Jump to content

Coronavirus Mega-Thread.


numnuts
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Truthspoon said:

 

I just have a different point of view that's all.

 

Is that allowed?

 

I've seen a lot of people suddenly emerge from nowhere and insult me and abuse me just because I actually think the virus is real and masks probably do reduce transmission.

 

It's not weird to think that.

 

What is weird is the behaviour of some people here when you challenge or even question the group-think egregor. It's like you pissed on their holy relics or something.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yup TP, I've been following it and they have rounded on you and insulted you. Some users can't handle contrary viewpoints... it's like, why, it's like they're some kind of brainwashed sheep-people. Truth sheep. 

 

Don't worry about them; they're fundamentalists (probably wearing purple shell suits and such)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dickwan said:

Yup TP, I've been following it and they have rounded on you and insulted you. Some users can't handle contrary viewpoints... it's like, why, it's like they're some kind of brainwashed sheep-people. Truth sheep. 

 

Don't worry about them; they're fundamentalists (probably wearing purple shell suits and such)

 

 

It's dangerous because when we allowed them to make masks compulsory in buses they moved to schools. Now in Poland from regular cloth they moved to N95. If you are here and can't see it's a danger for our freedom we have serious problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TFH said:

 

Actually it was to prevent saliva being transmitted into open wounds during surgery when we had no antibiotics. It's an outdated practice that's simply been held onto. 

 

It wasn't ever designed to prevent viral transmission, because masks cannot achieve that goal.

 

 

Absolutely it does for many people. Some of us are reminded of childhood rape when our faces are smothered. For others it induces panic attacks. For others it reduces oxygen saturation. Etc etc. 

 

 

 

 

@Dickwan

 

What did you find confusing about this post, Dick? 🤔 

 

Others have provided reams of scientific data on masks and the reason for them being used in surgical settings, and plenty of people can't wear masks for a host of reasons. TS isn't recognising this. He's also been pretty rude to a lot of people and isn't responding to anyone who's being reasonable with him. 

Edited by TFH
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dickwan said:

Yup TP, I've been following it and they have rounded on you and insulted you. Some users can't handle contrary viewpoints... it's like, why, it's like they're some kind of brainwashed sheep-people. Truth sheep. 

 

Don't worry about them; they're fundamentalists (probably wearing purple shell suits and such)

 

 

 

Oh dear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Truthspoon said:

 

I just have a different point of view that's all.

 

Is that allowed?

 

I've seen a lot of people suddenly emerge from nowhere and insult me and abuse me just because I actually think the virus is real and masks probably do reduce transmission.

 

It's not weird to think that.

 

What is weird is the behaviour of some people here when you challenge or even question the group-think egregor. It's like you pissed on their holy relics or something.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yup, some people don't like moderate opinons, that's for sure. I'm surprised at the vitriol against your reasonable posts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, serpentine said:

 

Perhaps he'd like to volunteer to have all of the several hundred trillion viral particles and bacteria surgically removed from his body and hygenically disposed of?

 

He certainly seems happy to have his whole set of teeth filed down and replaced with stuff that makes him sound like this... So yeah, you're right...!

 

Vaxtheen.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dickwan said:

 

Yup, some people don't like moderate opinons, that's for sure. I'm surprised at the vitriol against your reasonable posts. 

 

And what about when some of us have been perfectly non-insulting to TS and provided hard data to support our claims and challenge some of his assertions? Isn't that "moderate"?

 

And what about TS totally ignoring all of those posts and choosing to personally insult other people instead, often as a group rather than individually? 

 

And isn't that what you're also doing now? 🤔 

Edited by TFH
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ziggy Sawdust said:

 

Oh dear.

Ziggy, I signed up again because I liked your posts in particular (along with Odds and Thelma), but sure you must realise TS's posts about mask wearing in Asia (pre-covid) are reasonable -? I've been there, spen time in Taipei and Beijing and I concur with him 100%. 

 

I don't want to make enemies but don't dismiss the guy/gal. Yup, masks nowadays are a sign of compliance but they have some medical benefits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TFH said:

 

And what about when some of us have been perfectly non-insulting to TS and provided hard data to support our claims and challenge some of his assertions? Isn't that "moderate"?

 

And what about TS totally ignoring all of those posts and choosing to personally insult other people instead, often as a group rather than individually? 

 

And isn't that what you're also doing now? 🤔 

Sorry dude, but I don't think I insulted you -? Where did I insult you? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dickwan said:

Ziggy, I signed up again because I liked your posts in particular (along with Odds and Thelma), but sure you must realise TS's posts about mask wearing in Asia (pre-covid) are reasonable -? I've been there, spen time in Taipei and Beijing and I concur with him 100%. 

 

I don't want to make enemies but don't dismiss the guy/gal. Yup, masks nowadays are a sign of compliance but they have some medical benefits.

For God's sake we don't live in a hospital. I mean I feel like in mental hospital but even there they don't wear masks...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dickwan said:

Ziggy, I signed up again because I liked your posts in particular (along with Odds and Thelma), but sure you must realise TS's posts about mask wearing in Asia (pre-covid) are reasonable -? I've been there, spen time in Taipei and Beijing and I concur with him 100%. 

 

I don't want to make enemies but don't dismiss the guy/gal. Yup, masks nowadays are a sign of compliance but they have some medical benefits.

 

They don't. They really don't. None whatsoever.

 

 

Edited by FrankVitali
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TFH said:

 

 

@Dickwan

 

What did you find confusing about this post, Dick? 🤔 

 

Others have provided reams of scientific data on masks and the reason for them being used in surgical settings, and plenty of people can't wear masks for a host of reasons. TS isn't recognising this. He's also been pretty rude to a lot of people and isn't responding to anyone who's being reasonable with him. 

Sorry, didn't see this, TFH.

 

I think we need to unwind the tension a bit here, but TS just pointed out that in some Asian countries it was deemed polite to wear a mask if you had a cold/flu. The idea being you wouldn't spread it as readily. Whether it worked, I don't know, but it was a form of courtesey. Personally I found it a good idea.

 

Yup, in the current context it's not about germs, it's about assimilation and conformation. So yes, now it's a bad thing. Now I agree with you. But TS was just making a point, that's all. And I agreed with him/her. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dickwan said:

Sorry dude, but I don't think I insulted you -? Where did I insult you? 

 

You've attacked a group of people here a couple of posts up, which I'm part of, because I'm involved in challenging some of TS's incorrect assertions in this thread. 

 

I don't care about it, my feelings aren't hurt, but it's not fair to a) lump us all in together and b) ignore that TS has been pretty personally abusive time and again and c) overlook that he's selectively ignoring posts that challenge his assertions but spending lots of time attacking others and repeating assertions, knowing that others have debunked them. 

 

That's not on. It's disingenuous.

Edited by TFH
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mathewtwatson said:

Just looking over whats been goin off on here...................ASIA is fucking huge.....china is absolutely massive.........everybody in china or japan werent wearing masks all over the shop before covid.......it was in major cities etc etc due to pollution........

 

because it was in certain areas and how great they are at gathering information..........the mask thing has to have been a huge cult experiment.........

 

there has to be a huge link to masks, bad health and shorter life........this has to be the reason its in. n the only reason, this n the links to children not getting the facial stimulation they need.

 

and we know 1 thing, its easy to not wear them now....but its a fact, wearing these things is going to get more and more draconian. anybody what thinks different well....good coz youl cushion my blow because when i fall off the cliff il be 1 of the fucking last.

 

there is no link whatsoever to masks and reducing viral infection.........hence the 50 fuckin million coronavirus pos cases.

 

by coronavirus i mean harmless bacteria....

I used to live in Asia pre covid. Masks don't filter car pollution and all the pollution entering my lungs.

 

When the poor orangatuns lose their jungle because they want to buy pantene shampoo, it's our fault.

 

I really hope covid is not made in a lab

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dickwan said:

Sorry, didn't see this, TFH.

 

I think we need to unwind the tension a bit here, but TS just pointed out that in some Asian countries it was deemed polite to wear a mask if you had a cold/flu. The idea being you wouldn't spread it as readily. Whether it worked, I don't know, but it was a form of courtesey. Personally I found it a good idea.

 

Yup, in the current context it's not about germs, it's about assimilation and conformation. So yes, now it's a bad thing. Now I agree with you. But TS was just making a point, that's all. And I agreed with him/her. 

 

 

 

The thing is that my post you added a confused tag to was responding to TS asserting that surgical masks are worn to prevent viral transmission, and that masks aren't really hard to wear, when that's never been the case. There are also legit medical exemptiona for good reasons.

 

The proof has been linked by others and he's not acknowledging it. 

 

That's frustrating people. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dickwan said:

So... as TS pointed out, why do surgeons and dentists wear them? (pre-covid) 

Not all of them which I personally found quite disguising but now I understand why... Wearing it 8h is a torture and unhygienic and you need to realise it going through it... 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TFH said:

 

You've attacked a group of people here a couple of posts up, which I'm part of, because I'm involved in challenging some of TS's incorrect assertions in this thread. 

 

I don't care about it, my feelings aren't hurt, but it's not fair to a) lump us all in together and b) ignore that TS has been pretty personally abusive time and again and that c) overlook that he's selectively ignoring posts that challenge his assertions but spending lots of time attacking others and repeating assertions knowing that others have debunked them. 

 

That's not on. It's disingenuous.

Okay, fair enough. As I said in my 'introduction' post, I've been here before - was on the original DIF. I didn't know Truthspoon had been abusive to other users; I was just backing him up on his post about masks in Asia. I spent a lot of time in Asia in the '90s and '00s and he was spot-on.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dickwan said:

So... as TS pointed out, why do surgeons and dentists wear them? (pre-covid) 

 

Several of us have explained this ad-nauseum and provided reams of scientific data to support it. 

 

It is and always has been about preventing saliva and blood transmission.. not viruses.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dickwan said:

Okay, fair enough. As I said in my 'introduction' post, I've been here before - was on the original DIF. I didn't know Truthspoon had been abusive to other users; I was just backing him up on his post about masks in Asia. I spent a lot of time in Asia in the '90s and '00s and he was spot-on.

 

 

 

 

 

Ok pal. 👍👍

Edited by TFH
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • lake locked this topic
  • lake unlocked this topic
  • Beaujangles featured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...