Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

• Replies 49.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DarianF

• oddsnsods

• Avoiceinthecrowd

• SimonTV

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wont believe this.   I just went down Lidls to get some steak.   Security guard calls me out as I walk past & I ignore him. Gets my steak walks to the credit only till

Some images of today's demonstration in London (not taken by me personally).                

Fuck the fuck off.

Posted Images

The turn-out was massive, compared to the paltry few hundred of previous protests and as has been already pointed out, many sympathisers would be unable to attend. So, half the country is not buying into the bullshit anymore. It was a demonstration of civil disobedience, no masks or social-distancing and non-compliance to the stay-at-home order. The country found it’s backbone, but… as some MP ‘s have stated, they need to maintain the right to protest as a “safety valve.” What happens now that everyone has let off steam? Do they go back into their boxes, keep their business shut and mask-up to go into Sainsbury’s? We need to maintain some momentum. It can’t be for one day only, or it becomes pointless.

• Like 10
23 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

That POS was well up for a ruck wasn't he. Like the few trying to kick off on the other side near the end. Overall though what a fine day. I was cheered up no end at the numbers.

1 hour ago, mathewtwatson said:

WHAT A FANTASTIC DAY.....TODAY IS THE 1ST TIME IN ALL OF THIS IV ACTUALLY HAD HOPE..

FUCKING AMAZING.......

ME AND THE WIFE LOVED EVERY SINGLE FUCKING SECOND....AND EVERY VIDEO OF POLICE BRUTALITY SHARED....IS A POWERFUL MESSAGE TO THE FUCKIN SHEEP.

IM OVER THE MOON WHOOP WHOOOP

Ditto matey, after being extremely fed up on and off, what has happened today has been nothing short of awesome. I kept switching between feeds today. I would have been at the Manchester protest if not for work,, but it just goes to show there are thousands of others like-minded out there.

Brilliant. Watching the protests today has made me very happy. Just a shame there was no live Manc feed.

The Ruptly feed was going quite well but went off, so then followed Subject Access from there on. Police were on the back foot tonight, congrats peeps.

Edited by FrankVitali
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, mathewtwatson said:

WHAT A FANTASTIC DAY.....TODAY IS THE 1ST TIME IN ALL OF THIS IV ACTUALLY HAD HOPE..

Awesome 😎  

Power to the people.. 🥰 

Stick it to 'The Man' 😉

• Like 2
1 hour ago, oddsnsods said:

A lot of people were saying on the feed that the woman in red was a psyop. She kept shouting “why am I being arrested “ Looking at this she could have been a distraction why they went for that man. 

I hope he gets the footage so he can use in court. 

What is the point of these protests with cardboard at parks and other large public areas. What are they going to achieve? It's didn't achieve anything in the summer

Why don't they go to the BBC and shut them down for a few hours or target MPs or councils. It's councils who have the powers to shut businesses.

It will stop when every business reopens with no 'covid measures' nonsense .

• Like 3
Just now, Mr Chinnery said:

What is the point of these protests with cardboard at parks and other large public areas. What are they going to achieve? It's didn't achieve anything in the summer

Why don't they go to the BBC and shut them down for a few hours or target MPs or councils. It's councils who have the powers to shut businesses.

It will stop when every business reopens with no 'covid measures' nonsense .

Bloody right.

Reading about obstructing protests with noise regulations. First off those are peacetime rules. Covid is a war. If they wanted quiet in the streets they should have refrained from sacking our economies and health. They brought this about not us. 

Snip-it_1616277780218.jpg.06975395f5887c35f89f454a8699b935.jpg

Edited by Avoiceinthecrowd

Covid is a war for the minds. A cyberwar. The most compelling memes will win in the end. In this respect threads like this one are tremendous weapons of mass persuasion.

A war of words. For all we know the whole thing could be decided right here. Thats the kind of war it is.

Every major issue in life is put forward and resisted by a small percentage of the total masses. The sheep follow whatever shepherd prevails.

Edited by Avoiceinthecrowd
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Outsider said:

This is probably the best image I've seen in a long long while. Simple human contact that unfortunately is being trained out of most of our fellow humans.

image.jpeg.75a63d871d04c49cdb26cd4da101a76a.jpeg

He will be on a disciplinary on Monday.

Breathe with me             (not with a mask)
Breathe the pressure    (that would be with a mask)
Come play my game, I'll test ya    (no way no swabs)
Psychosomatic, addict, insane (covid definitely psychosmatic)
Breathe the pressure
Come play my game, I'll test ya
Psychosomatic, addict, insane
Come play my game
Inhale, inhale, you're the victim (surely you mean inject the victim)
Come play my game
Exhale, exhale, exhale
Breathe the pressure
  • Like 1
Just now, Outsider said:

This is probably the best image I've seen in a long long while. Simple human contact that unfortunately is being trained out of most of our fellow humans.

image.jpeg.75a63d871d04c49cdb26cd4da101a76a.jpeg

That one image alone has the ability to negate all of the  propaganda that has been thrown at us. 

• Like 3

I'm not sure this link is what I intended it to be. It was supposed to be a playlist of old songs '88 to '17 hip hop vs police :

Hip Hop vs. Police (from 1988 until 2017) | Real Hip Hop Lyrics Playlist

^ THAT. Look it up and hear if you like, or not. Might not be your thing, but listening to a few on the early playlist you can see how much is relevant still now and how much hasn't changed, if you want to.

I have an idea for my own social PUNCH. And I'll put it up alongside the Bill gates prick of last night once I get the stickers.

Something along the lines of don't call me sir I'm not a gentleman - and no you can't speak for 5 seconds, nothing you can say will make me obey.. Let's go