Jump to content

Does anyone believe the Universe goes through cycles of Death and Rebirth.


Recommended Posts

I believe every time the universe ends a New Big Bang happens and a new similar Universe begins. The Ragnarok Cycle and the book of Ecclesiastes (for Christians and Jews) state that there is no end, no beginning, permanence, or even certainty. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi  @ManOfOdin  there's various theories about the future of the universe, including among mainstream astronomy. For instance, the expansion of the universe may be followed by a contraction back into a 'big crunch', or black holes may gradually swallow up the regular matter. After all, time, or rather the space-time continuum, is itself a creation of the big bang so concepts like beginning and ending are wrapped up in the material universe and not outside of it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Campion said:

Hi  @ManOfOdin  there's various theories about the future of the universe, including among mainstream astronomy. For instance, the expansion of the universe may be followed by a contraction back into a 'big crunch', or black holes may gradually swallow up the regular matter. After all, time, or rather the space-time continuum, is itself a creation of the big bang so concepts like beginning and ending are wrapped up in the material universe and not outside of it. 

Yeah, I know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2024 at 10:41 PM, ManOfOdin said:

I believe every time the universe ends a New Big Bang happens and a new similar Universe begins. The Ragnarok Cycle and the book of Ecclesiastes (for Christians and Jews) state that there is no end, no beginning, permanence, or even certainty. 

I don't have hard evidence. But my intuition and experience suggests the Indian cyclical models depicted in the vedas to be most likely ish model of how the cycles of existence works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Mr H said:

I don't have hard evidence. But my intuition and experience suggests the Indian cyclical models depicted in the vedas to be most likely ish model of how the cycles of existence works.

 

Just thinking out loud about this. How does the law of entropy fit into a cyclical model?  Ie that we're moving towards more disorder so what would reset the system back to order again to start a new cycle?  I understand that the energy/matter continuum is conserved and not 'used up' but is the same true for entropy? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2024 at 11:47 AM, Campion said:

 

Just thinking out loud about this. How does the law of entropy fit into a cyclical model?  Ie that we're moving towards more disorder so what would reset the system back to order again to start a new cycle?  I understand that the energy/matter continuum is conserved and not 'used up' but is the same true for entropy? 

Sorry just seen this.

 

Obviously I don't know the actual answer.

 

But to speculate I think there is a fail safe mechanism built into the system.

 

In the vedic system there are 4 parts or cycles starting with Satya Yuga. Here we are most spiritually advanced. As we descend through the 4 stages we gradually become more disconnected by spirit and live by selfish ego - ending in Kali Yuga whom many claim we are still in today.

 

KAli yuga is mainly time for pain and suffering. It is my experience that pain and suffering are the gateways back home, to yourself. Where you take the time to step out of the ego after realizing serving it only leads to pain and suffering. And you return back to god. When enough folks have had enough, and sufficient numbers self realize, we can then reset the cycle.

 

So at the end of the cycles, inevitable suffering is our safety mechanism to continue on with the cycles. It is what it is. 🙏

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Didn't Plato etc al have similar Ages, iron through to golden age cycle ,but perhaps the great astrological year from earths perspective was the model for that originally and the ice ages ,earths wobble ,  moving  around galaxy into different  areas hence long term   cycle  like Graham Hancock talks about ,magicians of the gods America before ,etc

Or to go fundamentally wasn't it Terrence McKenna that used to say scientists need just one Big Miracle at the biggining of time   which they can't explain!

But also if infinity is taken into account how many universes could be on the go ?

Or how many different cycles simultaneously perhaps 

Edited by Talorgan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Talorgan said:

Didn't Plato etc al have similar Ages, iron through to golden age cycle ,but perhaps the great astrological year from earths perspective was the model for that originally and the ice ages ,earths wobble ,  moving  around universe  into catastrophe cycle .

Or to go fundamentally wasn't it Terrence McKenna that used to say scientists need just one Big Miracle at the biggining of time   which they can't explain!

But also if infinity is taken into account how many universes could be on the go ?

Or how many different cycles simultaneously perhaps 

Yes everyone has their own model. Even I had a model girlfriend once 😂🙏

 

The vedas only address this universe. 

 

Infinity to me means not in dimensions. Rather than an ongoing time and space. I personally have never experienced time or space. It's always here and always now in my experience. And in the aforementioned infinity, everything is possible indeed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Mr H said:

Yes everyone has their own model. Even I had a model girlfriend once 😂🙏

 

The vedas only address this universe. 

 

Infinity to me means not in dimensions. Rather than an ongoing time and space. I personally have never experienced time or space. It's always here and always now in my experience. And in the aforementioned infinity, everything is possible indeed.

That we can possibly tap into this field or are conscious of it is intriguing too

Tir na n OG was the land of the everlasting / living in Gaelic mythology similar idea outside birth and death cycles or time perhaps 

Edited by Talorgan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Talorgan said:

That we can possibly tap into this field or are conscious of it is intriguing too

Tir na n OG was the land of the everlasting / living in Gaelic mythology similar idea outside birth and death cycles or time

The real we, knows everything. The other "we" i.e. thought forms,  originates from and is informed by the real we. So I guess not totally impossible that thought forms can cross universes, but I haven't experienced myself, so just a speculation. 🙏

 

Never heard of Tir na n OG. Sounds interesting. Will have to read up.🙏

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Mr H said:

The real we, knows everything. The other "we" i.e. thought forms,  originates from and is informed by the real we. So I guess not totally impossible that thought forms can cross universes, but I haven't experienced myself, so just a speculation. 🙏

 

Never heard of Tir na n OG. Sounds interesting. Will have to read up.🙏

  

Tir na nOg comes up in the Ancient Aliens series as the home of the Tuatha De Danann  who are in their theory ancient aliens.  

 

It's also the name of a great Irish folk band from the 1970s. The folk music connection doesn't end there, as the Tir na nOg legend is attested in the poetry of the legendary poet Oisin or Ossian, which is also the name of my favourite Scottish folk band.  

 

Edited by Campion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

https://www.sciencealert.com/we-finally-know-what-turned-on-the-lights-at-the-dawn-of-time

 

This article is interesting but again seems to verify Terrence McKenna s point that they need one big miracle at the beginning to Explain anything it seems?

But if speed of light is a constant or changeable constant ,if  higher vibrations exist beyond this then that must be where to look for origins perhaps ,still not sure who could know how many cycles there have been or will be or as Taliesin said why swans have black feet

 

Perhaps electric  universe ideas offer some idea ?

https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2011/08/18/10609/

Edited by Talorgan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Does this include breathing  in out reborn universes?

Also Some like Teilhard de Chardin , Jesuit priest and paleontologist suggested in his Omega Point  theory that  there is consciousness drawing evolution, nature ,us consciousness towards it ,

same with Terrence McKenna and his Attractor at end of time theory pulling us towards it ,

 

Perhaps even self writing universe and  ambient natural  intelligence  even ?

 

Of course could get this idea  Used as an 

eddy

in there I suppose like disruptive entities too herding

consciousness into travelling wrong way perhaps too ,like 

The Singularity /or cul -de -sac

Away from

Consciousness even 

Then there is of course   idea/ experience / glimpse

that it's all happening

NOW

like depending where our consciousness attention is perhaps?

 

Perhaps the aim is individual soul to connect with it's  Spirit 

 

Edited by Talorgan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...