Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

31 minutes ago, CAC said:

Why should ordinary people have to learn complex and convoluted arguments in order to affirm and protect their inalienable rights?

England is a Common Law jurisdiction which protects our inalienable rights to go about our business as we please as long as it causes no harm or loss other people.

The government don't really have any authority, and use the smokescreen of legislation while really using Common Law.

Again: why should an ordinary person have to have extensive legal knowledge to go about their ordinary business as they have been used to prior to this fraud?

Our customs and traditions are lawful precedent, and cannot be interfered with by government.

Are you saying Jack is "uneducated"?! Just because they lack knowledge of this complex issue doesn't mean they are uneducated.

Anyway, if you've nothing constructive to offer then maybe it would be best holding your tongue?

I'm not going to respond to you about this issue any more.

An increase in icu  just meant that wards got renamed as icu. Whereas icu has always had ventilators and highly trained staff specific for that area.  These wards were just wards with patients diagnosed positive but not needing any ventilation. Usually depending upon conditions the patient will go to relevant ward ie Dementia, coranary care, kidney failure etc. These wards that were rebranded as icu just had a mix of patients with varying illnesses but diagnosed positive but not needing ventilation. The actual icu was less throughout. Certainly throughout summer. 

sorry. Meant to reply to your other post with the link regarding bed capacity

Edited by Liberty
  • Replies 51.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DarianF

• oddsnsods

• Avoiceinthecrowd

• SimonTV

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wont believe this.   I just went down Lidls to get some steak.   Security guard calls me out as I walk past & I ignore him. Gets my steak walks to the credit only till

Some images of today's demonstration in London (not taken by me personally).                

Fuck the fuck off.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, zArk said:

England does not protect rights. Common Law does not protect your rights/

The 'common law' is the custom and usage since time immemorial

Would you not agree that prior to COVID it was a "custom" that people travelled freely; opened their businesses as they had done for many weeks, months or years; and met in groups of however many people they wanted?

These customs make up our Common Law, and cannot be revoked by anyone.

a court of record can be used by the sovereign to enforce his/her inalienable rights

a court of record proceeds according to the common law

'go about our business' is legalese and i would be very very careful in using phrases

also like using 'protect rights'. i would use enforce rights instead

the former reads like a defense , the latter is a claim.

I'm not sure why you think it is legalese, but protect/enforce rights is potato/potato.

I prefer to affirm and assert my rights.

precedent can be used at your court but it is not limited to precedent. The English Common Law is quite different and relies upon precedent.

yes, i am saying that based upon the post. jack is uneducated and lacks knowledge of how to state his inalienable rights and clearly is uneducated in dealing with authorities stamping on his life

Are you English and familiar with English Common Law? You seem to think judicial precedent is the only factor in common law, but it also includes all the customs and traditions of the people outside of court proceedings

I would contend that rather than a blanket statement saying that Jack is "uneducated", which implies never receiving any education, you should have said they are ignorant of this area of issue.

In any case, you should offer help rather than mocking our fellow fighters. And if you can't offer help, then maybe use your expertise in other areas?

17 minutes ago, zArk said:

i was constructive, informative and offered a perspective that allows Jack to survive now and battle later

That is like seeing someone with their leg hanging off asking for help and saying "maybe you should have educated yourself in medicine and surgery and you'd be fine".

Not helpful.

2 hours ago, FrankVitali said:

When it goes to court it will be dropped.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-act-unlawful-prosecutions-review-uk-a9516566.html

Covid fines are unlawful and AFAIK every single one has been dropped or overturned at court

There is no route to appeal the penalties without refusing to pay and risking prosecution.

The CPS review found that 175 out of 187 charges under the regulations were correct.

the lad with the £10000 fine was ordered by the magistrate to pay £100

technicalities are being highlighted but the court is created by the CPS.

they are in the process of fine tuning everything. coppers will be sent on covid education courses to assist the CPS with convictions

175 out of 187 were completed and correct

anyone thinking that the state appointed solicitor or any solicitor /lawyer is there to help you should quickly realise that the 1st loyalty of a solicitor is to the court and since the court is the CPS's you will be fooooooooooked over.

maybe a 'private attorney' is a route but ultimately you are your own attorney

• Like 1

My other point being that icu has a staff ratio of 1-1 or 1-2 per patient. By rebranding these other areas the reports were saying something like staff ratio was now 1-3 average. Which was part true but in reality if it were not rebranded it would have been 1-6 sometimes 1-8 for a nurse to be in charge of which in my opinion 1-8 is asking for trouble. 1-6 is reasonable depending how sick the patient is. Some will be self caring others need more assistance and monitoring. 

5 minutes ago, CAC said:

That is like seeing someone with their leg hanging off asking for help and saying "maybe you should have educated yourself in medicine and surgery and you'd be fine".

Not helpful.

no, it is not. this is an internet forum.

to be fair, Jack now has a few options in front of him which is always a good thing

Face-scanning at pubs could offer key to vaccine passports

Britons could have their faces scanned to allow them to access pubs, gigs and sports events under one government-funded plan being drawn up for vaccine passports.

Technology firms with government funding are developing software to allow customers to be scanned when they enter venues and have their coronavirus data checked.

Venues are expected to be allowed to dispense with social distancing if they limit entry to people with a certificate. Pub chiefs expressed extreme discomfort with the idea this week, questioning the administrative burden as well as the possibility of fraud and discrimination.

While many use QR codes or offer certificates with names, biographical information and a photo, one company has developed a system in which someone could essentially use their own face to prove they have a Covid status certificate.

The joint effort by iProov and Mvine, tech companies given a £75,000 grant by the government’s innovation agency to help their work, hinges on facial verification technology which iProov has already provided to the NHS app. This app, which allows users to access their health records, including vaccinations and test results, is distinct from the contact tracing app introduced last year.

Andrew Bud, iProov’s chief executive, said he agreed with landlords that many certification schemes were impractical. “Whoever is standing on the door of the pub is going to have to scan the certificate, read the name and date of birth, then ask the person for an ID document, check that the name and date of birth on the ID document are the same, squint at the photograph on the ID document and then make sure that the person in front of them is that person,” he said. “To which the answer is, that’s not going to happen.”

Under Bud’s scheme, someone wanting access to the pub would simply have to look at a phone camera — not necessarily on their own phone — for a matter of seconds, during which their face would be checked against a cloud-based database of vaccinations and tests. The pub would not have to independently verify any information itself.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/face-scanning-tech-covid-vaccine-certificates-mcppsddfp

1 minute ago, oddsnsods said:

Britons could have their faces scanned to allow them to access pubs, gigs and sports events under one government-funded plan being drawn up for vaccine passports.

Technology firms with government funding are developing software to allow customers to be scanned when they enter venues and have their coronavirus data checked.

Venues are expected to be allowed to dispense with social distancing if they limit entry to people with a certificate. Pub chiefs expressed extreme discomfort with the idea this week, questioning the administrative burden as well as the possibility of fraud and discrimination.

While many use QR codes or offer certificates with names, biographical information and a photo, one company has developed a system in which someone could essentially use their own face to prove they have a Covid status certificate.

The joint effort by iProov and Mvine, tech companies given a £75,000 grant by the government’s innovation agency to help their work, hinges on facial verification technology which iProov has already provided to the NHS app. This app, which allows users to access their health records, including vaccinations and test results, is distinct from the contact tracing app introduced last year.

Andrew Bud, iProov’s chief executive, said he agreed with landlords that many certification schemes were impractical. “Whoever is standing on the door of the pub is going to have to scan the certificate, read the name and date of birth, then ask the person for an ID document, check that the name and date of birth on the ID document are the same, squint at the photograph on the ID document and then make sure that the person in front of them is that person,” he said. “To which the answer is, that’s not going to happen.”

Under Bud’s scheme, someone wanting access to the pub would simply have to look at a phone camera — not necessarily on their own phone — for a matter of seconds, during which their face would be checked against a cloud-based database of vaccinations and tests. The pub would not have to independently verify any information itself.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/face-scanning-tech-covid-vaccine-certificates-mcppsddfp

what a surprise ~!

bet all those ASDA face cameras on the tills are just for 'security'

4 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

Eddie Alleyn

NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

Eddie spent 35 years working for the UK Government, in the FCO, Cabinet Office and MOD. For the last five of those years, until the end of 2016, he was Chair and CEO at HMGCC, leading teams designing, integrating and manufacturing secure systems of various kinds for Government use.

Since leaving Government service, Eddie now has a portfolio of Executive and Advisory roles with a small number of innovative tech and cyber security start-ups and scale-ups in London, including iProov. He sits on the Advisory Board of a large investment fund, with a focus on Defence and Security. He also advises SANS Institute, especially in connection with DCMS’s Cyber Schools Programme. He is a Fellow of the IET, and sits on its Information Technology Policy Panel.

Andrew Bud CBE FREng FIET

FOUNDER & CEO

Andrew founded iProov in 2012. He is an experienced technology entrepreneur and leader, with a career spanning thirty years in mobile.

In 1999 he founded mBlox, which became the world’s largest provider of SMS transmission for enterprise applications. As CEO, Andrew built the firm into a successful high-throughput technology-based service business. Andrew also chairs MEF, the global trade association of the mobile content and commerce industry.

He was made a CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) by the Queen in the 2020 New Year Honours List.

https://www.iproov.com/about-us/iproov-leadership

Snouts in troughs and you will also be rewarded for your work serving the beast.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Who's took the jam out of your doughnut zark,  chill man.

If you get fined for breaching the coronavirus act, don't pay it. It is wholly unlawful. Acts of parliament are not law. Statutes and Acts are only given the force of law by the consent of the governed.

Be like Chris Sky, he's a boss.

51 minutes ago, Mr Chinnery said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9401151/Boris-Johnson-faces-Tory-revolt-crunch-vote-TODAY-extending-Covid-powers-SEPTEMBER.html

Covid laws are extended until SEPTEMBER: Boris sees off Tory rebellion as MPs vote 484 to 76 to KEEP draconian measures in place - despite deaths falling 33% in a week and hospitalisations plummeting

Fancy being obsessed with the number 33.

Is there a name for such a mental illness I wonder.

You may also note that article was published at 9.11

Piss takers.

Edited by Ziggy Sawdust
1 hour ago, FrankVitali said:

Who's took the jam out of your doughnut zark,  chill man.

If you get fined for breaching the coronavirus act, don't pay it. It is wholly unlawful. Acts of parliament are not law. Statutes and Acts are only given the force of law by the consent of the governed.

Be like Chris Sky, he's a boss.

LOL, hes a cops nightmare

"i do not understand and i do not accept " < lmao , hes educated.

he knows the word game those fuckers fling around

"is that an order or your wish?" << questions like this are great

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, zArk said:

LOL, hes a cops nightmare

"i do not understand and i do not accept " < lmao , hes educated.

he knows the word game those fuckers fling around

"is that an order or your wish?" << questions like this are great

Alan Watt mentioned this guy on one of his final broadcasts before he died.

2 minutes ago, perpetual said:

I take it Mr Cohen isn't the Zionist but just ordinary Jewish... Does he know he is also on the kill list like many other Israelis? It's like trying to choke his own throat.... mnnn yeah

He has that dip in his upper lip, like Schwab and other reps do.

image.png.5d6ff7ed414f0d70f7b6451dc8f6d4e0.png 

6 minutes ago, perpetual said:

I take it Mr Cohen isn't the Zionist but just ordinary Jewish... Does he know he is also on the kill list like many other Israelis? It's like trying to choke his own throat.... mnnn yeah

The revolution devours its own children ;)

2 hours ago, zArk said:

no, it is not. this is an internet forum.

to be fair, Jack now has a few options in front of him which is always a good thing

I'm not going to get into an argument about it, or disrupt the thread over this.

You're clearly from the US and have little understanding of the nuances of English Common Law, so let's just leave it at this, shall we?

You have given Jack some links and hopefully they can get some better advice from those more qualified than you or I.

• Haha 1