Best Book to Start With

Filigree and Fire

Hi

I've been floating around DI for years but have always held back from jumping in, but have explored other forms of esotericism.

As there are so many books I was wondering if anyone could give me a starting point?

My specific interests (if that helps) are:

Astral Travel- something I used to enjoy but just can't focus enough to do anymore.

Magical language- amplify the good, protect from the harmful... I'm heavily interested in poetry and think there is something there - words behind words, energy in cadence and letter forms. I certainly think the media uses this to our detriment.

AI - It's coming to eat the arts now, no two ways about it.

Identity- for various reasons I feel very lost and out of step with who I truly am these days....

Any good starting points?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Filigree and Fire said:

Well I was thinking DI books specifically but sure, I'm open to other sources :)

you might want to start with "And the Truth Shall Set You Free"

i might add that it seems you're looking for a guide on those subjects, remember David is exposing the elitesnot teaching Astral Projection or any kind of system. 

• Like 2

'The Answer' is in my opinion David's best overall book. Each chapter is headed as a question that David explores to answer and the whole book is excellently woven together. It came out late 2020 so it's also up to date versus his older books. There's also color printed art illustrations in the middle of the book by Neil Hague. 

I'd also recommend purchasing 'The Dream' as it's his most recent work. This book really marks a turning point in David's journey as he goes into some really deep concepts that he has been exploring for decades. 'The Dream' uncovers alot of his views on the Astral but not any practical advice on how to Astral project or have Out-of-body experiences.

His next book 'The Reveal' is actually the last book of a Trilogy which includes 'The Trap, The Dream, and The Reveal'. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Skotfreezy said:

you might want to start with "And the Truth Shall Set You Free"

i might add that it seems you're looking for a guide on those subjects, remember David is exposing the elitesnot teaching Astral Projection or any kind of system. 

Thanks for the recommendation - It's not so much that I'm looking for a guide on astral travel, creative writing, alternative spirituality etc... more so on how those things fit into the bigger picture and I'm also a bit concerned on how I've started to find myself struggling in those areas which I previously enjoyed so much.

Although that might be a matter of needed introspection...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Filigree and Fire said:

Thanks for the recommendation - It's not so much that I'm looking for a guide on astral travel, creative writing, alternative spirituality etc... more so on how those things fit into the bigger picture and I'm also a bit concerned on how I've started to find myself struggling in those areas which I previously enjoyed so much.

Although that might be a matter of needed introspection...

So I have a question that may help. What was your life like when these things were easy for you, and, how has that changed?

Perhaps the astral stuff was your starting point and now you need to move forward not repeat what you already did.

What part of the spiritual quest interests you the most...start there :-)

For me, I simply followed all clues given to me and each lead to a greater understanding and a push to dig deeper.

• Thanks 1