues will create a panicky demand that could cause many to override their vaccine hesitancy and rush to the vax centers.  

 

The Pfizer has also escaped any real msm (fake) bad press so to lot of people it appears safe in comparison to the Astra....we could possibly see scenes like those at the German Sick arena here in the UK.

I fully expect the blackbloods and sleepers to still have the taste of carrot in their mouths when they get that punch and fall flat on their arses as the rug is whipped away from them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Illuminator said:

 

Used in end of life care.

 

Right at the beginning when doctors closed up doors and refused to go and treat care homes. Instead getting them to sign DNRs and writing end of life prescriptions in hand for all patients in every care home. Let that sink in. 

 

Doctors refused treatment but offered death kits instead. My partner helped write those emergency scripts.

Thanks and thanks to Simontv for explanation,very clear now

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Nobby Noboddy said:

Thanks that's a great one to send my 'still-normie but cracks starting to show' grown up daughters.

 

 

You're welcome. Hope the vid helps a bit. 👍

 

This is another good one. Truth video posing as standard youtuber fare-

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ziggy Sawdust said:

I fancy even the majority of braindead zombies will wake up to this bollocks.

I wish it would.

Do you honestly think it will? 

People actually seriously believe it all. This will even further entrench them into the narrative.

It's also likely to lead to racism against Asians???

Where I was working yesterday, all kids are Asian in origin, all members of staff muzzled all day, whilst teaching, some mask and visor, even outside, all looking at me in horror with no mask on, just my exemption card force field of protection.

They were doing that crazy thing of keeping the mask of whilst eating, just surreptitiously lowering the mask whilst glancing nervously around, to shove another mouthful in. And throwing me looks of contempt, obviously.

Fucking idiots.

I thought teachers were meant to be intelligent.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Snip-it_1620905110526.jpg.52d728460fa4b4365e23af0555a53546.jpg

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6023641

 

Snip-it_1620905154455.jpg.8855b6910a9b4f3318a5a34cdf2e067e.jpg

 

Fact check!!  They are also landing at major airports. No matter what the airport size they need to fly through regulated airspace with all the surveillance that implies. Meaning there is no sneaky sneaky just boldface flaunting of the measures. Meaning the measures are for people without "connections" in the right places. Communist Soviet Union played their version of this beloved tyranny recipe 100 years ago. Old shoe with new feet 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Pina Colada said:

I wish it would.

Do you honestly think it will? 

People actually seriously believe it all. This will even further entrench them into the narrative.

It's also likely to lead to racism against Asians???

Where I was working yesterday, all kids are Asian in origin, all members of staff muzzled all day, whilst teaching, some mask and visor, even outside, all looking at me in horror with no mask on, just my exemption card force field of protection.

They were doing that crazy thing of keeping the mask of whilst eating, just surreptitiously lowering the mask whilst glancing nervously around, to shove another mouthful in. And throwing me looks of contempt, obviously.

Fucking idiots.

I thought teachers were meant to be intelligent.

 

The teachers are as brainwashed as the little darlings entrusted to their care,They exist in a closed loop society based on wokery and Guardian thought processes expect no help whatsoever from teachers in the coming debacle of child vaccination,they will roll over and do everything to comply

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, whatthefoxhat said:

Is this another primer article for something in the pipeline regarding free crypto's (as opposed to government/world bank authorised),note the tying in to the green agenda as in 'being bad for it' Once something has had that tag attached it's doomed

 

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/may/12/elon-musk-tesla-bitcoin

Just scanned the article, doesn't seem to mention any estimate of bitcoin's contribution to power usage. Not surprising really. They wouldn't want to upset Gates these days by talking about power usage in the telecommunications industry generally.  This guardian piece from 2017 does though-

 

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/dec/11/tsunami-of-data-could-consume-fifth-global-electricity-by-2025

 

first part-

The communications industry could use 20% of all the world’s electricity by 2025, hampering attempts to meet climate change targets and straining grids as demand by power-hungry server farms storing digital data from billions of smartphones, tablets and internet-connected devices grows exponentially.

The industry has long argued that it can considerably reduce carbon emissions by increasing efficiency and reducing waste, but academics are challenging industry assumptions. A new paper, due to be published by US researchers later this month, will forecast that information and communications technology could create up to 3.5% of global emissions by 2020 – surpassing aviation and shipping – and up to 14% 2040, around the same proportion as the US today.

 

And this from 2016- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3707040/Will-computers-run-power-Machines-use-world-s-production-electricity-2040-experts-claim.html

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • lake locked this topic
  • lake unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...