Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

London will be close to a 100 degrees later today. I can’t imagine there won’t be casualties on the London Underground. Imagine the central line at this evenings rush hour, crammed in like sardines , muzzled commuters and tourists gasping for air. 
I would say going by their own list of government exemptions , everyone has the right (yes, I know they have the right anyway ..) to stick two fingers up and remove the mask as they unequivocally can and will cause distress to the mask wearer. 
Hopefully many more today will have an epiphany. 

• Like 2

So new infections are 'at worrying levels' in the north of the UK, leading to half of it being put back into lockdown, yet you can count on one hand the number of people who have died from the 'deadly virus' in the last few days (and probably longer). One of those statements is incompatible with the other.

Lots of odd comments in this Bojo conference. "We've about reached the limit of how much we can open up as a country" "Opening some things may come with a trade-off of closing others". 

Sounds like a permanent semi-lockdown to me. Think the UK is going to be last on my list of places to live in the next few years

Hello everyone. I need your biggest help (in words but still). I'm from Russia, a student. Today I got a message from ministry of education discussion about new year's form of education. Except for mask obligatory one point gave me a shook. It is a MANDATORY VACCINATION OF STUDENTS. 

Even though I try not to panic, not to be afraid because I will resist them and say no anyway, part of me do all that things and it doesn't stop. What if they force me to do it? What if they expel me for not obeying (I once dropped the uni, don't want to do that again)? 

What should I do? What should I say to them? What arguments are the most convincing? Obviously I don't want to be vaccinated. Sorry for panic I'm just lost a bit.

Edited by Palladian

Seeing as no-one in authority has any credibility left it's hard to see how they'll manage to get a mandatory vaccine over the line . . . unless the manufactured second wave affects children significantly. Bank on it.

Edited by Shy Talk
Typo

1 hour ago, Shy Talk said:

Seeing as no-one in authority has any credibility left it's hard to see how they'll manage to get a mandatory vaccine over the line . . . unless the manufactured second wave affects children significantly. Bank on it.

This has been my fear since day 1.... kids next 😞

1 minute ago, rideforever said:

I don't know how much longer this bullshit can go on before some large Corporations will be taking the Government straight to the High Court and prosecuting them for their meaningless bullshit.

Yeah, right.

We are beyond the normal societal and existential constructs by now.

What appears to be happening in clown world is pure fantasy.

We need to see through it and prepare. The Khazars are ALWAYS ready for war if they don't get their own way.

1 hour ago, Nobby Noboddy said:

Yeah, right.

Yeah ... well, big businesses have power and they have shareholders.  If they start going bust they are not going to just sit there.  Especially if this bullshit bleeds into next year ... they will start rumbling.

40 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Yeah ... well, big businesses have power and they have shareholders.  If they start going bust they are not going to just sit there.  Especially if this bullshit bleeds into next year ... they will start rumbling.

it's been my guess at the start and more precisely thinking of air companies, but all these corporations have been firing workers by the hundreds in the meantime and keep doing it so it's all benefit to them, maybe thinking they might recover the strength to compete with China but they won't... what makes the Chinese so powerful is the same easy and cheap access they got to raw materials from Africa, Russia or home as the one that once made America 'great' thanks to war and slavery... the West is done and BRICS has taken over, let's take the mask off... 

Edited by chud

The President of non-lockdown Belarus Aleksandr Lukashenko has exposed the fact that COVID aid from the IMF is conditional on countries imposing extreme lockdown measures. He has refused stating that the conditions are "unacceptable". President Lukashenko is one of the few world leaders standing up to the global controllers and putting the welfare of his nation first rather than accepting bribes.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/world-bankimf-exposed-covid-aid-conditional-imposing-extreme-lockdowns-curfews

World Bank/IMF Exposed: COVID Aid Conditional On Imposing Extreme Lockdowns, Curfews

Additional conditions which do not apply to the financial part are unacceptable for Belarus, Belarus President Aleksandr Lukashenko said when speaking about external lending during a meeting to discuss support measures for the real economic sector on the part of the banking system, reported Belarusian Telegraph Agency, BelTA. Aleksandr Lukashenko asked the participants of the meeting how things were with the provision of foreign credit assistance to Belarus.

“What are our partners’ requirements? It was announced that they can provide Belarus with $940 million in so-called rapid financing. How are things here?” the head of state inquired.

At the same time, he stressed that additional conditions which do not apply to the financial part are unacceptable for the country.

“We hear the demands, for example, to model our coronavirus response on that of Italy. I do not want to see the Italian situation to repeat in Belarus. We have our own country and our own situation,” the president said.

According to the president, the World Bank has showed interest in Belarus’ coronavirus response practices.

It is ready to fund us ten times more than it offered initially as a token of commendation for our efficient fight against this virus. The World Bank has even asked the Healthcare Ministry to share the experience. Meanwhile, the IMF continues to demand from us quarantine measures, isolation, a curfew. This is nonsense. We will not dance to anyone’s tune,” said the president.

• Like 2

Some social media propaganda doing the rounds locally here:

116637136_3099663256747975_1137017360345

116609162_3202957553085517_8868958072215

I'm pretty sure many local authorities around the UK have been putting out similar through their social media pages, for the brain-washed masses to share relentlessly.

I've seen the Sandwell one pop up five times already while scrolling through this evening.

The clear message is 'avoid lockdown'. And in order to 'avoid lockdown' you must OBEY.

People when gripped with fear will do anything they are told to do, whether it is fear of 'catching' the virus, or the fear of 'lockdown'.

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2020 at 4:27 PM, bamboozooka said:

i know where you're coming from.

but if the dr in new york could realise covid19 patients symptoms were oxygen deprivation other doctors must also realise this.

so when they say they are curing covid19 patients they could mean they are curing oxygen deprived patients.

so what if hydroxychloroquine, zinc and  the other one actually works by oxygenating the body and repairing the lungs.

I'm sure you are right, I just wish they would call it what it really is, flu-related pneumonia, instead of the Covid-19 imaginary boogeyman.

On 7/30/2020 at 11:07 AM, MR-E said:

Another night of insomnia. Seems to be the New Normal. Feels we are at the end of the beginning of fascism, as opposed to the beginning of the end of a pandemic. Physically the anxiety & uncertainty has taken its toll. I would have sought happy pills from a Dr before now. Not now...................

That's me every night. Sigh.....  But, I've been coping.   And because of the atrocious experience I just recently had with my sleep Doctor, I have decided that the health care system in the US is so broken that I HAVE to take matters into my hands.  I am ordering a set of "weed" seeds from 3 varieties of "medical weed" that are specifically designed for sleep.  I have a grow diary somewhere on here.  It got clipped during the re-doing of the site, but I'll get around to filling it back in soon. 

• Like 2