Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

44 minutes ago, DarianF said:

TRIGGER WARNING (trust me, it's bad...)

France’s misinformation fight

The Anti-Vax Files

France is one of the most vaccine sceptical countries in the world. A recent poll suggests just 40% of French people intend to take a Covid-19 vaccine, but what's fuelling the doubt?

We meet the superstar doctor whose anti-authoritarian zeal has inspired an army of devotees, and the conspiracy obsessed shaman with a huge following on social media.

Plus, the activists staging a fightback. “Marie” runs a pro-vaccine Facebook group aimed at countering disinformation but wants to remain anonymous following a string of death threats. And Tristan Mendes France works with the team behind “Conspiracy Watch”, a site that keeps a close eye on the spread of toxic information online.

Presenter: Mike Wendling
Reporter: Marianna Spring
Producer: Sam Judah

AUDIO: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3ct2dmc

Producer's surname tells everything 🤣

4 minutes ago, DarianF said:

Do they still study this at school? If they do, I wonder if the kids now actually realise they are living in an Orwellian hell right now... or will they only realise 30 years later?

I don't think so. Maybe my daughter is in class for retards because of her English but I don't remember any books they had to read... Just some articles from newspapers about global warming, Marcus, BLM and Sarah... 

8 minutes ago, DarianF said:

Do they still study this at school? If they do, I wonder if the kids now actually realise they are living in an Orwellian hell right now... or will they only realise 30 years later?

I did animal farm in the eighties

6 minutes ago, DarianF said:

I made the mistake of listening to this shite in the car tonight - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3ct2dmc - god help me, I almost had to pull over and cry.

But they know it will have reverse effect? People don't like to be pushed to anything. I don't. I was't antivaxer before this pandemic but anger and distrust to this 'science' grows with every minute. 

2 minutes ago, Human10 said:

But they know it will have reverse effect? People don't like to be pushed to anything. I don't. I was't antivaxer before this pandemic but anger and distrust to this 'science' grows with every minute. 

Same here. I've never been against vaccines in general (if you want one, fine, take it), because they have not been forced upon me. But now this shit is really crossing the line and my hatred is growing.

Edited by DarianF
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

Thanks Ziggy - out of likes yet again...

I will also tag @GarethIcke into this post in case he sees it here sooner. Here is the letter again.

image.jpeg.b3a0d8d17ecd6d5b87d06741c229a7c4.jpeg

There definitely needs to be a campaign to seek clarification on this issue from all other insurance companies. If these guys are saying it, then you can bet your arse that all the others will be doing the same. None of them would dare take this kind of risk on an experimental vaccine, because they know if the effects are negative they will completely collapse as a company. No way in hell any insurance company is that stupid. So we need more of these statements... and the lawyers need to start seeing them too.

"Another factor causing trepidation for some is the question of whether taking the vaccine will impact health and life insurance coverage.  Online misinformation has spread the impression that any side effects of COVID vaccines won’t be covered by your current insurance policy.  There have also been rumors that getting a shot will void life insurance." https://finance.yahoo.com/news/insurance-companies-punish-getting-covid-200000297.html

@Ziggy Sawdust The fact they are tying to dismiss the 'rumours' tells me they're genuinely worried. They don't want this angle getting out.

13 minutes ago, DarianF said:

"Another factor causing trepidation for some is the question of whether taking the vaccine will impact health and life insurance coverage.  Online misinformation has spread the impression that any side effects of COVID vaccines won’t be covered by your current insurance policy.  There have also been rumors that getting a shot will void life insurance." https://finance.yahoo.com/news/insurance-companies-punish-getting-covid-200000297.html

@Ziggy Sawdust The fact they are tying to dismiss the 'rumours' tells me they're genuinely worried. They don't want this angle getting out.

That Bupa letter says it all.

It isn't remotely online misinformation!

17 minutes ago, DarianF said:

Correct.

4 hours ago, Pina Colada said:

"It could offer a safer alternative to traditional pregnancy and childbirth and provide a healthier environment for the foetus by eliminating the risks of drugs or alcohol and providing an ideal balance of nutrients, temperature, movement and sound."

According to the article.

Aldous Huxley eat ya heart out.

How on earth did we reach 7 billion without science?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DarianF said:

Another idea. Send it to @Grumpy Owl . Hey Owl, correct me if I'm wrong, but you mentioned you have a website that you can upload PDF's to that can't be deleted?

1 hour ago, DarianF said:

@Ziggy Sawdust PS. As mentioned above:  @Grumpy Owl - site here:  https://thegrumpyowl.co.uk/

Members here have always been welcome to join my site and post in my forums, and yes I have configured it so PDF files can be attached to posts there.

Files can be deleted though, only if I choose to do so, what I meant was that I'm in full control of my webspace, with no outside interference. 😉

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Members here have always been welcome to join my site and post in my forums, and yes I have configured it so PDF files can be attached to posts there.

Files can be deleted though, only if I choose to do so, what I meant was that I'm in full control of my webspace, with no outside interference. 😉

Yeah that's what I meant sorry - not deleted by outside censors.

5 minutes ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

Returning to the topic of ethylene oxide, in May 2017 Public Health England included this substance in its 'Compendium of Chemical Hazards'.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/614329/Ethylene_oxide_general_information.pdf

image.png.c9a682c40dd6241ac88cbba8799c6a57.png

"Ideally, these sterile loads should be aerated for a number of hours.."

https://www.gasdetection.com/gas-detection-knowledge-base/interesting-applications/covid-19-swabs-ethylene-oxide-and-warehouses/

But are they ? 🧐 I wouldn't bet on it.

• lake locked this topic
  • lake unlocked this topic