Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

18 minutes ago, Given To Fly said:

bucking hell man. seems you just want to screech TDS at everything to shut down debate like zionists do with anti-semitism.

I don't even see what it's supposed to achieve. If I was some globocuck that gets offended over Trump's words like I'm some purple haired writer at Buzzfeed, then yeah the TDS thing would make sense, but anyone who has seen my posts will know I'm more right wing than these fake conservative grifters.

7 minutes ago, Heavenman said:

Just caught a little part of an interview with Jonathan Sumption on the BBC...... 

“90% of covid19 registered deaths have multiple causes.

Lockdown should be voluntary .

This is a very mild epidemic.

This lockdown is destroying livelihoods on a massive scale, it is doing enormous damage”.

It’s great to hear the truth finding it’s way onto the MSM.

As for the BBC (mouthpiece) interviewer?....... what a joke!.

Yes posted his article which is in today's Sunday Times earlier in the thread. Excellent.  

24 minutes ago, kj35 said:

Yes posted his article which is in today's Sunday Times earlier in the thread. Excellent.  

Just seen that now kj35. What a great read. I find it difficult to disagree with anything he has written (unlike the BBC mouthpiece who had to be corrected several times for trying to put words in his mouth). The only bit I might disagree with is that politicians are not wicked men, other than that it’s bang on.

And probably worthy of reposting in case anyone, like me, missed it the first time. 

6 hours ago, kj35 said:

Sensible article in the Sunday Times questioning lockdown and Neil Ferguson

The lesson of Covid-19 is brutally simple and applies generally to public regulation. Free people make mistakes and willingly take risks. If we hold politicians responsible for everything that goes wrong, they will take away our liberty so that nothing can go wrong. They will do this not for our protection against risk, but for their own protection against criticism.

The lockdown was originally justified as a temporary measure to spread coronavirus infections over a longer period. This was to allow time for the NHS’s critical care capacity to catch up. Hence the slogan “Protect the NHS”.

It was never much of a rationale. The NHS is there to protect us, not the other way round. How could its unpreparedness possibly justify depriving the entire UK population of its liberty, pushing us into the worst recession since the early 18th century, destroying millions of jobs and hundreds of thousands of businesses, piling up public and private debt on a crippling scale and undermining the education of our children?

Since the prime minister’s broadcast last Sunday, the lockdown has found a new rationale. The government has dropped “Protect the NHS” from its slogan. The reason is plain from the paper it published the following day. The NHS is not at risk.

This is partly because the government has done an outstanding job in increasing intensive care capacity, and partly because the threat to the NHS was always overstated. The critical care capacity of the NHS has nearly doubled since January, even without the 4,000 or more additional beds in seven temporary Nightingale hospitals. Around the top of the spike in infections, on April 10, 41% of NHS general acute beds were empty. Only 51% of acute beds were occupied by a Covid-19 patient. The current figure is 20%. The Nightingale hospitals stand empty. These are government figures.

Today, the lockdown is only about shielding us from the risk of infection. This raises serious questions about our relationship with the state. It is our business, not the state’s, to say what risks we will take with our own health. We are not fools or children needing to be told by ministers what is good for us, and forced by police officers to do it. We should not need to consult ministers, as the first member of the public to phone in to the daily press conference did, about whether she was allowed to hug her grandchildren.

The usual answer is that by going out and about we may infect other people. But that no longer works as an excuse for coercion. Those who do not want to run the risk of being infected can isolate themselves voluntarily. They will be no worse off than they are under the current compulsory regime. The rest of us can then get on with our lives.

The continuance of the lockdown is particularly odd given that in its latest paper the government accepts that, whatever we do, Covid-19 is likely to be with us long term. So unless it plans to keep the lockdown in place for ever, all that it achieves is to put off the moment when we have to face the risk anyway.

The prime minister told the House of Commons on Monday that his new so-called plan was workable because the British would use their common sense. In that case, why not allow them to do so by leaving the decisions to them?

Instead, we are resorting to law, which, because it requires exact definition, will always cover very many things that are perfectly harmless. Thus it was OK to go for a walk in the park but not to sunbathe. It is OK to drive to the Lake District but not to visit your second home. It is OK to meet one person but not two, and OK to do it in the front garden but not in the back. This kind of thing is arbitrary and absurd. It discredits the law as well as those who make it.

So how has the government ended up in this unsustainable position?

The answer is that, having originally embarked on a sensible policy that would have avoided a lockdown, it did a 180-degree turn on the afternoon of March 23, without thinking of the wider implications. It was in a blind panic provoked by Professor Neil Ferguson’s “reasonable worst case” of 510,000 deaths. Quite apart from the fact that a worst case is by definition an unlikely one, few scientists now support this figure. But it has had disastrous consequences. It pushed the government into making a decision that mocks our humanity and treats us all as mere tools of government policy.

The government terrified people into submission by giving the impression that Covid-19 was dangerous for everyone. It is not. It attacks people with serious vulnerabilities. By most estimates, between 0.5% and 0.75% of infected persons die. Of those, 87% are over 65 and at least 90% have multiple causes only one of which is Covid-19, according to the Office for National Statistics. The death rate for those under 50 is tiny. For the overwhelming majority, the symptoms are mild. Yet Matt Hancock solemnly intoned that “if you go out, people will die”, in what was surely the high point of governmental hype.

The prime minister’s broadcast was supposed to be his Churchillian moment. Instead, we beheld a man imprisoned by his own rhetoric and the logic of his past mistakes.

The lockdown is now all about protecting politicians’ backs. They are not wicked men, just timid ones, terrified of being blamed for deaths on their watch. But it is a wicked thing that they are doing.

Lord Sumption is a former Supreme Court judge and last year’s BBC Reith 

Edited by Heavenman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

You have NO [CONSTITUTIONAL] right not to get vaccinated, you have NO right not to wear a mask,[…]

And if your refuse to get vaccinated the STATE has the power literally take you to a doctor's office and plunge a needle into your arm

these lines come slightly before but here's when the guy loses control and can't help demonically grimacing while saying 'the STATE'... 

https://youtu.be/1YENI_oLmQg?t=1305

f.jpg.f523f2d9a70d727e783e8a56d7681823.jpg

• Like 2

Coronavirus breakthrough: 30 million vaccines set to be available just for UK by SEPTEMBER

THE UK could be the first country to receive the coronavirus vaccine as soon as the beginning of autumn, claims Business Secretary Alok Sharma as he announced exciting updates for the development of the vaccine.

PUBLISHED: 16:54, Sun, May 17, 2020 | UPDATED: 17:18, Sun, May 17, 2020

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1283446/coronavirus-vaccine-uk-daily-press-briefing-alok-sharma

That didn't take long.

7 hours ago, kj35 said:

Hope your mum was ok too Yasmina . She must have been worried. That said -she's raised a "good one" with you so I'm hoping she's equally strong. X 

Hey kj, 

Thank you. We are both fine, just wondering where to go from now as I wish to take it further. 

Aw bless you! 

Much love ❤️

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Avoiceinthecrowd said:

I have found that keeping meticulous notes on everything relating to the incident, telephone conversations with authorities etc was very helpful. Every bit counts. Tell the courts about the countries that did not ransack their economies and fared well. Good luck to you!

Yep, I have been. Thank you! 

7 minutes ago, Yasmina said:

Hey kj, 

Thank you. We are both fine, just wondering where to go from now as I wish to take it further. 

Aw bless you! 

Much love ❤️

There was plenty of footage from the RT news network showing how peaceful everything was.  It was posted here before the hack x 

43 minutes ago, Heavenman said:

Just seen that now kj35. What a great read. I find it difficult to disagree with anything he has written (unlike the BBC mouthpiece who had to be corrected several times for trying to put words in his mouth). The only bit I might disagree with is that politicians are not wicked men, other than that it’s bang on.

And probably worthy of reposting in case anyone, like me, missed it the first time. 

unfortunately i read many articles with similar intelligence, foresight and facts before and during the iraq war 2 but they did it anyway

the trouble with intelligent opinion pieces is it alludes to a heirarchy of intelligence to inform the public and reinforces a muggle belief that those in offices of control are privvy to more knowledge than us mugs and so must know whats best

one of the incidious effects of the media. muggles recognise without media we know little of the world and so rejection of media is rejection of the world, rejection of our finances, rejection of everything

the muggles cannot accept bill gates bought the media and gov as a 24/7 infomercial 

Edited by zArk

6 hours ago, Noctua said:

And the thing is, the Twitterati are calling everyone who protests the lockdown an anti-vaxxer or far right.  There were even news articles trending yesterday calling the Hyde Park protest an 'anti-vaxxer protest'.  They also under report the numbers.  The Evening Standard said there were only 60 people protesting.  If that was the case, there were far more police.

I was there yesterday, arriving a couple of hours in to the event, and there were far more than just 60 people protesting! There were hundreds of people at Speaker's Corner itself (even two hours in) - most just sitting down and listening to music or having a picnic. Some had banners, specially made t-shirts and signs. Several had megaphones and there were people with drums. We didn't see Piers Corbyn, probably being too late to witness his arrest.

A spontaneous march started and, again, I would say that one or two hundred people were involved. It was after the march started that the police closed in, in very large numbers marching in formation across the grass, and then started ramping up the arrests.

It wasn't specifically an "anti-vaxxer protest" - there were a wide variety of people of all ages and all with their own take on why they feel lockdown is wrong.

In other parts of Hyde Park, there were also vast numbers of people sitting out in large groups and enjoying the weather. (Anti)social distancing was completely ignored. I didn't witness any arrests, or even people being spoken to, in other areas although the police were driving around in their vans and passing on horses to make their presence known. What took place at Speaker's Corner was peaceful so there really was little difference compared to the actions of people in other areas of the park who didn't get troubled by police - the only difference being the latter were ignoring lockdown in a quiet rather than more obvious and vocal way.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Alok Sharma is another one controlled by bill gates, surprise surprise, Alok helping to fund Gates’ polio vaccine schedule 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-aid-to-help-vaccinate-more-than-400-million-children-a-year-against-polio

Preceded by the taking down of this forum with all its research and DI's main website.

14 hours ago, Yasmina said:

Hi guys. 

It was me in the article, they arrested me for literally nothing. I went to the park with my mum, and got separated somehow as there were a lot of people and police. 

Police singled me out, came over and said I have to leave and go home to which I responded why??? I have the right to be in there just like everyone else in the park. The officer didn't like that, said if I didn't leave I would be fined. I started to walk away and still demanding why, and that I can't leave without my mum and need to locate her first, he then said I would be fined and 10 seconds later had cuffs on my wrists. He used excessive force and purposely hurt me. I have all bruises on my arms and was unlawfully arrested. They said I was arrested for 'breaching direction' LOL. They kept me in a cell for almost 8 hours and said I would be interviewed which never happened. They then released me 'under investigation'. ? I have pics of the bruising on my wrists and arms but it won't let me upload them for some reason, gives me an error - 200. Whatever that means. 

Anyway, I will be taking this further and making a complaint to the police station due to the bruising they have left me with and unlawful arrest, as well as seeking legal advice in regards to defamation with my picture used on various media websites. 

Just being realistic here but I know its a lot harder to take legal action for things like slander / libel / defamation in the UK than it is in the US 

The UK press are just brutal savages who print the most outrageous bullshit and consistently get away with it

In the US they get pulled up more.often these days but they are still at it 

Its like they have a bottomless pit of money to burn and keep going

I mean lets be honest who even buys a newspaper anymore really and how.many people.subscribe to online MSM rags ? 

Its all propped up by dirty scumbags who are tied into the State 

Chances of taking them to court and winning a defamation case in the UK is a tough one 

But anyway Yasmina its been a pleasure having you here 

I like your fire 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

I was there yesterday, arriving a couple of hours in to the event, and there were far more than just 60 people protesting! There were hundreds of people at Speaker's Corner itself (even two hours in) - most just sitting down and listening to music or having a picnic. Some had banners, specially made t-shirts and signs. Several had megaphones and there were people with drums. We didn't see Piers Corbyn, probably being too late to witness his arrest.

A spontaneous march started and, again, I would say that one or two hundred people were involved. It was after the march started that the police closed in, in very large numbers marching in formation across the grass, and then started ramping up the arrests.

It wasn't specifically an "anti-vaxxer protest" - there were a wide variety of people of all ages and all with their own take on why they feel lockdown is wrong.

In other parts of Hyde Park, there were also vast numbers of people sitting out in large groups and enjoying the weather. (Anti)social distancing was completely ignored. I didn't witness any arrests, or even people being spoken to, in other areas although the police were driving around in their vans and passing on horses to make their presence known. What took place at Speaker's Corner was peaceful so there really was little difference compared to the actions of people in other areas of the park who didn't get troubled by police - the only difference being the latter were ignoring lockdown in a quiet rather than more obvious and vocal way.

Thanks for the info Eve you paint a much more realistic picture of the mood at Hyde Park 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kj35 said:

There was plenty of footage from the RT news network showing how peaceful everything was.  It was posted here before the hack x 

Yep, it was a very peaceful event until the po po got involved. 

alan dershowitz said he couldnt have had sex with Virginia Guffrey during his time spent with her because he all ways kept his pants on for a massage 

He fucking admitted to getting a " massage " by one of Epsteins rabbit in the headlights 

But he kept his.pants on

Those are his own fucking words the dirty old.bastard