Jump to content

Coronavirus Mega-Thread.


Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Shining-one said:

Also to add: Best not to allow this to divide friendships or families. Part of my family now think I'm some sort of anarchic revolutionary. Yet, my brother is coming round to my views and I rarely lecture. Friends may need a little time to make up their minds their own way, in their own time. You can win people over by being calm, principled and clear.

 

Yeah I know how you feel. Sadly social pressure is a powerful thing. I think growing up in a bit of an unusual family who have always done their own thing to some extent it's been easier for me not to care much at all about looking a certain way or keeping up appearances, certainly not to the extent of getting some experimental shite shot into my arm just out of fear of being different.

 

A lot of friends and family will be lost over the next few years in one way or the other, I think most of us have to make peace with that and have most likely already lost one or two. Anyone who can come round will when they are ready, but that may be when a boot is pressing down on their heads. Nothing we can do about that though, it's very sad but that's their journey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 49.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DarianF

    2841

  • oddsnsods

    2279

  • Avoiceinthecrowd

    2093

  • SimonTV

    1943

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wont believe this.   I just went down Lidls to get some steak.   Security guard calls me out as I walk past & I ignore him. Gets my steak walks to the credit only till

Some images of today's demonstration in London (not taken by me personally).                

Fuck the fuck off.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sexpistol50 said:

It will be interesting to see if Burley and Rigby get their jobs back, they both know that Covid is nonsense as will many other media presenters reporters but they like the high wages they get every year so they keep their mouths shut or they will have no career.

But in this case they didn't keep their mouths shut they blatantly disobeyed these ridiculous laws. They were trying to wake people up, to not be afraid of each other. Their punishment for doing so was to be removed from screen. Look how the mob turned on her afterwards, I admit I felt anger towards her but now it makes sense, that's what they want you to feel about normal human interaction. Anger because a human hugs another human.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Illmatic said:

 

A lot of friends and family will be lost over the next few years in one way or the other, I think most of us have to make peace with that and have most likely already lost one or two. Anyone who can come round will when they are ready, but that may be when a boot is pressing down on their heads. Nothing we can do about that though, it's very sad but that's their journey.

Yep. I agree when you lecture people will just hate you. At the same time, a philosophical question arises if people take the extreme view that we should have vaccine passports or that it should be mandatory. And that view is quite common in the scared more than people realise. If people want those in their lives that support violence against you because they are frightened then go ahead but they can get the fuck out of my life if that's what they think. 

 

I wouldn't advocate around people that make you feel bad. If you have different views fair enough. But some of these people are the reason we are in this mess. 

 

One of the most enlightening things to come out of this whole thing is seeing people's true nature. Sadly that is cowardice. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it's easier. I've always been a degenerate. Non-conformist and unsuccessful. You could take away everything and I'd work out ways to survive. As people did in New York during the Great Depression. Worst case scenario: People like me could be prevented from entering certain buildings or facilities (even though the vaccine doesn't presumably protect others). If such becomes the case I then gain the moral high ground. That is there is ethical morality and discrimination, be it racial, class, or as human rights violation. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Shining-one said:

Best not to allow this to divide friendships or families. Part of my family now think I'm some sort of anarchic revolutionary

My family is so split in their beliefs, we are falling apart.

 

My mom thankfully was released from the hospital but then what does she seriously do? She gets a second dose of the vaccine...unreal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Shining-one said:

For me it's easier. I've always been a degenerate. Non-conformist and unsuccessful. You could take away everything and I'd work out ways to survive. As people did in New York during the Great Depression. Worst case scenario: People like me could be prevented from entering certain buildings or facilities (even though the vaccine doesn't presumably protect others). If such becomes the case I then gain the moral high ground. That is there is ethical morality and discrimination, be it racial, class, or as human rights violation. 

 

They not going to restrict shit

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Yep. I agree when you lecture people will just hate you. At the same time, a philosophical question arises if people take the extreme view that we should have vaccine passports or that it should be mandatory. And that view is quite common in the scared more than people realise. If people want those in their lives that support violence against you because they are frightened then go ahead but they can get the fuck out of my life if that's what they think. 

 

I wouldn't advocate around people that make you feel bad. If you have different views fair enough. But some of these people are the reason we are in this mess. 

 

One of the most enlightening things to come out of this whole thing is seeing people's true nature. Sadly that is cowardice. 

 

 

Yeah, the solution there is just to walk away. It might involve a lot of heartbreak but honestly you don't deserve to suffer because of someone who treats you with that level of spite. No point lashing out at them though, they've picked their side. Fuck them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Outsider said:

Yep I did, not sure if that was their statements though. Easy to concoct a fake statement and say it came from them.  We all know what the media are capable of. 

Sorry to bang on about this but just found this story, Inzamam was also suspended from Sky news for attending Kay Burley's birthday party. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/sky-news-inzamam-rashid-immobilised-23421288

 

Pure unadulterated propaganda. The hit by a bus type reference is very interesting.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of my truthful comments are being hid,shouting or not. You start shouting whoever you are and maybe we'll get somewhere. Hard to stay calm with the main reason we're here in the first place. Its not a light subject, if its war its war and never mind reputations or david icke working hard to get it where it is. It wont be anywhere when youre dead and in a striped suit .

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sexpistol50 said:

 

I wonder if Kay Burley will 'commit suicide' due to the stress of being suspended for so long and for being a hate target by the British public?  

 

Edited by greatdayforfreedom
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, greatdayforfreedom said:

 

I wonder if Kay Burley will 'commit suicide' due to the stress of being suspended for so long and for being a hate target by the British public?  

 

Do you think I'm on to something or am I just a bit obsessed with her? I'm not a mentalist with a giant tattoo of her on my back by the way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Outsider said:

Do you think I'm on to something or am I just a bit obsessed with her? I'm not a mentalist with a giant tattoo of her on my back by the way.

This would definitely get good ratings in our present times. 

14469558_1241836122513863_3605785314426211929_n.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Closing for today (it's late) I am inclined to think it will get tougher as more people vaccinate. It will be easier to penalise anti vaxers. Possibly leading to virtual loss of citizen rights. Not that that overly worries me. I was always pretty unemployable so adapted to alternatives of self sufficiency. It's a myth you will starve without State support. Or have to sit under a doorway. One idea is to create a vast support agency for anti vaxers. Legal info and possible funding. Many wealthy people support this cause and one tycoon is sueing Facebook. At this stage organization is needed. We are numbered in millions. Anti vaxers also vary. I am not anti vaccine myself just protecting my right to decide yes, or no. Organization is critical as people are being held to economic ranson.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Japan to Begin Vaccine Rollout Wednesday
https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/japan-begin-vaccine-rollout-wednesday

 

transcosmos builds a chatbot designed to serve Covid-19 vaccination inquiries for municipalities across Japan
https://www.traveldailynews.asia/transcosmos-builds-a-chatbot-designed-to-serve-covid-19-vac

 

After COVID-19, school suicides up by 40 per cent
http://www.asianews.it/news-en/After-COVID-19%2C-school-suicides-up-by-40-per-cent-52364.html

 

China Orders Crackdown on Fake COVID-19 Vaccines Amid Concerns Over Exported Doses
https://www.rfa.org/english/news/china/fake-02162021090947.html

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jode said:

 

It's a retracting needle. They are used to prevent needle stick injury. 

 

That's a shame. I was planning on grabbing it and shoving it up my Injector's arse. This spoils the fun.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This has left me in absolute shock and confusion.

 

2 days ago a former colleague of mine who works in the morgue at huddersfield royal hospital told me that the head of the morgue is under threat of losing her job because she has started to refuse to put deaths down as covid and says it is bull cos she confirms that they have died either through age related illness or through something else like cancer etc.

 

management went down to see her and gave her an ultimatum that she has to put covid down or she will be sacked. not only her but my former colleague said that most of the head physicians throughout the hospital ( and they dont just think this is huddersfield but everywhere), are calling covid bullshit and are relaying this to their staff throughout the hospitals. scary if true.

 

now mostly all of the staff are under threat of losing their jobs due to new contracts and are being replaced by new military style people who are being moved in to their jobs, especially porter jobs.

 

I am going to try to talk to her to find out if true cos either this person was having a laff and trying to scare me or we are in serious trouble of being annihilated from within. 

Edited by Dizza
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...