Jump to content

Coronavirus Mega-Thread.


Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 45.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DarianF

    2627

  • oddsnsods

    2103

  • Avoiceinthecrowd

    1945

  • SimonTV

    1704

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wont believe this.   I just went down Lidls to get some steak.   Security guard calls me out as I walk past & I ignore him. Gets my steak walks to the credit only till

Some images of today's demonstration in London (not taken by me personally).                

Fuck the fuck off.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Yep, these idiots have lost the plot. I am sorry that they're your friend/associate. I don't wish ill on anyone, but they're going to get what they're deserve. 

I'm the same. And it does bring me back to the point of possibly this is some kind of mind virus. These people in normal circumstances aren't stupid - above said person Doctorate and usually very logical and able to analyse data and situations. But unable to here. It is all very weird.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr H said:

I'm the same. And it does bring me back to the point of possibly this is some kind of mind virus. These people in normal circumstances aren't stupid - above said person Doctorate and usually very logical and able to analyse data and situations. But unable to here. It is all very weird.....

Indeed, it is a mind virus. I just found what they wrote to be extremely sinister. These gobshites are making out that the unvaccinated are pure evil and should be treated like dogs, which they are not. Doctor my arse, he should hand his license back for that post alone. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Indeed, it is a mind virus. I just found what they wrote to be extremely sinister. These gobshites are making out that the unvaccinated are pure evil and should be treated like dogs, which they are not. Doctor my arse, he should hand his license back for that post alone. 

Sorry to confuse, but doctorate (in data science) rather than a medical dr.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Velma said:

The first new strain to pop up like a bad smell, (which you can’t smell) was the “UK variant” which quickly spread throughout Europe and America, although no-one was actually going anywhere, not even to one another's homes or towns far less, countries, but I digress...

 

The UK variety was renamed the “Kent variant” from whence it came, although it is still known as the “UK variant” abroad. Are you with me? They had to give it a local name, because it was about to mutate into the “Bristol variant” which will no doubt morph into the “Belfast strain” and so on...

 

Then came the South African variant, which will probably become the Johannesburg strain and the Brazilian one will mutate into the Rio de Janeiro variant. You catch my drift? This requires more localised “surge testing” to keep abreast of the “cases” coming to a post-code near you!

They will use the UK Variant to stop  people from having holidays at home, popular seaside towns will go under this year , Sturgeon will not allow anyone to leave to travel over the border using the the Variant as an excuse.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, allymisfit said:

I think you have mental health on your side here! 

It's taking it's toll, especially living in the UK. I'd say that was a valid enough reason to leave and goes with their script :)

 

My cousin moved to Dubai last week and no one questioned her the entire journey. 

Not even proof of her Coshit test.

She and a few others got there no problem, even though she expected the worst and got herself very upset prior to her journey. She said it's all being majorly milked here.

 

 

 

 

 

I am certain in Dubai you have to wear masks outside. And even in a car when there are passengers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr H said:

Someone I vaguely know on FB posted this. This is how insane people have got.

 

This is not a joke....

 

Now that I'm a second vaccine graduate, do you think it's worth writing it on the CV?
Would this give me an advantage over someone who only did the first vaccine, or got vaccinated in some alternative framework?

 

An employer responds:

 

Yes, this has given you the edge with us. We can offer you a post in a couple of months time conditional only on you remaining: alive, conscious and - as office space is limited - without large swellings or superfluous extra limbs. As we have just re-carpeted it would be also appreciated if you do not leave large quantities of unknown green ooze around.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, owen said:

I am thinking of leaving permanently to Costa Rica with my family in next few months. I read the list of 15 reasons Irish govt have for leaving country, noticed the bastards dont have emigrating up as a reason. Not saying I wont try

 

Sorry to hear that, but I can completely understand. Seems like this country is going absolutely nowhere fast and I fear for my family.

 

I don't have a a wife or children of my own so I'm planning to head off to Spain next week on my own. Masks outside there, 10pm curfew and everything shut at 6pm but it's a sad sign of the times that this seems like utopia compared to what's going on here.

 

Fuck knows if we'll ever be able to come back if they bring in this 2 week hotel shite and vaccination passports. Real rock and a hard place type stuff.

Edited by Illmatic
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Illmatic said:

 

Sorry to hear that, but I can completely understand. Seems like this country is going absolutely nowhere fast and I fear for my family.

 

I don't have a a wife or children of my own so I'm planning to head off to Spain next week on my own. Masks outside there, 10pm curfew and everything shut at 6pm but it's a sad sign of the times that this seems like utopia compared to what's going on here.

 

Fuck knows if we'll ever be able to come back if they bring in this 2 week hotel shite and vaccination passports. Real rock and a hard place type stuff.

It's worse than that in Spain, they've sealed off the Communities, you can't drive, say from Catalonia into Aragon. They've Even sealed off entire cities such as Alicante, so you can't leave at the weekend (well, you can if you go out on a minor road, but you may be caught).

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Illmatic said:

 

Sorry to hear that, but I can completely understand. Seems like this country is going absolutely nowhere fast and I fear for my family.

 

I don't have a a wife or children of my own so I'm planning to head off to Spain next week on my own. Masks outside there, 10pm curfew and everything shut at 6pm but it's a sad sign of the times that this seems like utopia compared to what's going on here.

 

Fuck knows if we'll ever be able to come back if they bring in this 2 week hotel shite and vaccination passports. Real rock and a hard place type stuff.

I hear Tenerife isnt too bad re mask wearing outside, only half complying and the police arent hassling anyone. In Ireland it seems more than half here wearing em outdoors and it isnt even mandatory. Dont know what mainland Spain is like

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, campanar said:

It's worse than that in Spain, they've sealed off the Communities, you can't drive, say from Catalonia into Aragon. They've Even sealed off entire cities such as Alicante, so you can't leave at the weekend (well, you can if you go out on a minor road, but you may be caught).

 

Yeah I know, I'm looking at Sevilla which is in Andalucia which is at the lowest level at the moment. There aren't many options sadly other than make a big jump to somewhere like Costa Rica like Owen's decided to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, owen said:

I hear Tenerife isnt too bad re mask wearing outside, only half complying and the police arent hassling anyone. In Ireland it seems more than half here wearing em outdoors and it isnt even mandatory. Dont know what mainland Spain is like

 

Right, I have a couple of friends over there and it very much depends where you are apparently. South isn't too bad north and central Spain getting screwed big time.

 

I've noticed that too about Ireland, use of masks seems to be going up if anything, nearly a year into this. Pretty bizarre stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Illmatic said:

 

Yeah I know, I'm looking at Sevilla which is in Andalucia which is at the lowest level at the moment. There aren't many options sadly other than make a big jump to somewhere like Costa Rica like Owen's decided to do.

Do you have a job, or independent income? Unemployment in Spain has gone up 650,000, now at 3.9 million. Don't go there thinking you'll pick up a job like you will in the UK. The job market is nothing like the UK, sadly.

Edited by campanar
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, campanar said:

Do you have a job, or independent income? Unemployment in Spain has gone 650,000, now at 3.9 million. Don't go there thinking you'll pick up a job like you will in the UK. The job market is nothing like the UK, sadly.

 

Yes I work online thankfully and should be sorted up until the summer, so all I need is a decent internet connection. Financially my plan is to save up invest as well as I can have the minimum in Fiat money and wait for the storm clouds to gather.

 

I partly feel like I should be staying here and standing my ground, but there seems to be very little will to resist in this country so I'm not even sure what I could get involved in other than postering/leafleting and talking to people I know. Feel like for my mental health I need a change of scenery but then there's the danger of being in a foreign country when potentially the shit hits the fan.

Edited by Illmatic
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...