Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

I saw this woman at Saisbury and she looked like she couldn't understand how I could take the risk of not wearing the mask and as I was walking out she was putting alcohol on her hands while looking at me and she even laughed nervously. I wonder if she thinks I infected the store from not wearing a mask. 

• Replies 58.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DarianF

• Avoiceinthecrowd

• oddsnsods

• SimonTV

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have now been called to the final vaccination deadline as a health care professional. I informed my employer that these vaccines are not technically vaccines, but are "gene therapies" as they employ

You wont believe this.   I just went down Lidls to get some steak.   Security guard calls me out as I walk past & I ignore him. Gets my steak walks to the credit only till

EXPLAIN PLEASE........   People expect so many answers without giving anything back in return.   If the "tin foil hatters" are so nuts, how about the rule followers give some answe

Posted Images

Just now, SimonTV said:

I saw this woman at Saisbury and she looked like she couldn't understand how I could take the risk of not wearing the mask and as I was walking out she was putting alcohol on her hands while looking at me and she even laughed nervously. I wonder if she thinks I infected the store from not wearing a mask. 

Good. I hope she has a sleepless night over it. Brainwashed moron.

• Thanks 1

I was just reading the local newspaper "covid passports to help open west end" 

More tests and more hassle. This is dystopia and I really pray that the covid passport lot don't start to turn to non covid passport folk 

Who needs to read 1984/brave new world when it's happening in front of our eyes

1 minute ago, Mr H said:

I had some weirdo at the door also today.

Muzzled up with couple layers of cloth. I couldn't understand a word he was saying. Kept on asking him to repeat himself, he looked really embarrassed, I was like, "what are you actually trying to tell me? and who are you?"

Said he was doing a 10 year census or someink. I said just moved in so ,don't worry w about me, and off he went multimasks between his legs.

As a foreigner I already had hard time to understand some English people and with these masks on I can recognise only baa baa baa... 🥴

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, northern star said:

The problem with this Covid war is that, unlike the Second World War, where everyone was united against a common enemy, the Nazis and fascism, here we have brother set against brother, or friend, or family member, or work colleague. People cant see, if we all united against the real enemy it would be game over. At the moment its like a tug of war, seeing which side reaches the majority, or critical mass, vax versus anti-vax, to pull the flag over the line as it were. And meanwhile the powers that be are laughing at our division and fighting because they know while we are divided, they win.

Ah the good old days... when our soldiers used to fight foreign enemies, and when our police used to protect the community from actual criminals.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Shake said:

I was just reading the local newspaper "covid passports to help open west end" 

More tests and more hassle. This is dystopia and I really pray that the covid passport lot don't start to turn to non covid passport folk 

Who needs to read 1984/brave new world when it's happening in front of our eyes

This one? https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/covid-vaccine-passports-open-west-end-clubs-theatres-london-b928042.html

2 minutes ago, DarianF said:

Good. I hope she has a sleepless night over it. Brainwashed moron.

It just shows realy how difficult it is to work out what people are implying without the facial expressions. A lot of communication, especially in the UK is done with facial expressions. I could have sworn this one woman crossing the street before she passed me on the pavement was smiling at me but I will never know because all I could see was the mask. I suspect she had a look of disgust or horror because I wasn't wearing a mask glad I the mask covers that up. They have been wearing the mask for so long they probably forget that people can't see their facial expressions. 

Just now, Shake said:

That's the one. It's free and I need to read between the lines of these psychopaths

That off licence down the road will be getting much more custom if this actually happens

This is the kind of statement that really pisses me off:

"One senior figure in the West End business community said anything that could get London’s heart “pumping” again must be considered."

No, idiot. Some things must never, ever be considered! That's the problem with this whole bullshit. No one is just drawing an old fashioned line in the sand and saying, "fuck you, you shall not pass... EVER! You will have to kill me before I ever allow you to cross this line." No... they just accept anything.

No one has any principles. Everyone is piss weak.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

"Australians vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccine have a 50 per cent chance of developing mild side effects, and one in four will need to take time off work, study, or their daily responsibilities after getting their first dose."

https://www.smh.com.au/national/one-in-two-given-astrazeneca-vaccine-report-mild-side-effects-20210406-p57gu8.html

More normalising of side effects. Yes, sheep, go back to sleep. Your Government loves you.

22 minutes ago, DarianF said:

Ah the good old days... when our soldiers used to fight foreign enemies, and when our police used to protect the community from actual criminals.

Ha! I never thought Id see the day when conventional warfare seemed straightforward and at least brought some kind of camaraderie, and the police were on our side. They really are so evil, they have succeeded in making us enemies against each other.

18 minutes ago, Human10 said:

As a foreigner I already had hard time to understand some English people and with these masks on I can recognise only baa baa baa... 🥴

It's not you. Even as a native, often I can't understand the Maskey language.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, northern star said:

Ha! I never thought Id see the day when conventional warfare seemed straightforward and at least brought some kind of camaraderie, and the police were on our side. They really are so evil, they have succeeded in making us enemies against each other.

When I was a kid, my mother always said, "if you're ever in trouble, go to the Police."

Now I tell my mother, "if you see the Police, keep your mouth shut and don't make eye contact."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've seen some White Rose posters near where I live yesterday, very heart warming.

Otherwise I am starting to lose hope. I managed to not involve myself with coivd news as it just brings me down but it feels like the last couple days everything has been ramped up to 1000%. What can we do to stop this? Obviously non-compliance but there has to be more. I think the posters are a good idea to get to people on the fence potentially.

20210405_143904.jpg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, truth_seeker90 said:

I've seen some White Rose posters near where I live yesterday, very heart warming.

Otherwise I am starting to lose hope. I managed to not involve myself with coivd news as it just brings me down but it feels like the last couple days everything has been ramped up to 1000%. What can we do to stop this? Obviously non-compliance but there has to be more. I think the posters are a good idea to get to people on the fence potentially.

20210405_143904.jpg

Anything that pisses off the mask Nazis is better than nothing ;-)

2 minutes ago, truth_seeker90 said:

20210405_143904.jpg

PS. Here's an idea. Make a peel-off poster, and when a local mask nazi angrily peels it off, underneath you have another notice "Hello wanker. I coughed here. Good day."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Human10 said:

But look at buggy Windows we use for ages... I guess he hires retarded, cheapest programmers too... Just greedy man who's selling shit in nice wrap.

fatal.jpg