Abraham Hicks 20 Years Later & The Law Of Attraction

I did this philosophy for about 20 years and in total, I didn't manifest the things I was requesting of Source for. It wasn't because I didn't try, it was because I didn't process the whole " allowing & expecting " procedure during the day and night, to me, which is required to come into alignment.

Also, I found the YouTube videos confusing and hard to understand. I am not bashing Abraham Hicks. I just found that it just wasn't for me anymore.

Interesting that no one talks about the Law Of Attraction anymore? Maybe it was just a fad? IDK. 

What are your thoughts on the Law of Attraction and Abraham Hicks? You can still find their books in the bookstores today. And what are your thoughts on "channeling"?

Thanks for reading this...

J109

16 hours ago, Janus109 said:

I did this philosophy for about 20 years and in total, I didn't manifest the things I was requesting of Source for. It wasn't because I didn't try, it was because I didn't process the whole " allowing & expecting " procedure during the day and night, to me, which is required to come into alignment.

Also, I found the YouTube videos confusing and hard to understand. I am not bashing Abraham Hicks. I just found that it just wasn't for me anymore.

Interesting that no one talks about the Law Of Attraction anymore? Maybe it was just a fad? IDK. 

What are your thoughts on the Law of Attraction and Abraham Hicks? You can still find their books in the bookstores today. And what are your thoughts on "channeling"?

Thanks for reading this...

J109

Great topic.

Can you expand on what you mean by allowing and accepting?

I only watched Hicks a few times. My intuition said scammer. But I know people that love it.....

LOA. Maybe the seeds are further back. But from basic knowledge I have.

It basically came from the bible. Literally all of what they say is in the bible but slightly reworded.

Then in the early 20th c. We had new christian thought movement. And this is where people dug up the wisdom of the bible, repackaged for the consumer. I believe some of the pioneers were folks like Neville Goddard, Napoleon Hill, many others.

This fad then.died. and literally the Secret came out about 80 years later and plagerised Think and grow rich.

The modern day LOA tends to try and sell quick fixes to the modern day consumer who wants quick fixes. So they kind of make you believe you can just sit in your room and stuff will come flying to you out of the Ether...

So yeah the modern stuff for me is a bit creepy sounding, but I very much enjoy reading the earlier stuff on the subject.

Channelling - I have a lot of experience with this. As I was an akashic records consultant for quite few years and also used to channel angels and ETs. So in my experience it is a very real thing. But in my experience it didn't happen like with Hicks where you apparently completely change into new persona.

• Like 1

And just final point.

You know. You have to apply common sense at times.

If this lady Abraham Hicks could really manifest whatever they wanted when they wanted. Would they really be going around the country selling courses convincing people of LOA?. Or would they be in extreme demand to solve real meaningful problems like world hunger?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr H said:

And just final point.

You know. You have to apply common sense at times.

If this lady Abraham Hicks could really manifest whatever they wanted when they wanted. Would they really be going around the country selling courses convincing people of LOA?. Or would they be in extreme demand to solve real meaningful problems like world hunger?

I'm interested in why you stopped channelling MrH.

From what I've seen of channelling it comes in many forms. Some are more aware during it than others.

11 hours ago, Mr H said:

Great topic.

Can you expand on what you mean by allowing and accepting?

Esther will say something like " When your allowing Source vibration, you then are expecting. " And when you are expecting to receive from Source, you are allowing. They both sort of go together.

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2024 at 6:47 PM, Janus109 said:

Esther will say something like " When your allowing Source vibration, you then are expecting. " And when you are expecting to receive from Source, you are allowing. They both sort of go together.

Ok thanks mate.

My take on that for whatever it's worth.

The etymology of ex pect. Is to look out from. So if you expect something it means you don't have it and you think it will come from outside source.

As the samurai Mushashi wrote. Everything is within. Nothing exists outside yourself. This is the true source of the creation of objective experience.

Similarly Esther above is saying there is you then there is something else called source. Again this is speaking from a dualistic mind and not from truth. As there is only one entity. Not multiple. There is no source giving you anything. You are the source.

In my experience I would disagree with Ester on these points and can see these false statements being a hinderence to manifestation 

On 5/14/2024 at 1:38 PM, RobinJ said:

I'm interested in why you stopped channelling MrH.

From what I've seen of channelling it comes in many forms. Some are more aware during it than others.

Hey.

I do still channel quite a bit.

I should have been clearer. I stopped channelling for monetary exchange. Just for the reason, that although I'm my experience it is true and have had many positive results, channelling is actually not provable in the phenomenal sense. Without this certainty I could not take money for it.

So just do it for myself, and anyone that thinks it maybe helpful for them, but with no charge.

1 hour ago, Mr H said:

Ok thanks mate.

My take on that for whatever it's worth.

The etymology of ex pect. Is to look out from. So if you expect something it means you don't have it and you think it will come from outside source.

As the samurai Mushashi wrote. Everything is within. Nothing exists outside yourself. This is the true source of the creation of objective experience.

Similarly Esther above is saying there is you then there is something else called source. Again this is speaking from a dualistic mind and not from truth. As there is only one entity. Not multiple. There is no source giving you anything. You are the source.

In my experience I would disagree with Ester on these points and can see these false statements being a hinderence to manifestation 

I'm trying to understand the concept of 'source' as I come across it sometimes tho it's not something I use myself. It seems to be used as an alternative to God but with less baggage from organised religion. 

Also a query; if there is only one entity then why do we need to think of inside and outside, isn't that creating an artificial boundary? In that case, if nothing exists outside (the non-existent self), then likewise nothing exists within either. Everything is suchness, neither inner nor outer; neither mind nor matter. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Campion said:

Also a query; if there is only one entity then why do we need to think of inside and outside, isn't that creating an artificial boundary? In that case, if nothing exists outside (the non-existent self), then likewise nothing exists within either. Everything is suchness, neither inner nor outer; neither mind nor matter. 

The answer has to be appropriate to the mind that asked the question. ( In this case to point the seeker that they are the source of manifestation)

There is in reality as far as my investigation can tell, no real inner or outer. There are no entities manifesting anything. Everything is a movement of grace. 

But if we decide to play the game. Then we can speak of characters, and the rules of manifestation in the illusiory environment. If we don't want to play the game, we must remain silent.

Edited by Mr H
  • Like 1