Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

8 minutes ago, The Illuminator said:

You couldn't be more right. If @truthspoon wants to make himself feel better by thinking wearing the subservient tool is good for him, that's his prerogative. I certainly will never submit to wearing one. My slave ancestor DNA forbids it.

Look dude, I know it was fun to set up a taunting circle back in primary school when you get to form a ring and pick on  the odd kid who didn't fit in, but presumably you're a grown up now.

I don't feel better about anything, you're doing what people with a weak argument always do, creating a new one, a strawman over which you can dictate the terms.

But I said none of the things you are saying, I am just pointing out that hygiene IS A THING and that historically hand washing and the use of surgical masks was shown to reduce the transmission of germs and diseases.

Edited by Truthspoon

20 hours ago, Truthspoon said:

If you really don't want to wear a mask then at least put some effort into seeing a doctor and suddenly becoming asthmatic.

Our system makes up the rules as they go along and if you think you can rely on the good faith of the system and its laws then you're just going to end up getting a load of shit you don't need.

Play the game. If you really don't want to wear a mask, instead of having a cringey and dangerous stand-off with police-officers get a letter and shove it right into their faces and tell them they can legally now fuck off.

At this present moment in time we who don't want to wear one dont. We dont yet have to pretend to have an ailment. A simple "I'm exempt" suffices. No one is allowed to ask why as per disability act 2010.

I do agree though a long term letter from GP might be a good idea. Problem is GPs said straight off the bat that they will not provide mask wearing exemptions, as the work load would be too much. Lazy fuckers.

1 hour ago, Truthspoon said:

Washing your hands weakens your immune system?

Did you just actually say that out loud?

Looks like we're entering an intellectual dark-age on the Forum.

LOL, you really are up your own arse as usual.

Hand Satanizes definitely weakens your immune system its known as the hygiene hypothesis & can lead to auto immune disease.

I believe also in herd immunity, which the WHO have changed the definition of to mean people immunised with vaccines.

Autoimmune disorders and hypersensitivities in the developed world

One of the current reigning theories is the hygiene hypothesis. Proposed in the early 1980s, the theory states that the hyper clean environments induced by an excess of Clorox, Lysol, and hand sanitizer have actually had a negative impact on the human immune system(3). This negative impact is especially pronouncedfor those who have been raised in these hyper clean, asepticenvironments. In essence, the human allergy responseand these autoimmune diseasesareproposed to be theresult of a bored immune system with too few actual pathogens to fight off. Since it is largely unoccupied, the system attacks antigens that would have gone unnoticed in past generations

https://commons.nmu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1077&context=conspectus_borealis

2 minutes ago, Truthspoon said:

Look dude, I know it was fun to set up a taunting circle back in primary school when you get to form a ring and pick on  the odd kid who didn't fit in, but presumably you're a grown up now.

I don't feel better about anything, you're doing what people with a weak argument always do, creating a new one, a strawman over which you can dictate the terms.

But I said none of the things you are saying, I am just pointing out the hygiene IS A THING and that historically hand washing and the use of surgical masks was shown to reduce the transmission of germs and diseases.

No ones picking on anyone mate. You dont wanna wear one cos it hurts your wallet. That's fair enough. But you cant say that we should all get used to wearing them as they are good for you and help reduce transmission of respiratory diseases. Which multiple studies show that outside a clinical surgery setting. They offer next to no help in reducing respiratory disease infections.

Some studies show that its airborne, not human contact, some studies show its inanimate contact not others, so basically you have to take the stance they are all true (germ theory) or all false (terrain theory)

You've seen that vid of that guy trying all those masks in the cold weather? Every person has a aura of themselves that we contaminate every breath we take. So unless we all gonna walk about in hazmat suit, masks ain't going to do diddly squat mate. 

The mask is one of the biggest problems we are facing currently. If everyone takes them off this charade will recede.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

Hand Satanizes definitely weakens your immune system its known as the hygiene hypothesis & can lead to auto immune disease.

I believe also in herd immunity, which the WHO have changed the definition of to mean people immunised with vaccines.

I’ve had this bottle of hand sanitiser for over 10 years, it’s in pristine condition, never been opened. I love the name......

3CB9E8A2-A62A-415C-9ED0-3F33EC23BF36.jpeg.c27ab012973e0fa78e407234875e5e32.jpeg

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, The Illuminator said:

No ones picking on anyone mate. You dont wanna wear one cos it hurts your wallet. That's fair enough.  

I'm not that bothered by the masks. It's not a hill I would die on and not something which I consider worth fighting for, because as I keep trying to point out, there is actually a good case for the wearing of these face masks. Not saying I care much either way, just saying the case exists.

If you being made to wearing a mask is tantamount to slavery then enjoy your fantasy, but I would be worried about how you might react when things get really oppressive. 

You have nowhere to go, you've already worked yourself up into a fully persecuted mind-set. When things get really bad you'll fall apart. 

You have to keep your powder dry, realise what is worth fighting for and when you have truth and the facts on your side.

I'm far from convinced that the people who believe Covid 19 does not exist have the truth and reality on their side.

So if Covid 19 does exist and is potentially harmful to certain individuals, then it might make sense to try to help prevent its spread somehow.

Edited by Truthspoon

15 minutes ago, The Illuminator said:

And this.

I'm gonna face a fight not to have 9 year old son from having twice weekly testing and vaccination.

I have read other parents saying the told the school they do not want this nor masking for their kids and they complied without any battle.

8 minutes ago, shadowmoon said:

I have read other parents saying the told the school they do not want this nor masking for their kids and they complied without any battle.

Fingers crossed that will be the case mate. I'm contemplating putting those template letters from power to the people website in to pre empt any silliness. The missus however doesnt want to rock the boat as our 2nd child starts same school in September and hasn't finalised their space yet. Mad times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shadowmoon said:

I HAVE Different experience. And I think it's parents fault... If at least 50%  refused we would have chance to win. And I have the feeling I'm left alone... Only my daughter and other girl refused being tested. It's more difficult with masquerade - it sucks to be different when you are a teenager.. So poor girl sits there inhaling own bacteria, deprived fresh air. :(