Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

1 hour ago, Orange Alert said:

There was a population prediction that was posted up on the forum in about 2019 from some military source about some countries would see big drops in populations in the mid 2020s.  The U.K. was going to have something like 50 million people and the USA 100 million.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

50 minutes ago, bamboozooka said:

yep deagel.com

uk goes from 65m to 14m

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2021 at 4:31 PM, Truthspoon said:

But the principle is to prevent the-transmission of bacteria and viruses. 

Does it really hurt so much to wear a mask? Honestly?

Asiatic countries routinely wear masks to prevent the transmission of colds and flus.

Maybe there's a reason Western countries have such high infection rates of Covid 19 while Asian countries do not.....

How about that? At least consider it..... it might make logical sense.

A Japanese study showed that facemasks, including those that the government had been giving out free, did naff all and made no difference to infection, so ...

Of course, if you are actually coughing and sneezing, it probably does help to stop "germs" spreading (in that case you shouldn't be going out), but if you have no symptoms it's useless, silly and possibly harmful. And, yes it really does hurt me to wear a mask, I can't breathe, my blood O2 drops below 90 and I get tachycardia.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 4:43 PM, Truthspoon said:

Where I live I wear a mask outdoors, except when I'm driving or going for a jog, or hiking.

Weirdly I've never been healthier. I usually have a couple of colds a year. Last time I had a cold was a year ago, last March.

Don't get me wrong, I don't love masks, but I'm just not that bothered by them as a concept and they may help reduce the risk of transmitting and catching Covid, which I believe is a Chinese bio-weapon and genuinely exists.

Correlation is not causation. I've never worn a mask, had my last cold in 2018 and have never had flu (I think I'd notice)

1 hour ago, Lamp Of Truth said:

Won't be anywhere close to 95%. I've seen polls from France for example were 30/40% of adults will not be getting the vaccine, fairly sure there were UK polls done recently and it was about 20% over here.

If people really were en masse lining up for the jab and there was no pushback why would there be relentless and increasingly desperate propaganda trying to convince people to get it ??

I think to our eyes the propaganda is obviously desperate and over the top...but viewed through the masses eyes I think they equate relentless with importance. Remember most people don't view the media like we do....to the proles if it's always on the news then its meaning rises dramatically. The msm will not allow the narrative to fizzle out...pressure has to be applied from every direction for even the most stubborn refusenik to give in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Outsider said:

I think to our eyes the propaganda is obviously desperate and over the top...but viewed through the masses eyes I think they equate relentless with importance. Remember most people don't view the media like we do....to the proles if it's always on the news then its meaning rises dramatically. The msm will not allow the narrative to fizzle out...pressure has to be applied from every direction for even the most stubborn refusenik to give in.

I really do think going back to an earlier point I made, walk around a big supermarket and I'm fairly confident everyone currently wearing a mask will have been vaxed by the end of this year.

9 hours ago, Human10 said:

Mormons are the last that I'm afraid of :D

They're up there with the Chicoms for DNA harvesting. I wouldn't dismiss completely.

Combined DNA Index System or CODIS main database is in Utah,  and the main Ancestry.com has its headquarters in Lehi, Utah as well.

Whilst on-the-record ownership isn't the Mormon Church, but the dubious Blackstone Group - one of Mitt Romneys (a Mormon) little pets. 

The Church of Later Day Saints obsessed with genealogy! [From memory] they believe everyone who is not a Mormon is going to hell, including their ancestors who are currently frying in it. So they go through all records of hatched/matched/dispatched in order to dial up their forefathers and "save them from Hell" and so they can be together in the Afterlife.

Latter-day Saints believe that the eternal joining of families is possible through sacred sealing ceremonies that take place in temples. These temple rites may also be performed by proxy for those who have died. Consequently, for Latter-day Saints, genealogical research or family history is the essential forerunner for temple work for the dead. In Latter-day Saint belief, the dead have the choice to accept or reject the services performed for them.

Since 1894, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has dedicated time and resources to collecting and sharing records of genealogical importance. Due to cooperation from government archives, churches, and libraries, the Church has created the largest collection of family records in the world, with information on more than 3 billion deceased people. 

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/topic/genealogy

FILE - In this April 18, 2019, file photo, shows the Salt Lake Temple, in Salt Lake City. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints came out Monday, May 13, 2019, against a comprehensive nondiscrimination bill that faces long odds in Congress,

General Conference Packet - Temple Memory Game | Lds general conference  activities, Lds general conference, General conference

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blackstone_Group

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2019/12/27/21026119/dna-personal-privacy-crime-fighting-fourth-amendment-golden-state-killer-database

Unrelated sidenote:

**GIGGLE**   *little flaps for times of procreation* **giggle**

267px-Garment.jpg

Garments are worn both day and night and are required for any adult who previously participated in the endowment ceremony to enter a temple.

44 minutes ago, skitzorat said:

Queue theme song:

(Cybergoths give me SlimeLight and Camden flashbacks from the mid 2000s lol)

Don't know who would be huffing and puffing the most , the goths or Thomas the Tank engine

• Haha 1

Snip-it_1617035943678.jpg.e986bcc2552b2b1eaa584b64f246c4b6.jpg

https://science.thewire.in/health/the-astrazeneca-vaccine-crisis-in-europe-wasnt-about-science-at-all/

Snip-it_1617036054627.jpg.0bc1874f2350b4099a47d91548d9618a.jpg

Citizens "have" been easily convinced by remote imposters claiming to be "experts". How do they think they conned us for a year and counting? These swindlers produce some of the most amazing doubletalk. Are they planning on pleading insanity if the agenda "goes south"?

1 minute ago, oddsnsods said:

1918 was probably another hoax.. only vaccinated got sick they say.

https://salmartingano.com/2020/05/the-1918-spanish-flu-only-the-vaccinated-died/

Bacterial pneumonia was rebranded to Spanish Flu. They wore masks wholesale. Karens and chinbaggers and all that. Our mask illnesses will be covid too. Same recipe just 100 years later.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, - TZC - said:

I'd guess you're looking at it wrong man. Kid finds a way to answer inane questions with a bit of verve, smartassing it based on the current situation. It made me think of the shite answers I put down in school and it's backed up by the 'see me after class' 😂

I'm sure you'd laugh at my schoolbooks, the shite I put to paper just to piss off the teachers. I don't know if the questioned 

were thick or gave the clever answer for sure, but that made me smile anyway and hopefully they put covid as satire.

I know I would.

No I'm not, I'm not referring to the little genius in this picture, I'm asking how the feck these kids need 3/4 of the answer but still get it wrong. Maybe I worded it wrong but that's what I meant. And I certainly don't remember getting 3/4 of the answer when I was in school either. How times have changed hey. 👍

Edited by Morpheus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Chinnery said:

https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/03/26/michigan-has-a-new-leader-in-the-surge-of-covid-cases-kids/4750748001/

COVID-19 cases in Michigan among kids ages 10 to 19 have risen 133% in the last four weeks, faster than any other age group as the state confronts another spike in virus cases.

Them and their fucking 33.

BORING.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankieboy said:

goths

They were Cyber goths, thank you😉😆

You need to learn your early to mid 2000s UK sub-cultures 🤣

It's a crime against history that the once Powerful, Proud and Noble Germanic Peoples, who helped bring down the Western Roman Empire and who ruled the Iberian peninsular for over 300 years, had their name associated and thus sullied with such a wan*stain of modern culture; that's all you think when you hear the word!

At least the Vandals became associated in our lexicon with something with a little bit more pizazz.😆

1 hour ago, wingwang said:

I know two people who had the jab this morning. The first, a local shopkeeper, drove to get his and had to get someone to pick him up as he didn't feel right. When I saw him he had the shakes and was feeling really tired. He was waiting for his colleague to come back from the cash and carry so he could go home. He said he only got it so he could go back to Sri Lanka for family visits.

The second one, a neighbour, calling it 'the Zeker' [sic] said he felt light headed and dry. "It's just a jab," he said. He done no research and couldn't even say the friggin' name properly. He's got Guillain-Barré syndrome so we'll see how that pans out...

What a pair of mugs.

• Like 3