Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Did you factor out the 'deaths for any reason within 28 days of a positive test result'? 

No, I just used the crude numbers put out by the government.

My point was that even with their "worst case scenario" fake numbers, a 2.93% mortality rate does not justify referring to COVID as a "deadly" disease, and also doesn't justify any restrictions whatsoever.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Orange Alert said:

There was a population prediction that was posted up on the forum in about 2019 from some military source about some countries would see big drops in populations in the mid 2020s.  The U.K. was going to have something like 50 million people and the USA 100 million.

yep deagel.com

uk goes from 65m to 14m

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Outsider said:

I'm thinking that by the end of July around 95% of adult population will have had the vax. I don't really see a serious pushback against it. It's disheartening but I view anyone who has consented to wearing a mask in a shop will inevitably have the vaccine. It's a logical assumption that if you don't bother to look into the negative effects of mask wearing you're certainly not going to question the safety of the vax. 

Won't be anywhere close to 95%. I've seen polls from France for example were 30/40% of adults will not be getting the vaccine, fairly sure there were UK polls done recently and it was about 20% over here.

If people really were en masse lining up for the jab and there was no pushback why would there be relentless and increasingly desperate propaganda trying to convince people to get it ??

• Like 3

On 3/25/2021 at 8:20 AM, boroughonian said:

I've definitely not had the virus, I am in the vulnerable cat and I shielded well before I was told to and been a hermit for a year. I had the vax and after 6 or so weeks I seem to be getting all the long covid symptoms!

So the vaccine has triggered ME/CFS in you. You know who is to blame! At least now cv is fashionable you stand a chance of getting some treatment, which people with CFS from other illnesses don't. It's all in your mind - all you need is some CBT and graded exercise therapy.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Coldrum said:

About 6 months ago I had to visit a hospital and above the entrance there was a line of loudspeakers pumping out Covid nonsense non stop, first time it really hit home that we're living in a real life 1984.

2 hours ago, k_j_evans said:

I find that rather rude to mice - at least they are cute and provide a useful food source for my cats

lol

It looks more like a rat, to me, which is even worse because rats are extremely intelligent (mice are too, but I prefer pet rats lol [they're less stinky] and far more entertaining IMO)

1 minute ago, skitzorat said:

lol

It looks more like a rat, to me, which is even worse because rats are extremely intelligent (mice are too, but I prefer pet rats lol [they're less stinky] and far more entertaining IMO)

One stupid would take a vax, they would watch him and wait... If it drop dead the rest would stay away - It's my personal experience with exterminating these smart creatures... :/

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mr Chinnery said:

https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/03/26/michigan-has-a-new-leader-in-the-surge-of-covid-cases-kids/4750748001/

COVID-19 cases in Michigan among kids ages 10 to 19 have risen 133% in the last four weeks, faster than any other age group as the state confronts another spike in virus cases.

Masks works! Yay! 🥴

On 1/20/2021 at 8:43 AM, skitzorat said:

@Lamp Of Truth Spare a thought for our friends in Commiefornia

On 3/25/2021 at 10:59 AM, Shake said:

Anyway, I urge you all to opt out of the NHS using your data for private companies before march 31st. Sorry I don't have the link but it's on their website. I also opted out of them using my organs when I pass away. My organs are thankfully not healthy due to my love of a drink or three

Sadly, not possible to opt out unless you give NHS a mobile number or email address. which I am not doing. They are not processing paper forms because of the "pandemic". It is in theory possible to opt out over the phone, but apparently they still ask for mobile and email address, and if you can't hear (like me) you can't phone. Did the organ thing last year. Didn't have the same problem.

2 minutes ago, k_j_evans said:

Sadly, not possible to opt out unless you give NHS a mobile number or email address. which I am not doing. They are not processing paper forms because of the "pandemic". It is in theory possible to opt out over the phone, but apparently they still ask for mobile and email address, and if you can't hear (like me) you can't phone. Did the organ thing last year. Didn't have the same problem.

Anyone has link to do it online? I don't use cell phone anyway and can use useless mail.

I know two people who had the jab this morning. The first, a local shopkeeper, drove to get his and had to get someone to pick him up as he didn't feel right. When I saw him he had the shakes and was feeling really tired. He was waiting for his colleague to come back from the cash and carry so he could go home. He said he only got it so he could go back to Sri Lanka for family visits.

The second one, a neighbour, calling it 'the Zeker' [sic] said he felt light headed and dry. "It's just a jab," he said. He done no research and couldn't even say the friggin' name properly. He's got Guillain-Barré syndrome so we'll see how that pans out...