Jump to content

Coronavirus Mega-Thread.


Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 50.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DarianF

    2844

  • oddsnsods

    2284

  • Avoiceinthecrowd

    2117

  • SimonTV

    1964

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wont believe this.   I just went down Lidls to get some steak.   Security guard calls me out as I walk past & I ignore him. Gets my steak walks to the credit only till

Some images of today's demonstration in London (not taken by me personally).                

Fuck the fuck off.

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Et8M6sFXMAEULD9.jpg.aaa0ae645c1ef2b363307f0e0d51bc8d.jpg

 

cicero1.jpg.40856834a45158fa4cbd3d66c0a9479a.jpg

Form the Guardian today....

 

English schools face tighter mask rules in government plan to reassure parents

Pupils will have to wear masks outside classroom bubbles amid plans for mass use of lateral flow tests

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Outsider said:

Form the Guardian today....

 

English schools face tighter mask rules in government plan to reassure parents

Pupils will have to wear masks outside classroom bubbles amid plans for mass use of lateral flow tests

Introduce that testing nonsense here in Ireland and my son will be out of school pronto, home schooling from then on

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

If I understand this paper properly from scientists at the Max Planck Institute, it suggests that the risks of mRNA being reverse transcribed to DNA rather than being translated into proteins has been underestimated by at least a factor of one thousand.

 

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2021-02/m-tum020221.php

 

https://phys.org/news/2021-02-underestimated-mutation-potential-retrogenes.html

 

 

I assume that this means that the mRNA vaccines - supposedly aimed to target the spike protein - come with a hugely greater risk than previously appreciated, at least in the mainstream, of altering the recipient's DNA (a process where the retrogene acts as a "regulatory mutation" which the study states is "usually harmful")?

 

This could be a useful study to debunk mainstream claims that mRNA vaccines do not alter DNA.

Like this

 

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sexpistol50 said:

I spoke to my GP as I'm allergic to Penicillin , I told her I won't be taking the vaccine as I don't want to to get a  allergic reaction , she said I will need to look at your medical records and phone you back , she phoned me back and said ' You don't carry a pen around with you and I can't see anything on your records , I was fucking raging as years ago in the 90s and was prescribed Penicillin and I had problems breathing and had to go to casualty hospital, after that I was prescribed antibiotics that were not Penicillin, she said ' You will be alright get the vaccine when your offered , honestly GPs are fucking hopeless it was like talking to a brick wall didn't want to listen and lied that she couldn't find anything on my allergy in my medical records, All GPs are singing from the same hymn sheet , I won't be getting any vaccine I haven't had a vaccine since I was at high school, they can stick their so called vaccine .

Don’t explain. You’ve said no and that’s it.  Anything else is coercion. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Outsider said:

We need Chris Morris back urgently. 

 

THat last one was from Eldon's show 'It's Kevin', but yeah would be nice to see some more from Chris Morris. This one's quite funny -

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sexpistol50 said:

I spoke to my GP as I'm allergic to Penicillin , I told her I won't be taking the vaccine as I don't want to to get a  allergic reaction , she said I will need to look at your medical records and phone you back , she phoned me back and said ' You don't carry a pen around with you and I can't see anything on your records , I was fucking raging as years ago in the 90s and was prescribed Penicillin and I had problems breathing and had to go to casualty hospital, after that I was prescribed antibiotics that were not Penicillin, she said ' You will be alright get the vaccine when your offered , honestly GPs are fucking hopeless it was like talking to a brick wall didn't want to listen and lied that she couldn't find anything on my allergy in my medical records, All GPs are singing from the same hymn sheet , I won't be getting any vaccine I haven't had a vaccine since I was at high school, they can stick their so called vaccine .

 

I'd try and flip that on them. Ask to see a copy of your full medical records and after you've seen them ask why the incident to which you refer is nowhere to be found and ask them who is responsible for the loss of such information. At least make the fuckers think for a minute.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BossCrow said:

THat last one was from Eldon's show 'It's Kevin', but yeah would be nice to see some more from Chris Morris. This one's quite funny -

 

He is ruthlessly funny, The Day Today, Brass Eye & Jam, all works of art.

We won't ever see anything like them again I fear.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Detroit TV news anchor, 68, dies one day after receiving her COVID-19 shot

By Valerie Edwards For Dailymail.com

Published: 14:43, 17 February 2021 | Updated: 18:17, 17 February 2021

Cliff told CBS that the official cause of her death is still unknown, but 'we suspect it may have just been a stroke but because of the normal side effects of the vaccine it may have masked that'. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9270125/Former-Detroit-TV-anchor-Karen-Hudson-Samuels-dies-taking-vaccine.html

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

mthiwwf.jpg.d21db680a196f6672912bbc9536f718e.jpg

I thought this was a spoof article, until carrying out a search....is Claire Foges a real person?  Is this an ironic article? If not, has she banged her head or maybe been double masking for a bit too long?

 

We need Big Brother to beat this virus

Don’t let the civil liberties lobby blind us to the fact that greater state surveillance, including ID cards, is required

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

 

Yeah, I made that meme and shared that article before the hack.

Sorry yep just noticed the date on the paper, 

This explains Clare's political leanings, 

 

Clare Foges

columnist, the times

@ClareFoges

Clare Foges has been a columnist for The Times since 2015. Previously she was chief speechwriter in 10 Downing Street for David Cameron, and for Boris Johnson when he was mayor of London. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...