Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

7 minutes ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

I was there in the early 80s and masks were a thing there then; at least in Kyoto where I was. I've travelled a lot in Asia; China,Vietnam, India, and several other countries. In large Chinese cities, masks were a common sight, especially on cyclists. The air pollution was the cause, so I was told and it was pretty thick and smoggy. A white mask soon turned a dirty shade of brown. Saigon was like that too.

Not in Japan. The Japanese do not wear face masks for air pollution. 

I lived in Japan. Air pollution is not really bad in Tokyo or Japan as a whole. 

No one wears face masks in Japan against air-pollution, they wear them against germs.

I know this because if someone I knew suddenly started wearing a face mask, they would tell me it was because they were sick.

Nowadays Tokyo is a very technologically advanced city, being the leader in Japan's business and finance sector. In regards to its air pollution levels, Tokyo came in with PM2. 5 readings of 11.7 μg/m³ as an average over the year of 2019, putting it into the 'good' ratings bracket of air quality

Edited by Truthspoon

52 minutes ago, Roscommon said:

Although I strongly disagree with the face covering narrative. I have to admit I do wear a scarf thingy on some odd occasions, purely because I can't be arsed getting into confrontations with self appointed medical police types.

A couple of occasions it's been pretty bad, like up to four people harrasing me.

Have to say though, it's a breath of fresh air when you cross paths with a fellow non masker and you exchange smiles.

Up da resistance.....

The confrontations are purely designed to test non maskers resolve. Even though it's draining I do think it's important not to give in and wear a covering. Once you give in its human nature to keep wearing one as it's the path of least resistance....you slowly transition to the cult.

• Like 2

Of course @Truthspoon you are entitled to your opinion on face coverings. But some members of the forum have spent a considerable amount of time researching and compiling the evidence against the benefits of face masks, and the harms caused, and I would hope that you could spend some time going through the research to appreciate a different perspective. I have linked two threads below where you can find this information.

Like you Truthspoon, I have not had so much as a cold since all this coronavirus nonsense began. But, unlike you, I have never worn a face covering. I have been in crowds of tens of thousands of people unmasked and have not suddenly been struck down with this so called deadly disease.

I have to disagree that masks are a small inconvenience. I find them to be deeply intrusive in that they obstruct a basic survival need - that is, to breathe. I am not sure I can imagine anything more intrusive than not being "allowed" to breathe freely.

Others have already pointed out the ritualistic aspects and what the masks really represent - submission, silence, censorship, suffocation and surrender. They make people go into themselves, mute expression and seem to enhance primal aspects of consciousness. All this on a collective level - a true egregore.

Masks cover facial expressions which is another basic survival need. We rely on reading situations, including the facial expressions of others, in order to be alert to any potential threats. This ability will be hampered in children if they grow up around people wearing masks.

So, for me, masks are wrong and cause harm on all levels - physically, psychologically and spiritually - and are one of the most insidious and sinister aspects of this whole Plandemic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Outsider said:

The confrontations are purely designed to test non maskers resolve. Even though it's draining I do think it's important not to give in and wear a covering. Once you give in its human nature to keep wearing one as it's the path of least resistance....you slowly transition to the cult.

There's some angle to this video which I haven't quite worked out yet that I reckon would work with a remix in the current climate...

• Haha 1

Anyone that any of you know that purportedly died from "Covid", you are taking the doctors word for it that they died from "Covid", simply because the doctor said so, or because the death cert says so..  They are being paid for this.

.. Plus you're watching too much TV  -- FACT.

If the word Covid-19 wasn't in your vocabulary, what else would it perhaps be classed as?

Edited by FrankVitali
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

Of course @Truthspoon you are entitled to your opinion on face coverings. But some members of the forum have spent a considerable amount of time researching and compiling the evidence against the benefits of face masks, and the harms caused, and I would hope that you could spend some time going through the research to appreciate a different perspective. I have linked two threads below where you can find this information.

Like you Truthspoon, I have not had so much as a cold since all this coronavirus nonsense began. But, unlike you, I have never worn a face covering. I have been in crowds of tens of thousands of people unmasked and have not suddenly been struck down with this so called deadly disease.

I have to disagree that masks are a small inconvenience. I find them to be deeply intrusive in that they obstruct a basic survival need - that is, to breathe. I am not sure I can imagine anything more intrusive than not being "allowed" to breathe freely.

Others have already pointed out the ritualistic aspects and what the masks really represent - submission, silence, censorship, suffocation and surrender. They make people go into themselves, mute expression and seem to enhance primal aspects of consciousness. All this on a collective level - a true egregore.

Masks cover facial expressions which is another basic survival need. We rely on reading situations, including the facial expressions of others, in order to be alert to any potential threats. This ability will be hampered in children if they grow up around people wearing masks.

So, for me, masks are wrong and cause harm on all levels - physically, psychologically and spiritually - and are one of the most insidious and sinister aspects of this whole Plandemic.

Well put my friend.

Post of the month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Animals don't wear masks and they are doing just fine. They don't pay tax and are not ££££'s in debt. Fuck me what is wrong with the human race.

Imagine one monkey mandating to another family of monkeys that they must not leave their tiny patch of the forest for a year (and counting).

1 hour ago, Ziggy Sawdust said:

I reckon Bill Hicks would be doing one hell of decent rant too.

I reckon he'd be the funniest man on the planet right now and he'd be calling these bastards right out. Renegade and absolute legend. He never killed anybody, robbed anybody, raped anybody, he never lost one fuckin job, he laughed his ass off and went about his day. 👊😎

11 minutes ago, FrankVitali said:

Anyone that any of you know that purportedly died from "Covid", you are taking the doctors word for it that they died from "Covid", simply because the doctor said so, or because the death cert says so..  They are being paid for this.

.. Plus you're watching too much TV  -- FACT.

If the word Covid-19 wasn't in your vocabulary, what else would it perhaps be classed as?

As stated in this FOI request. "Death certification as involving Covid-19 does not depend on a positive test. A doctor can certify the involvement of Covid-19 based on symptoms and clinical findings – a positive test is not required."

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/701623/response/1678879/attach/html/2/2020 11 20 LRF FOI response.docx.html

Just now, FrankVitali said:

Animals don't wear masks and they are doing just fine. They don't pay tax and are not ££££'s in debt. Fuck me what is wrong with the human race.

Imagine one monkey mandating to another family of monkeys that they must not leave their tiny patch of the forest for a year (and counting).

One has to wonder how society functioned before money and who came up with the bright idea of money? Surely now, as a highly advanced civilised society that we can't provide the basics of food, water and shelter for every human being? There's not anything up with us, it's these fricking arseholes above controlling everything and not making such basic things for nothing.

Surely the world would be a better place if just those things are provided for nothing. Surely we'd all prosper with just those basic things. 🤷

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Morpheus said:

One has to wonder how society functioned before money and who came up with the bright idea of money? Surely now, as a highly advanced civilised society that we can't provide the basics of food, water and shelter for every human being? There's not anything up with us, it's these fricking arseholes above controlling everything and not making such basic things for nothing.

Surely the world would be a better place if just those things are provided for nothing. Surely we'd all prosper with just those basic things. 🤷

Time for Universal Basic Income I'd say.

🤪

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Truthspoon said:

Not in Japan. The Japanese do not wear face masks for air pollution. 

I lived in Japan. Air pollution is not really bad in Tokyo or Japan as a whole. 

No one wears face masks in Japan against air-pollution, they wear them against germs.

I know this because if someone I knew suddenly started wearing a face mask, they would tell me it was because they were sick.

ANd still have 2000 confirmed cases and 30 dead. Where at 126 mln people made 9mln tests and UK made 120 mln... If they were testing like crazy motherfcukers like here they would have today 20000 positive and 300 dead 🥴

5 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Money and religion(Inc cults) the two biggest fuck ups ever invented.  Take them out and watch the peace time roll in. Both are greedy orientated cunts

Edited by GSM
Spelling

2 hours ago, Truthspoon said:

I just have a different point of view that's all.

Is that allowed?

I've seen a lot of people suddenly emerge from nowhere and insult me and abuse me just because I actually think the virus is real and masks probably do reduce transmission.

It's not weird to think that.

What is weird is the behaviour of some people here when you challenge or even question the group-think egregor. It's like you pissed on their holy relics or something.

Yup TP, I've been following it and they have rounded on you and insulted you. Some users can't handle contrary viewpoints... it's like, why, it's like they're some kind of brainwashed sheep-people. Truth sheep. 

Don't worry about them; they're fundamentalists (probably wearing purple shell suits and such)

1 minute ago, Dickwan said:

Yup TP, I've been following it and they have rounded on you and insulted you. Some users can't handle contrary viewpoints... it's like, why, it's like they're some kind of brainwashed sheep-people. Truth sheep. 

Don't worry about them; they're fundamentalists (probably wearing purple shell suits and such)

It's dangerous because when we allowed them to make masks compulsory in buses they moved to schools. Now in Poland from regular cloth they moved to N95. If you are here and can't see it's a danger for our freedom we have serious problem.

5 hours ago, TFH said:

Actually it was to prevent saliva being transmitted into open wounds during surgery when we had no antibiotics. It's an outdated practice that's simply been held onto. 

It wasn't ever designed to prevent viral transmission, because masks cannot achieve that goal.

Absolutely it does for many people. Some of us are reminded of childhood rape when our faces are smothered. For others it induces panic attacks. For others it reduces oxygen saturation. Etc etc. 

@Dickwan

What did you find confusing about this post, Dick? 🤔 

Others have provided reams of scientific data on masks and the reason for them being used in surgical settings, and plenty of people can't wear masks for a host of reasons. TS isn't recognising this. He's also been pretty rude to a lot of people and isn't responding to anyone who's being reasonable with him. 

Edited by TFH