Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

8 minutes ago, DarianF said:

Are they booing the vaccines themselves, or simply the fact that she went off topic and mixed sports and government? I'm skeptical about the public being awake. So many morons out there. But still, it's nice to hear.

It seems they are booing the mention of the vaccine.

and yes if so nice to hear! I share your scepticism though!

the following vid - not sure if its already been posted - comments below indicate its correct!

and further coverage here - again comment section is encouraging!

• Like 1
  • Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DarianF

• oddsnsods

• Avoiceinthecrowd

• SimonTV

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wont believe this.   I just went down Lidls to get some steak.   Security guard calls me out as I walk past & I ignore him. Gets my steak walks to the credit only till

Some images of today's demonstration in London (not taken by me personally).                

Fuck the fuck off.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, zarkov said:

the following vid - not sure if its already been posted - comments below indicate its correct!

Let's hope they were definitely booing the vaccine. Awesome. Well, at least they didn't cheer, thank god. lol.

7 minutes ago, DarianF said:

Let's hope they were definitely booing the vaccine. Awesome. Well, at least they didn't cheer, thank god. lol.

a nice thought nevertheless! :)

What annoys me is the overt condescension from the talking heads. Its a powerful gas-lighting technique.

Wonder when people will realise how emotional/sensationalist all the talking heads are nowadays, even compared to 10 years ago. The tone of communication has changed dramatically over the decades with fact replaced with emotion it seems.

2 hours ago, Liberty said:

For Germany to have the richest economy in Europe i’m not sure  that is true that their youth had mass unemployment at the time. I know the Greeks did and ours have for factory work due to competition of easy labour which has also driven down wages further.

Britain had unemployment when it was flooded with immigrants but the government then gets those unemployed into the poverty trap where it pays them benefits that are more than they can get in a low paid job because the wages have been driven down by the increased competition from immigrants and it is the working people who then get taxed to pay for the benefits of the unemployed

Generation screwed

Low wages, few jobs and no homes… young Brits are among the worst off in Europe – but what’s it really like for them?

Millennials can't afford to buy a house, get married or have a baby - the traditional markers of adulthood - and they're furious that they're worse off than their parents

Exclusive
  • 6 Mar 2018, 13:10
  • Updated: 6 Mar 2018, 15:04

What's more, British adults are facing the second most severe wage cuts in all of Europe, with only Greece lagging behind them.

The findings by the Resolution Foundation think tank show that not only do UK millennials face higher house prices and lower pay than the previous baby boomer generation, but average hourly earnings for under-30s in Britain plunged by 13 per cent between 2007 and 2014, doubling the pay squeeze compared to those in their 50s.

Meanwhile, UK home ownership rates have plummeted faster than elsewhere and the house price to wage ratio is ranked third worst among developed countries.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5626385/wages-jobs-homes-uk-millenials-screwed/

But the other side of that is that ours have gone to university to do other things.  They did have a choice. 

Its a false choice to go to university paid for through massive debt to study a degree that will likely be useless in the real world

I’ll just say what is British?

What is british is being diluted by mass immigration...that's my whole point

Look around you!  Not everyone that looks British has the same values.  Look at them all walking around with their masks on. That’s not British!  

I'd say that paranoia is a human thing because it is evident everywhere

We have the the equivalent of a dirty alley cat with loads of children by different women at the top running the country. A known liar and charlatan and those so called British didn’t see any problem with voting him in all for the sake of ‘Get Brexit Done’

not really given a choice are they?

I'm not defending the system. I'm saying the system is working against the average british person

Hiding in fridges, stealing reporters phones having been known to had a reporter beaten up in the past. None of this bothered the British. In fact it was probably more ethnics voted for brexit too so they could have more immigration from countries outside the EU. Been played but I doubt it would make a difference however you voted to what is happening now.

No i don't think it would have made any difference to what is happening now. The hidden global government is pushing its great reset button and it has activated all of its assets in the british system and in many other countries to work towards that goal

Edited by Macnamara

@Macnamara

"I’ll just say what is British?"

Depends. Do they mean what is a British national, or the ethnically British? If the latter then:

EuhKn1uXIAMhCVq.jpg.73ffb4df7d5e6fc2eca88598324635bb.jpg

I hate that crap. Nobody says "I’ll just say what is Chinese?" It's only the European identity that is up for grabs for anyone.

Edit: I should probably add that the Normans and their money lenders didn't mix much with the general population as far as I'm aware.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld

Yes. What do you class as British?  Being born here?  Have a certain look?  Or certain values and beliefs?  

what would you define as British?   Can you give me a description of what is British? 

@Macnamara That’s a good point about falsely inflated house prices. How could business ever keep up with a property market that had gone out of control whilst their owners cheered on at the same time of blaming wage stagnation and immigration?  Bit of a catch 22. 

University isn’t a false choice. It’s a choice. They know of the high debts involved but take that in return for the career they want to pursue. It’s not like they were not informed beforehand so it’s a real choice. 

Edited by Liberty
14 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Yes. What do you class as British?  Being born here?  Have a certain look?  Or certain values and beliefs?  

what would you define as British?   Can you give me a description of what is British? 

If you're born here you're British, but obviously not descended from the Anglos, Celts and the Jutes etc.

If anyone can be ethnically British then British ethnicity means nothing.

Are the Boer ethnically African? No, and if they were then African ethnicity means nothing.

5 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

If you're born here you're British, but obviously not descended from the Anglos, Celts and the Jutes etc.

If anyone can be ethnically British then British ethnicity means nothing.

Are the Boer ethnically African? No, and if they were then African ethnicity means nothing.

Ok. So this was the quote

For example if the demographics of britain change due to massive influxes of people who then don't feel particularly british, those people will then more willingly accept a new identity as something else eg a 'european' under the EU or a 'global citizen' under a world government in the form of the UN

so by your definition our whole identity is based on where we are born and decended from. Our genetics. 

Just wondering what macnamaras definition is as it is their quote. 

16 minutes ago, Liberty said:

so by your definition our whole identity is based on where we are born and decended from. Our genetics.

Not our whole identity, just ethnicity. Other things do determine our identity too, I can't deny that.

Can anyone be a descendant of the Vikings like this ad claims?

Were people right to mass downvote this ad?

Edit: Sorry for derailing anyway. Mods can move these posts to a new thread titled 'What it means to be a people' or something if they wish.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld
6 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Not our whole identity, just ethnicity. Other things do determine our identity too, I can't deny that.

Can anyone be a descendant of the Vikings like this ad claims:

Were people right to mass downvote this ad?

I agree our identity is more than birth and genetics. It’s our life experiences values beliefs also. And no matter what ethnicity you are and where you are born or even who you live with we are all different and have different opinions. No. Not everyone can be a descendant of the vikings. The ad can be seen as taking away part of Scandinavians identity through stating ‘Nothing’ but also enforces other parts ie travel, experiences. The part about who invented paper clip etc so what if they didn’t invent the paper clip! That but is silly to add in there but we do live in a world of inventions from all ethnicities and countries. 

Just now, Liberty said:

That but is silly to add in there but we do live in a world of inventions from all ethnicities and countries. 

That's true, but just because I didn't create everything in my home, that doesn't mean it should be up for grabs for everyone.

3 hours ago, zarkov said:

I DONT WANT BOOING AT ANY EVENT????!!!!!!!!!! THATS WHAT THIS CUNT SAID.......''WHAT I WANT IS EVERYBODY MASKED SAT THERE QUIET NODDING...''

WHAT I WANT IS ALL OF THESE SO CALLED PRO COVID CUNTS TAKING OUT

4 minutes ago, mathewtwatson said:

you look at farage.........brexit was part of the script

If one doesn't want a lot of power in the hands of so few then voting for national sovereignty is the right thing to do in my opinion.

However, I'm under no illusion that it's real sovereignty, and I think they just want us to be Israel and America's vassal state instead.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld
16 minutes ago, mathewtwatson said:

you look at farage.........brexit was part of the script

Do you think if we voted to remain, this would not have happened? Or maybe Brexit accelerated the process, gave it more urgency? We as a country do seem to be at the centre of it all....what are the odds that would occur in a genuine pandemic?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

If one doesn't want a lot of power in the hands of so few then voting for national sovereignty is the right thing to do in my opinion.

However, I'm under no illusion that it's real sovereignty, and I think they just want us to be Israel and America's vassal state instead.

look at it like this......................you look at how much air time vaccine deaths, coronavirus deniers, lets call it real journalism....too sides of an argument.......THEY DONT PUT IT OUT,THEY DONT WANT IT OUT.

remember brexit.....id say farage, boris etc...all over the box.......the theresa may thing was genius, to have the nxt planned prime minister not say what she voted for is so telling..........

but this corona bollocks shows....NOTHING absoluely NOTHING gets put out in the media...by design.

and i completely agree....they needed us out for this......america  for the americas...........israel for the middle east.............uk for europe.....''individual sovereign'' nations beacons on earth.