Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

1 minute ago, pete675 said:

If they are so worried about tackling obesity, why does the NHS have so many ginormous nurses who can barely fit through doorways?

So that's what all the dancing in empty hospitals was about. A secret way to trim down the fatties.

1 minute ago, DarianF said:

But then again, smart and celebrity aren't two words than normally go together

They are living in a bubble

They are part of a media machine that built them into what they are. They are terrified of being thrown under the wheels of that machine if they put a step wrong

It's like in the 'hunger games' movies....you have all the celebs and urbanite liberals with their painted faces and ridiculous clothes, in the cities all cheering along with the government and making sure that they keep a fake pasted smile on their faces the whole time but they aren't doing it because they are happy; they are doing it because they are afraid

The smart celebs will be buying up massive farmland, stacking massive amounts of precious metals, guns and ammo, and going off grid. But then again, smart and celebrity aren't two words than normally go together. But there would be a few who play dumb for the cameras, but secretly know the deal.

Dunno about buying up farmland in massive amounts. Small amount would be better. Agree with the rest. 

4 minutes ago, pete675 said:

If they are so worried about tackling obesity, why does the NHS have so many ginormous nurses who can barely fit through doorways?

just don't take any diet advice from the 'health professionals'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liberty said:

Dunno about buying up farmland in massive amounts. Small amount would be better. Agree with the rest. 

you can do a heck of a lot with 5 acres. You can have a fullblown small-holding farm with 5 acres

If you have less than 5 acres you can always coordinate and network with other people to help each other make up each others shortfalls

Edited by Macnamara

1 minute ago, Macnamara said:

you can do a heck of a lot with 5 acres. You can have a fullblown small-holding farm with 5 acres

If you have less than 5 acres you can always coordinate and network with other people to help each other make up each others shortfalls

Smaller is going to be better in this situation. Farmers are going to be targeted for wind turbines and what not. 

7 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

They are living in a bubble

They are part of a media machine that built them into what they are. They are terrified of being thrown under the wheels of that machine if they put a step wrong

It's like in the 'hunger games' movies....you have all the celebs and urbanite liberals with their painted faces and ridiculous clothes, in the cities all cheering along with the government and making sure that they keep a fake pasted smile on their faces the whole time but they aren't doing it because they are happy; they are doing it because they are afraid

I imagine the exact same thing was happening in Ancient Rome, as the Empire crumbled all around them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Maybe lots of small farms spread over a wide range would be better than one big one. Options.

Maybe lots of small farms spread over a wide range would be better than one big one. Options.

You wouldn’t be able to get to them because you’d locked in your district.  I would buy one good one and take my chances. 

12 minutes ago, Orange Alert said:

No need to escape to a remote desert island, move to Croydon.  The authorities are trying to blame online misinformation for the pushback from the BAME community in South London and are pushing the old scripted story of the BAME community being the worst affected by the virus.  From my observations a great percentage of the BAME community don't trust the authorities and the propaganda drive of fear has not worked.

How Croydon became a hotbed  for vaccine misinformation 

Misinformation on social media is turning BAME groups against the vaccine. Community leaders say they expect the problem to get worse

When a TikTok user filmed himself shouting "liar" at England's chief medical officer in a London food market this week, the video gave a glimpse of the fevered Covid conspiracies spreading among young people on social media.  

Particularly in diverse parts of the capital, researchers are raising the alarm about online misinformation which is fuelling intense government mistrust and persuading Black and Asian minority ethnic (BAME) communities, already disproportionately affected by the virus, to shun the vaccine. 

There are fears this is already having an impact. A study released last week by Nuffield Health, found just 20.5pc of black people had been vaccinated so far compared with 42.5pc of white people.

In North Croydon, one of the capital's most ethnically diverse constituencies, where more than 60pc of people are from Black, Asian or minority ethnicity (BAME) communities, the medical director of the local NHS Trust, Dr Nnenna Osuji, Medical Director of Croydon NHS Trust, said: "Right now, this misinformation is costing lives."

Inflaming distrust in government

Outside the local Croydon University Hospital, passer-by Tim* outlines the far-fetched conspiracy that he believes lies behind the Covid-19 vaccine. He speaks slowly and carefully, as if trying to explain something complicated to a child without making them feel stupid. "You need to open your mind," he nudges.

Leaning against the wall that separates the hospital garden from the pavement thoroughfare, the 31-year-old falsely states the virus has been created by a "New World Order" to scare people into taking the vaccine. The vaccines are really an attempt to kill-off large numbers to get the human population under control and protect natural resources. He offers no evidence to support these beliefs. 

Tim knows these ideas are considered conspiracies. They are entirely untrue. But false and dangerous opinions are finding new audiences as people, locked-down inside and stuck online, look for new ways to understand the pandemic. Will he take the vaccine? The short answer is no.

Ideas like Tim's are causing deep concern among Croydon's community leaders. "When we first did our survey, the word "culling" kept coming up over and over again," says Ima Miah, chief executive of Croydon's Asian Resource Centre, explaining how the false theory that Covid was a big government conspiracy to kill BAME people is a sentiment that still resonates. 

Full story-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2021/02/06/croydon-became-hotbed-vaccine-misinformation/

The thing is it's not just Croydon, I bet most local 'Reach' news websites will have similar stories.

I can't find them now, but there were stories on my local Birmingham Mail website alongside similar lines.

"BAME communities" being encouraged to take up the vaccine blah blah, because of misinformation blah blah.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liberty said:

You wouldn’t be able to get to them because you’d locked in your district.  I would buy one good one and take my chances. 

I'm talking about if you're a privileged celebrity. Of course not the rest of us little slaves.

Despite the notable handicap of being dead since 1963, C.S. Lewis could really see into the minds of Gates, Schwab and the rest.

As one of the villains from NICE comments:

'A large, unintelligent population is now a dead-weight...the day for a large population has passed. It has served its function as a kind of cocoon for Technocratic and Objective Man.'

That's the way the 'elite' thinks. Anyone for a jab?

22 minutes ago, pete675 said:

As with all things worldly there's 2 parallel systems

1. The benevolent helpful doing its best with decent people 'acting as the P.R ' system

2. The evil money controlling maleficent system hidden behind 1. 

11 minutes ago, pete675 said:

I dunno, I got nothing against NHS workers in general, this is about government hypocrisy to me..keeping us locked up for almost a year then having the nerve to preach to us about obesity & health.

Similar to them saying they will open pubs without any alcohol.

They are blatantly taking the piss & the Stockholmed masses dont seem to bat an eye lid.

I personally swam 7 days a week for an hour till lockdown & now I am a total slob tbh & lost interest in all the good things that would keep me physically & mentally stable.

I also never used to drink before lockdown.

"With the prospect of mass vaccination now on the horizon it is tempting for policymakers to reassure themselves and each other that the worst is over, and that all we need to do is tread water until the required doses arrive in sufficient quantities. This mindset is entirely understandable. Everyone is exhausted, our hearts are broken by grief and loss, and we all just want this nightmare to be over.But it is a mindset we cannot afford to indulge."

https://institute.global/policy/we-need-radical-reform-our-data-infrastructure-beat-covid-19

Preparing the sheep for the inevitable. Not even our magic vaccine will save you. You will submit... forever.

13 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:
These blue heart fake people really get on my tits, glad someone has called them out.

blue degrees are the three most basic freemasonic degrees representing the generative organs, the mind and the heart

Just now, Liberty said:

I think they must know subconsciously if not consciously. Just caught up in a fevour. 

Those who know consciously should be jailed. Those who know subconsciously have no excuse to remain ignorant and are pathetic for not doing any independent research.